Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by sdsearch
It depends how you use UA as to how useful UA Silver is.

If you pretty much only fly UA on business class (or above) awards, then UA Silver's greater award availability at ua.com may indeed be "awesome", even if it's the only UA Silver benefit you see. (But you'd have to know whether the expanded availability made the difference between you being able to book that award or not, to really know whether it was "awesome". But knowing that may be tricky...)

If, OTOH, you mostly fly UA in coach on paid flights, then it would depend on how you travel and on what routes you travel as to whether UA Silver gets you anything useful at all (for example, it only gives you free Economy Plus at 24 hours out, so if the routes you fly are so higher-elite-heavy that EP is often booked up at that point, then that benefit is useless).
In about 15-20 United economy flights over the past three years, silver has given me 2 international upgrades (both Jamaica routes) and one domestic. It also got me high enough up the list for an op upgrade on an Air Canada transatlantic.

I've also saved at least $300 on the checked bag fees.

Now granted if you are commuting only elite heavy routes you won't get anything, but I think most people would find at least some benefit if flying United.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
I fly for work on elite heavy routes mostly (ORD/DCA/LGA) and UA Silver still manages to get me a decent Econ+ seat on 80% of my flights, especially when you are willing to wait to see if seats open within the 24hr check in period. It is definitely a perk I value from my Marriott Platinum status and I really hope it continues.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:04 am

Count me in as someone who crossed a LT threshold still not reflected on my account. It has been 8 calendar days since I crossed the LTP threshold but I am still Gold on my account. I still have another week until my next stay. I shot them a message yesterday and waiting for a response.
GregWTravels likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
Called to get my lifetime years from MR Rewards today. They gave me my "achieve date" - which was early last year. I missed a couple years but had 5-6 prior to that.

Is that all they can do, or is this a HUCA situation?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dartagnan
Called to get my lifetime years from MR Rewards today. They gave me my "achieve date" - which was early last year. I missed a couple years but had 5-6 prior to that.

I don't know if most agents know what "lifetime years" means.

Ask them specifically how many years you " earned" (not "had") Gold and how many years you earned Plat. Then maybe HUCA that to make sure you're getting consistent answers to those basic questions.

Then do the math yourself with that basic data. Don't expect them to know how to do it for you, agents don't seem to be trained on knowing what the requirements will be next month.

Or just wait a few weeks, and by then the Marriott site might be showing you that info online, no agents needed. Or at least by then the agents might have it on their screen and just be able to read it off to you. (I've heard claims -- from Starwood Lurker -- that they already do have it on their screens, but your anecdote implies they either don't have it on their screens, or else they don't have any idea that it's on their screens.)
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by dartagnan

It is so close to August at this point, and the responses from Marriott are so slow, it might be best just to wait. This assumes that there will be a lifetime years counter on the new combined Marriott website.

I sent an email to customer support in the first week of June, and they just answered it last week. I was logged in at the time, and sent it through the website. So that request should have been flagged as being sent by a Platinum Elite, and it still took a month and a half for them to respond.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by nova08
That and the MR/UA partnership is not a program that will go on forever. Either party may decide to walk away.
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Yeah the posts along the lines of "I am a current LTP / future LTPP so I will have UA Silver forever, awesome!" make me chuckle...
Originally Posted by Michilander
Yes. First for thinking this could go on forever, second for thinking UA Silver is awesome.

Besides, I thought the UA status match was based on earned MR status each year and not on LT status?
Never said UA Silver is awesome, lol. Let me reword - I keep UA*S as long as Marriott and United are partnering?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
Thumbs up

I was trying to figure out how man years I have been a PLAT for Lifetime Plat status and knew for sure that I had at least 7 years (2011 to 2017) and 2 with SPG. Called Marriott customer service and first they said that their system shows that I achieved PLAT status in 2014, which I knew was not correct. Upon further probing the CSR looked deeper and advised that I had been a PLAT since 2010, so for a total of 8 year,which combined with 2 years SPG gives me 10 years. I have over a 1,000 nights so I should be LTPP in the new system. ^
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Never said UA Silver is awesome, lol. Let me reword - I keep UA*S as long as Marriott and United are partnering?
Compared to no status, *S is indeed awesome for me.

It probably doubles the total permutations of routes I'm willing to consider whenever I'm generically shopping for flights. Out of MCI, it especially expands my westward options through the Denver hub. For award travel, it gives me a bunch of new TATL options that don't involve Heathrow and a bunch of garbage fees.

I don't often check bags and I'd never bank on an upgrade as a Silver. For me it's just about willingness to consider the flight options to begin with, and Star is a pretty huge alliance.

Since Marriott has officially announced parts of the RewardsPlus partnership in the post-merger program, it doesn't sound like either party is walking away. Not sure why they would: huge alliance, huge hotel program...seems like an opportunity for both to benefit. Giving away UA Silver or MR Plat isn't any real hard-cost to either side.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Yes that is a fair statement (assuming you keep PP status w/Marriott going forward too)
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:15 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Sorry if this has been answered a ton of times but for some reason I never thought to even look at lifetime status and only just started reading this thread.

