Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: razflyer
Post #515 is an EXTENSIVE review w/ pics. Link

Food menus: Kitchen, In-Room Dining, Fire, Fish
Prices may change (sometimes substantially) so not necessarily up to date.

Excursions and activities pricing
Print Wikipost

W Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2008, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Hi rolov,

W Retreat and Spa Maldives is a property with villas only, hope that explains why it has limited participation in the program.

[email protected]
Thanks Lurker II
Old Jul 16, 2008, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
This is the most interesting thread, ever. With 46 posts, not a single post (ok, maybe 1?) was about an actual stay at the hotel. All others were speculations/questions/etc
Old Jul 16, 2008, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IC Amb
That is pretty funny BW but I think we're all waiting on your review first before making the plunge
Old Jul 16, 2008, 3:47 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
This is the most interesting thread, ever. With 46 posts, not a single post (ok, maybe 1?) was about an actual stay at the hotel. All others were speculations/questions/etc
And that is after I split the thread. There were 150 posts or more made before the property opened, conjecturing about the property and then expressing astonishment over the points required to redeem here. I had to plow thru 200 posts to figure out if indeed anyone had actually stayed here. I decided it would be less confusing for all of us if I did the thread split.

I'm a huge fan of Starwood, but I have to say that for this one specific location, Hilton trumps Starwood. Hilton has a beautiful property in the Maldives that is only 40K points per night or 125K points for an AMEX award for 4 nights. (I equate that to roughly 15K SPG points for one night or 45K for 4 nights.) It's one of Hilton's top redemption values in the world. And because it is, there are many of us who have figured out flights to get to this distant (for Americans, not so much for Europeans or Australians) part of the world.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 7:58 pm

plat upgrade at w retreat maldives

Originally Posted by flo_147
Did any platinum member ever get an upgrade at the W Retreat Maledives? If yes, what room have you booked and what room did you get?

regards
flo
We did get a plat upgrade from a beach room to an ocean oasis (over water). I was told it was NOT common to give plats upgrades at this property, and to be honest had I not received I would have coughed up the extra $$$ on the spot for it- if you are going to spend that kind of change, it would be a waste not to have one of those over waters, they are absolutely astounding.
Again if anyone is considering, i cannot recommend this property more highly. Absoluter top in accommodations, activities, food, and A+++ service. Quite a pain to get there from the states, but no question it was well worth it. Hoping to get back at some point.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scaplan
We did get a plat upgrade from a beach room to an ocean oasis (over water). I was told it was NOT common to give plats upgrades at this property, and to be honest had I not received I would have coughed up the extra $$$ on the spot for it- if you are going to spend that kind of change, it would be a waste not to have one of those over waters, they are absolutely astounding.
Again if anyone is considering, i cannot recommend this property more highly. Absoluter top in accommodations, activities, food, and A+++ service. Quite a pain to get there from the states, but no question it was well worth it. Hoping to get back at some point.
Care to share some of the pictures you have taken with us? We would love to see them.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Care to share some of the pictures you have taken with us? We would love to see them.

some trip photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2866025...7606213796181/
Old Jul 16, 2008, 9:23 pm

Programs: AC, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by scaplan
scaplan, thanks for sharing with those of us who can only dream!
Old Jul 16, 2008, 10:41 pm

The flickr website really sucks. Clicking a picture looses the thumbnail overview screen. Plus, the pics are tiny.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Colin
The flickr website really sucks. Clicking a picture looses the thumbnail overview screen. Plus, the pics are tiny.
That's not a flickr problem. Look at my flickr page in my signature. I think the OP was just trying to quickly upload photos onto flickr hence the lower quality image. I believe the OP normally uses another site.

Thanks for sharing those photos ^

Last edited by BlissWorld; Jul 16, 2008 at 11:50 pm
Old Oct 9, 2008, 7:50 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Interesting thread. Being Norwegian myself (moved to the US a couple of years ago), I love W Hotels and I'm 35 and not gay . I also know plenty of Scandinavians at all ages that has W as their favorite Starwood brand.

What is the lowest rate registered at this property? A member mentioned a 600 dollar corp rate?
Old Jan 10, 2009, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
W Retreat and Spa Maldives is a property with villas only, hope that explains why it has limited participation in the program.
Dear *Wood Lurker II
Limited participation meaning
1. no upgrade?
2. no points credit?
3. no stay credit?

I'd be very concerned if I can't get points and stay credit!
Old Jan 11, 2009, 8:43 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by phaleesy
Dear *Wood Lurker II
1. no upgrade?
2. no points credit?
3. no stay credit?

Stayed there last year and heading back this summer. We got an upgrade, points and stay credits so no worries!
I think it says limited participation as redeeming points for nights would either not be possible or be at a very high rate due to the high rate per night it is!

As for should you go, if you can afford it go, its simply superb!
Old Jan 11, 2009, 10:54 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by phaleesy
Dear *Wood Lurker II
1. no upgrade?
2. no points credit?
3. no stay credit?

Upgrades depend on availability and you will get stay and points credit at this property as long as your stay is eligible.

[email protected]
Old Jan 14, 2009, 3:09 pm

Cool

Hey !

I'm about to book a trip for my honeymoon to W Retreat and i will apreciate if someone can offer me some information :
-someone have been there during july? All the travel agents are telling me that july is not a good period for maldives, but as i've observed on weather sites , last summer the were most short showers.
-how much do you need to spend in resort, to enjoy your honeymoon for 7 nights with breakfast included?

Thank you for support

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.