Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Make sure you get two door keys, as one key is needed to keep the power to the room on (if you slip away, your phone/ laptop will stop charging).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Leipzig [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28465311-post2190.html

I did not want to go OT on the lounge thread, but the above post by @Srisarin recommends restaurants Zills Tunnel and Romanushof.

The meal reservation I seek needs to have very good steaks. I am looking at Steaktrain which happens to be close to the Marriott.

Any feedback on a place with good steaks from an American point of view?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Xeno
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28465311-post2190.html

I did not want to go OT on the lounge thread, but the above post by @Srisarin recommends restaurants Zills Tunnel and Romanushof.

The meal reservation I seek needs to have very good steaks. I am looking at Steaktrain which happens to be close to the Marriott.

Any feedback on a place with good steaks from an American point of view?
There is non. Since 49 years I'm looking for one in my hometown. Steaktrain and Maredo, both in the city center and pretty close to the hotel, are somewhat OKish, at least steaks are their main business so they know how to do it in general.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:05 pm

Thank you. Given the Steaktrain prices I hope the steaks are not a disappointment.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:50 am

Here are some notes about the Leipzig, Germany, Marriott.

Lounge hours: 6 am - 12 midnight.
Breakfast: 6:30 am - 10:30 am, with Sat and Sun breakfast in the main restaurant. I was told it would cost 20 Euros more for breakfast in the main restaurant on M-F.
Evening food: 5:30 - 7:30 warm; 5:30 - 9:30 pm cold.

I think the food is good but perhaps limited because of the small size of the lounge.

The gym is also very small and has mostly treadmills. There is one multiple-purpose machine and an adequate assortment of dumbbells. I did not use the pool or whirlpool.

No problems with check-in, wifi, or staff requests.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 4:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Very impressed with the lounge here and my comfortable 6h floor room. I'm just a few doors down from the lounge making access quite convenient. I see an earlier poster commented about power access. They seemed to have resolved this with a power strip on the end table next to the bed with five outlets.

This evening in the lounge:

This morning at breakfast:

I'd readily stay here again. More photos in this gallery:
https://tom911.smugmug.com/Travel-Eu...many-December/
Old Dec 14, 2017, 11:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report w/ pics. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:39 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Hi All,

A quick update for this hotel. My wife and I stayed in late August and found the hotel to be good, if not great. We had a rate of close to 90 euros a night which we did not think was too bad. Hotel location is also close to the main train station and the city center which was a plus.

Our room was more or less standard - nothing to "write home about" - however the executive lounge and breakfast offerings were decent.

Our only issue was the desk clerk not recognizing my wife's status due to an error with her account after the Marriott - Starwood merger. We eventually convinced her my wife was a Gold member (now Platinum) and could use the lounge / breakfast, but it was not a very warm reception.

Some pictures from our stay: https://www.thetravelingexpats.com/r...riott-leipzig/
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 4:07 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Marriott(T)
Corona update

Just an update from Leipzig Marriott during Corona.
Titanium benefits update
They have provided a modified Lounge experience which is pretty good
Old Aug 30, 2023, 2:04 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Since it's been awhile since the last report, just wanted to update that I stayed here last week and the lounge was pretty good. Breakfast in the lounge included a few hot dishes each morning (like scrambled eggs, bacon and ham), plus the usual expected cold offerings in Europe (cold cuts, cheeses, yogurt, cereal, salad, smoked fish, etc). Evening service included a variety of small individually plated hors d'oeuvres that rotated, cheese and cold cuts, and a few hot dishes that one could make dinner out of if desired. (For example, one night it was a beef dish, potatoes and pasta). Drinks included sparking, red and white wine, and beers.

No real upgrade given, but I was put on the Executive Lounge floor. The hotel also left a nice welcome amenity with card in the room, consisting of still and sparkling water, and a small dessert.

The hotel had signs up celebrating its 25th anniversary, which for me only emphasized that all the hotel decor must be from 1998 and it's probably past due for a renovation. (The rooms and furniture are all well maintained, however.) AC was only able to cool the room to 23 C, but since I had just arrived from another Marriott family hotel in Germany with broken AC, I was happy to take what I could get!

I did prefer the Marriott's location to the Westin, even though they are only a few blocks away. The Marriott is right across from the train station, which makes arriving and departing very easy if you're traveling by DB, and also basically in the old town.
Happy and ElevatorEnthusiast like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.