Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cbellero
Transportation Resort Charge Policy

The resort will arrange combined speedboat transfers to and from Male International Airport and the fee is 136 USD per person (inclusive of the 12% GST and 10% Service Charge). International flight details are required to arrange transfers.

Some rate plans are inclusive of the transfer fee. Please check the rate description. Other terms and conditions may apply.

As of March 2021, hotel website states speedboat transfer is complimentary.

Information for Guests with Children

Due to the design and the general layout of our Water Bungalow, Water Villa, Water Suite and Ocean Villa children below the age of 12 cannot be accommodated in these room types. Children above the age of 12 are allowed when staying with a parent (maximum of 2 pax per room including child).

Please contact the resort for further information.

Mandatory Transportation Information

The resort is just a short 20 - 25 minutes speed boat ride away from Male' Airport.

Please contact the resort at sheraton dot maldives at sheraton dot com for transportation arrangements or fill in your details here.
  • Transportation is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
  • The cost for the combined roundtrip transfer service from/to MLE International Airport is 136 USD per person.
  • Please note that all speedboat transfers are subject to weather conditions and may not be able to operate in extreme weather.
  • Advance notice for changes is required at (960) 665 0225 x4.

New Green Tax Beginning November 1, 2015

Beginning November 1, 2015, a new Green Tax of 6 USD per day per person will go into effect. This will be in addition to the 10% Service Charge and the 12% Goods and Services Tax.

Mandatory New Year's Eve Dinner: December 31, 2015

There will be a compulsory New Year's Eve dinner supplement for all guests staying over or arriving on December 31, 2015. The rate is 431 USD per adult and 172 USD per child ages 2 to 11. This will be automatically added to the room bill. Please contact the resort for further information.

Reaching out to the hotel
[email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Old May 31, 2015, 11:59 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I've stayed at both in the same trip to the Maldives. I believe there is absolutely no comparison between the two.

Sheraton is an easy access, close to MLE resort that I didn't find to be too unique or different. There is no snorkelling at Full Moon. Additionally, there is so much land reclamation going on that flying out of MLE, Full Moon is almost attached to the airport. Ok - that's a slight exaggeration, but it's very close these days. The minus for me is that the Full Moon is on the northern departure track from the MLE airport, so it's a bit noisy.

Park Hyatt is totally secluded and among the best out there. If you can afford it, it's a much better option. It's quiet and serene with a beautiful beach and a world class house reef.

I reviewed both Park Hyatt and Sheraton Full Moon in 2012 at my trip report here

I later returned to the Park Hyatt in 2015, a review is at my trip report here
Old May 31, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
I've stayed at both in the same trip to the Maldives. I believe there is absolutely no comparison between the two.

Sheraton is an easy access, close to MLE resort that I didn't find to be too unique or different. There is no snorkelling at Full Moon. Additionally, there is so much land reclamation going on that flying out of MLE, Full Moon is almost attached to the airport. Ok - that's a slight exaggeration, but it's very close these days. The minus for me is that the Full Moon is on the northern departure track from the MLE airport, so it's a bit noisy.

Park Hyatt is totally secluded and among the best out there. If you can afford it, it's a much better option. It's quiet and serene with a beautiful beach and a world class house reef.

I reviewed both Park Hyatt and Sheraton Full Moon in 2012 at my trip report here

I later returned to the Park Hyatt in 2015, a review is at my trip report here
thank you very much

i did choose the Park Hyatt already.
Old May 31, 2015, 10:21 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
For those that are interested, I took this photo of what I believe is the Sheraton Full Moon resort on my last flight out of Male airport.

There has been a land reclamation project adjacent to the resort (to the right of the photograph) and I was really surprised to see how much the land reclamation project is almost encroaching on the resort. Anywhere else in the world, this would be a separate and distinct island, but by Maldivian standards, this is about as close island to the resort as you can get.

Those looking for a completely private and separate island might be a little disappointed.

3rdworldresident - I don't think you'll be disappointed with your choice. Travel safe.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 1:51 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
the hotel has c&p available in high season ( i booked some nights in January )
10k points +180++USD seems a great deal compared to 1020++USD
Old Jul 26, 2015, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Just wanted to warn others that this property requires you to cancel 3 weeks prior to arrival to avoid any penalties even on a cancellable rate.

I hadn't noticed and booked a room with a free Sheraton night, only to realize that it was too late to cancel my points night without penalty! So now I had 2 non-cancellable reservations for the same night! Thankfully, the hotel was very gracious and let me cancel my points night at no charge when I explained that I had simply made a new reservation. This type of thing is what keeps me loyal to Starwood. ^
Old Jul 31, 2015, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Club Lounge!

Great news for people who like lounges like I do. The hotel has opened a Club Lounge as of about 6 months ago. It is located at the opposite end of the island from the boat landing, past the ocean villas.

Platinum check-in is done at the Club Lounge. Lounge is open from 06:30 to 20:30 and there are soft drinks and beer (Carlsberg) available all day. In addition, breakfast is served from 06:30-11:00 and appetizers and unlimited cocktails from 17:00-19:00.

Appetizers consisted of a hot beef entre this evening, with various other crudits, pieces of fish and chicken skewer. There was a sign to let them know of any dietary requirements or food allergies. Since pickings were pretty slim for a vegetarian, I mentioned it, and they brought out a veggie maki roll for me. ^

There appears to be one feature cocktail per evening. Tonight it was tequila sunrise. Tomorrow will be Bay Breeze, and next night Whisky Sour.

There is also a pool outside reserved for Club Lounge guests (open 08:00-18:00).

