Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2018, 5:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by catocony
That rate with 10k bonus points equals out to about $100 US a, since 10k points is worth 50-75 dollars. That is a sweet deal. But, for Christmas, it is out of the way. Even with the Tube closed, you can walk from Grosvenor House down to Buckingham Palace and the rest of the touristy stuff. It would be a long day of walking, but with twilight at 4:00 PM, the days are short.
For 10,000 points, I could sure make the location work.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
For 10,000 points, I could sure make the location work.
Realize on FT giving up points is blasphemy, but sometimes the experience of a really nice hotel at Xmas time in an area one wants to be in with a nice exec lounge, good chance of upgrade, and a nice Xmas dinner is more important than some extra points at a basic biz hotel, especially on such a limited stay timewise & having to sort out transport. My vote would be for JW in this instance (or other Mayfair properties) vs. Maida Vale or other areas.

Cheers.
makin'miles and GregWTravels like this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Does anyone have an email address for Marriott Park Lane? I am booked there for Christmas and want to get in touch with the hotel about a few matters in advance.

Fingers crossed fr an upgrade?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 11:17 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Maida Vale is not central London, not at all. And not a good place to be without tube access. Think about the Park Lane Marriott. It has a good number of suites and isn’t averse to upgrading to them. On the corner of Oxford Street you’ll be on the edge of the Boxing Day sales madness, easy to walk to, and crucially from. Grosvenor Sq is also an easy stroll to Oxford Street. Keep away from the City (Threadneedles) as it will be deserted.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
Maida Vale is not central London, not at all. And not a good place to be without tube access. Think about the Park Lane Marriott. It has a good number of suites and isn’t averse to upgrading to them. On the corner of Oxford Street you’ll be on the edge of the Boxing Day sales madness, easy to walk to, and crucially from. Grosvenor Sq is also an easy stroll to Oxford Street. Keep away from the City (Threadneedles) as it will be deserted.
It’s only 23 mins door to door (walking and Tube). In my case, it’s not worth paying 500 pounds per night for Park Lane Marriott Vs 125 at Maida Vale. But if points are involved then go for it if you want to burn them but if it’s cash, imagine how many extra pairs of shoes you could buy just by choosing Maida Vale!
hockeyinsider and unclepants like this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 6:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by yorkboy24

It’s only 23 mins door to door (walking and Tube). In my case, it’s not worth paying 500 pounds per night for Park Lane Marriott Vs 125 at Maida Vale. But if points are involved then go for it if you want to burn them but if it’s cash, imagine how many extra pairs of shoes you could buy just by choosing Maida Vale!
And 10,000 bonus points is a nice extra touch.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Hi all -

I'm planning a stay at the JW Grosvenor House and will be bringing a baby in tow. Ive stayed here a few times and have always been treated well. Does anyone have a contact email they could share? I'd love to send in a personal request and hope for an upgrade.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 7:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
Hi all -

I'm planning a stay at the JW Grosvenor House and will be bringing a baby in tow. Ive stayed here a few times and have always been treated well. Does anyone have a contact email they could share? I'd love to send in a personal request and hope for an upgrade.
"JW, London England Guest Relations" <[email protected]>
Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:18 am
Suspended

I'm pretty excited. My suite award certificate finally cleared for the park premium suite (the second-highest category of suites) at the J.W. Marriott Grosvenor House. See this post for more: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30394550-post226.html
jtwiz likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'm pretty excited. My suite award certificate finally cleared for the park premium suite (the second-highest category of suites) at the J.W. Marriott Grosvenor House. See this post for more: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30394550-post226.html
Congrats! I've stayed in that suite before; it's lovely.

Cheers.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Plat Premier
Need Rec: Family Hotel for 4 in London

Hi All,

We're heading to London in April 2019 with our kids. We're Platinum Premier and looking to book on points. We have two adults and two kids (ages 12 and 9) in our party. We'd ideally like to stay in a property with a concierge lounge. We've been looking at the JW Grosvenor House and the Marriott County Hall properties, however the Grosvenor House doesn't have any options for a family of 4 during that time (with points) and County Hall is looking to charge £120/night plus the 60K/night in points. We have the option to book at the Grosvenor House for a king without any additional fees, but what would be the chances of getting upgraded to a suite there as Plat Premier? We aren't sure if it's worth risking it for the upgrade. Or are there any other properties we should consider? We'd ideally want to book a room for 4 with just using points (without any extra fees), but not sure if that's realistic?

We'd love any advice and/or suggestions for other properties we should consider.

Thanks!
Old Nov 23, 2018, 4:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by traub9556
Hi All,

We're heading to London in April 2019 with our kids. We're Platinum Premier and looking to book on points. We have two adults and two kids (ages 12 and 9) in our party. We'd ideally like to stay in a property with a concierge lounge. We've been looking at the JW Grosvenor House and the Marriott County Hall properties, however the Grosvenor House doesn't have any options for a family of 4 during that time (with points) and County Hall is looking to charge £120/night plus the 60K/night in points. We have the option to book at the Grosvenor House for a king without any additional fees, but what would be the chances of getting upgraded to a suite there as Plat Premier? We aren't sure if it's worth risking it for the upgrade. Or are there any other properties we should consider? We'd ideally want to book a room for 4 with just using points (without any extra fees), but not sure if that's realistic?

We'd love any advice and/or suggestions for other properties we should consider.

Thanks!
The Marriott London County Hall has a very, very disappointing lounge. The breakfast in the restaurant is also quite underwhelming compared to other properties.

Cash rates at properties like the London Marriott Maida Vale are low enough that you might consider paying cash. They have relatively big rooms, including for families, and a traditional lounge.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Nov 23, 2018 at 6:01 pm Reason: typo
Old Nov 23, 2018, 4:12 pm

Thanks. Which London Marriott were you referring to?
Old Nov 23, 2018, 6:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by traub9556
Thanks. Which London Marriott were you referring to?
Sorry for the typo. London Marriott Maida Vale. Plenty of people on here will criticize it because of the location, but it's fine if you can walk, take Ubers or taxis, and ride the subway. Plus, it has a lounge.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 6:30 pm

Sorry for the typo. London Marriott Maida Vale. Plenty of people on here will criticize it because of the location, but it's fine if you can walk, take Ubers or taxis, and ride the subway. Plus, it has a lounge.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.