I have 396 LT nights with Marriott and 1,230,000 LT points. I believe I'm at 3 or 4 years Elite but need to confirm with Marriott
I have 140 LT with SPG. Assuming SPG doesn't track LT point. 3 years Elite

I'm already lifetime silver with Marriott (useless). As far as I can tell through reading multiple pages, come August 18th, I can combine LT nights which will give me 536 LT nights. It seems if I'm at 4 elite years with Marriott, I'd qualify for Gold Lifetime status under the program (4 years MR + 3 years SPG)

Can I qualify for LT Marriott Gold by end of this year (which turns into Lifetime Platinum in new program) with the combined nights if I bring up my total LT points to 1.6M? Reading over the latest annoucements today on marriott.com, it's still not explicitly clear. My spouse and I have some SPG points we need to transfer over that could pad me really close to 1.6M. I'd then have to buy some Marriott points. I'd need this to be confirmed before I buy points of course.

Thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by Ahbi Chang
Sorry if this has been answered a ton of times but for some reason I never thought to even look at lifetime status and only just started reading this thread.

I have 396 LT nights with Marriott and 1,230,000 LT points. I believe I'm at 3 or 4 years Elite but need to confirm with Marriott
I have 140 LT with SPG. Assuming SPG doesn't track LT point. 3 years Elite

I'm already lifetime silver with Marriott (useless). As far as I can tell through reading multiple pages, come August 18th, I can combine LT nights which will give me 536 LT nights. It seems if I'm at 4 elite years with Marriott, I'd qualify for Gold Lifetime status under the program (4 years MR + 3 years SPG)

Can I qualify for LT Marriott Gold by end of this year (which turns into Lifetime Platinum in new program) with the combined nights if I bring up my total LT points to 1.6M? Reading over the latest annoucements today on marriott.com, it's still not explicitly clear. My spouse and I have some SPG points we need to transfer over that could pad me really close to 1.6M. I'd then have to buy some Marriott points. I'd need this to be confirmed before I buy points of course.

Thanks!
Starwood

Use the above link to find and review the answer to B8. The answers provided by the Starwood Lurker, William, have been approved by the loyalty department. I believe that nights can be combined, but not points, to meet lifetime status under the existing MR terms until the end of the year. There are others that disagree. I wish there was a universally accepted answer to your question, but I don't know if you are going to get one until the programs merge and people in a similar position to you confirm their status.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Originally Posted by rny321
Starwood

Use the above link to find and review the answer to B8. The answers provided by the Starwood Lurker, William, have been approved by the loyalty department. I believe that nights can be combined, but not points, to meet lifetime status under the existing MR terms until the end of the year. There are others that disagree. I wish there was a universally accepted answer to your question, but I don't know if you are going to get one until the programs merge and people in a similar position to you confirm their status.
Thanks. I just calculated that I'll be approximately 107K Marriott points short of Marriott Lifetime Gold / Lifetime Platinum in the new program. This is without buying 50K in Marriott points in my account and 50K in my spouses account. I really wish I started reading this thread before the SPG points promo ended. It's funny, all the articles talking about the SPG points promo were focused on the travel package...ugh. I no longer travel (other than with points/award stays) so even though I'm relatively close to Lifetime Platinum in the new program, I'll likely never get there. Any other ways to generate LT marriott points without dropping a lot of money? I've already included combining SPG points into my spouses account, and transferring to her MR account, and then into mine for an award redemption which we do have planned later this year. I saw the United trick but actually need to keep my united miles for some award flights for that particular redemption.

So close yet so far...
Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Thanks. I just calculated that I'll be approximately 107K Marriott points short of Marriott Lifetime Gold / Lifetime Platinum in the new program. This is without buying 50K in Marriott points in my account and 50K in my spouses account. I really wish I started reading this thread before the SPG points promo ended. It's funny, all the articles talking about the SPG points promo were focused on the travel package...ugh. I no longer travel (other than with points/award stays) so even though I'm relatively close to Lifetime Platinum in the new program, I'll likely never get there. Any other ways to generate LT marriott points without dropping a lot of money? I've already included combining SPG points into my spouses account, and transferring to her MR account, and then into mine for an award redemption which we do have planned later this year. I saw the United trick but actually need to keep my united miles for some award flights for that particular redemption.

So close yet so far...
Opening new credit cards is one option.

MR members can share points with others not living at the same address. For example, two friends could split the cost an award stay if one shares points with the other.

The following link might have a couple of additional ideas.

The Race to 2.0MM Points is On!

Last edited by rny321; Jul 26, 2018 at 2:02 pm
Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond

So close yet so far...
1 new Amex + 1 new Visa should do the trick. Or maybe one credit card plus a few hotel stays plus a small purchase of points towards the end of the year. (If you're over Chase's 5/24 rule, for example.)

It sounds like there will be a process by which we manually click a button to combine our accounts post-August-18. If you are trying to qualify on points, I believe it's in your interest to *not* click that button until you are (new) Lifetime Plat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.