Guests can be invited to the lounge for the following additional charges:
  • Breakfast $10++ per invitee on top of their breakfast rate from Feast Restaurant.
  • Sheraton Club lounge access $20++ per invitee per day.
  • Evening cocktails $30++ per invitee.
Entrance to lounge is for guests ages 8 and above.

Platinums can choose to have breakfast in the Feast Restaurant, but will have to give up their 500 pt welcome amenity.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 8:38 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum (P100)
Question

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Great news for people who like lounges like I do. The hotel has opened a Club Lounge as of about 6 months ago. It is located at the opposite end of the island from the boat landing, past the ocean villas.

Platinum check-in is done at the Club Lounge. Lounge is open from 06:30 to 20:30 and there are soft drinks and beer (Carlsberg) available all day. In addition, breakfast is served from 06:30-11:00 and appetizers and unlimited cocktails from 17:00-19:00.

Appetizers consisted of a hot beef entre this evening, with various other crudits, pieces of fish and chicken skewer. There was a sign to let them know of any dietary requirements or food allergies. Since pickings were pretty slim for a vegetarian, I mentioned it, and they brought out a veggie maki roll for me. ^

There appears to be one feature cocktail per evening. Tonight it was tequila sunrise. Tomorrow will be Bay Breeze, and next night Whisky Sour.

There is also a pool outside reserved for Club Lounge guests (open 08:00-18:00).

Guests can be invited to the lounge for the following additional charges:
  • Breakfast $10++ per invitee on top of their breakfast rate from Feast Restaurant.
  • Sheraton Club lounge access $20++ per invitee per day.
  • Evening cocktails $30++ per invitee.
Entrance to lounge is for guests ages 8 and above.

Platinums can choose to have breakfast in the Feast Restaurant, but will have to give up their 500 pt welcome amenity.
Planning to use my SPG Sheraton free weekends promo at this hotel in November - lounge info is very useful - thanks for this.

Just a few quick questions for those who might know the answers:
- I am platinum and will be travelling with my husband - would he be considered as guest and will be required to pay the charges for guest as mentioned above?
- Would I be able to use SNA along with the free weekends ( sorry if this is asked before - I am quite new in FT )

Among the choices of Sheraton Hotels for this promo - I found Maldives suits us best - can't wait for it really
Old Aug 1, 2015, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Book your room for 2 people and your husband will get free lounge access as well.

Not sure about applying SNA to free night. I suspect this might be one of those cases where you get a message that SNA can't be applied. Plat Concierge might be able to help you with the request.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 10:38 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
How's the breakfast in the Club Lounge? Good variety? Might stay 1 or 2 nights here so maybe better to take the 500 points instead?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You only give up the Plat amenity if you want breakfast in the restaurant. Breakfast in the lounge was fine. Selection was small, but you could order hot selections such as eggs Benedict from a menu with 5-6 things on it. I ate breakfast in the lounge for the 3 days I was there and was completely satisfied. Lounge staff is excellent. ^
Old Aug 14, 2015, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Lounge staff is excellent. ^
I absolutely agree. The lounge and staff made my holiday when I was there early July. It's a nice resort (nothing high end though) but the lounge experience at Full Moon is th deal maker.

Kuddos to Ruchelle and her team :-: !
Old Aug 15, 2015, 1:25 am

Programs: AA plat pro, HH Diamond
Agree that the lounge is excellent.

I actually far preferred the lounge breakfast to the usual resort buffet experience - the lounge was peaceful, quiet, no crowds of people and kids , just perfect.

And also not to be missed the cocktail hour in the evening.

Can't wait to go back later this year.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:55 pm

I recently booked a 13 night stay for November to celebrate my honeymoon! We're hoping that we'll be lucky enough to get upgraded to an OWB, considering it's a special occasion for us and I'll be a 100 night plat. Since the Suite Night Upgrade is only for a Beach Cottage, do you think that using Suite Night Awards will hurt or help our chances of getting upgraded to an OWB?

Looking forward to checking out the new lounge and other amenities, so I'll be sure to try and note things that you guys might be interested in.

-Jason

Last edited by Jason_Morriss; Aug 31, 2015 at 3:19 pm
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FT and congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!

I was at this property about a month ago for 3 nights. Used SNA to get confirmed upgrade to beach front cottage. First night I was told there were no OTWBs available but I could have one on my second day. Packed up my stuff and went to my OTWB. My only experience with OTWBs was at LM Bora Bora and it was fantastic. The docks went a long way (perpendicular) from shore and the water under our bungalow was deep and full of fish that we could see through our glass floor.

In the Maldives the docks/bungalows run parallel to the shore, thus are all in shallow water. Plus there is no glass floor. OTWBs are much smaller than the cottages and the bathroom nowhere as spectacular.

After 10 mins of pondering, I asked if I could go back to my old room. Much preferred my beachfront cottage to the OTWBs. Now if it's your first time with OTWBs, you might like the novelty. Ideally I'd suggest splitting your stay to try out both room types. I loved the outdoor shower in the cottage. ^
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:25 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by illusions
Planning to use my SPG Sheraton free weekends promo at this hotel in November - lounge info is very useful - thanks for this.

Just a few quick questions for those who might know the answers:
- I am platinum and will be travelling with my husband - would he be considered as guest and will be required to pay the charges for guest as mentioned above?
- Would I be able to use SNA along with the free weekends ( sorry if this is asked before - I am quite new in FT )

Among the choices of Sheraton Hotels for this promo - I found Maldives suits us best - can't wait for it really
Very nice summary MG ^

I might even swing by this hotel using the FWN but US$140 for the boat ride - what's that? 10 minutes each way

Can someone kindly tell me how much the Male City tour from the resort is?

We were at the Sheraton a few years back so I am sure inflation has pushed the prices to somewhere close to US$200 pp round trip.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.