Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2009, 6:34 am

To be honest, having newly attained Plat status I do not know that the Marvelous Suites at this property are not considered to be standard suites made available for Platinum complimentary upgrades. I thought I have seen others being upgraded to Marvelous Suites before. However I would have accepted that answer from the check-in staff if he had explained to me.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 2:14 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Just completed another 2 night stay at the W Hong with their introductory 1650 HKD rate and was upgraded to a Marvelous Suite (#2711) with the Glamourous design. No issues at check-in and my suite was ready by the time I got to the hotel around noon. They just had their "grand opening" party on Monday, January 19, 2009 so we'll see what happens with the hotel in terms of occupancy rates.

I was in Hong Kong for another night, but moved to the Sheraton as the rates there less than 1200 HKD.

Will post pictures once Apple gets my laptop functioning again
Old Jan 23, 2009, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by aussiechris
Quite correct but some of us have bagged one
However this Hotel, like the St Regis Singapore, can give upgradesbeyond the terms of the SPG program.Some Platinum guests may leave disappointed and others will leave totally delighted.Thats the nature of this program in that it cannot satisfy all Platinum guests all of the time.
I had the marvelous suite (but only after the smelly bathroom incident). Will post some pics if anyone wants to see them. The living room of the suite was for a W, but the bathroom was lovely.

However, nothing will make me forget about the smell of my first suite or the attitude of the first check in staff.

YMMV.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
And there was a lady manager who was always floating around and checking up on me.
Sounds like you met the W Insider (some sort of guest relations role). I agree - she's simply fabulous.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Perhaps. I also met another lady who was dressed in a red army uniform. She was in some sort of guest relations role, but at the time there were some models doing a shoot up on the roof. The models were in the jacuzzi drinking Champagne and wanted me to join them, but I wasn't in a position to do so (ahem) so I spoke to the staffer about W hotels in general. Interesting conversation.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 4:10 am

The models were in the jacuzzi drinking Champagne and wanted me to join them, but I wasn't in a position to do so
What were you thinking man! ( polite edited version)

Last edited by aussiechris; Jan 24, 2009 at 4:12 am Reason: Edited for forum approval
Old Jan 24, 2009, 5:22 am

Perhaps. I also met another lady who was dressed in a red army uniform. She was in some sort of guest relations role..
The Insider is the girl with the dreadlocked hair.

Originally Posted by aussiechris
What were you thinking man! ( polite edited version)
+1
Old Jan 25, 2009, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I didn't see any girl with dredlocks?

And aussiechris, I was not alone.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 8:18 am

I didn't see any girl with dredlocks?
She's normally floating around at the Living Room and at the Welcome Desk; also does check in when the hotel is busy. Black W hotel uniform. V enthusiastic young lady who's always extremely eager to help out and surprise.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by QF009
She's normally floating around at the Living Room and at the Welcome Desk; also does check in when the hotel is busy. Black W hotel uniform. V enthusiastic young lady who's always extremely eager to help out and surprise.
That describes the lady I saw, except she had a typical Chinese haircut, long to the shoulders. Maybe she changed hair styles or there are two of them?
Old Jan 25, 2009, 7:01 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat/P100, UA 1K 1MM
I just got back from a 4 night stay at this property and loved it, I would definitely return. As a Platinum I was upgraded to a suite which had Panoramic views of HK. Spa was excellent and open 24/7 (although the jet loungers and sauna/steam room are closed from 10pm-6:30am I believe). Rooftop pool and hot tub were also very enjoyable. I found the service to be excellent and the front desk and concierge to be very helpful throughout my stay.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 1:12 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Plat, Starwood Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Dia, Hertz Pres Circle
Cash and points available at W HK?

I stayed 1 night at the W HK this past Nov and was sold. I go to HK every year for family vacation, and loved the W HK is now my favorite place. Yes, the location is a little out of the way, but hey, taxis in HK are cheap. I am planning to stay for 2 weeks later this year and was wondering....anyone know if this property will have the "Cash + Points" option?
Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:05 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by LakersFan_2008
...anyone know if this property will have the "Cash + Points" option?
They have the rate plan for Cash & Points. When they will allow folks to book it may be another question altogether.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jan 29, 2009, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Plat, Starwood Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Dia, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
They have the rate plan for Cash & Points. When they will allow folks to book it may be another question altogether.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2009, 7:10 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Delta Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum, ANA Loser Status
We stayed at the W Hong Kong in November. I am only a lowly Gold member, but we got a nice upgrade to a room with a great view of the harbor (but not a suite).

The hotel was great -- the best W I have stayed at yet. I loved the theme. Sevice was great. Breakfast was outstanding.

They were running a special for buy one treatment and get second for 50% off -- we my wife and I booked couples facials. It was the best facial that either of us had ever had. And we got to enjoy the fantastic couples room in the spa.

Overall I would rate the hotel as:

Cleanliness: 10
Decor/Design: 10
Location: 8 (Kowloon is fine -- but it would be a 10 if it had an unobstructed view of the HK skyline -- another tower is in the way).
Staff: 8 (good staff but a little green -- the concierge told us she would book the W shuttle bus for us -- but forgot, so we had ride to skyline light show. But management reimbursed us for the cab ride. So it was all good).

Highly recommended.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.