Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I will be surprised if Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite doesn't end up offer more than Lifetime Platinum Elite. I know it's a one time thing (originally created to recognize true Lifetime Platinums vs former Lifetime Golds) and then expanded to include SPG 75 night Platinum and combined program qualifiers.

I won't say it's impossible. I guess I am happy to be new program Lifetime Platinum Elite but now will only see if I have to wait till next year (or maybe when I officially combine?) To both see if I get the one time level and if it actually makes a difference...
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:20 pm

With suite night awards requiring 50 nights and 75 nights to actually trigger, the only real difference ends up being nothing more than some extra points in stays and some other minor benefit I don't even remember
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by crimsona
With suite night awards requiring 50 nights and 75 nights to actually trigger, the only real difference ends up being nothing more than some extra points in stays and some other minor benefit I don't even remember
United Silver Premier Status through Rewards Plus?

Or is there yet another one?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
United Silver Premier Status through Rewards Plus?

Or is there yet another one?
If my reading of the table is correct, it's the 48 hour availability, which basic platinum does not seem to have. Not that it's something I've ever considered using
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by ellinj
I don't quite understand what this means, I have

7 years of Silver, Gold or Platinum
2 years of Gold or Patinum
1 Year as platinum

why the 3 lines, which one is used for lifetime platinum? I am at 595 nights and the app indicates LT Silver.
May I ask where you see this?
Also, not sure if this was asked or not, but do I have to do anything to merge my two accounts? The SPG points multiplied by 3...but I still have an SPG and a Marriott. I thought I was supposed to have one brand new account with everything merged.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:47 am

Where do i see that i went from Lifetime Gold to Lifetime Platinum? All i see is platinum elite?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by BobNoxious
Where do i see that i went from Lifetime Gold to Lifetime Platinum? All i see is platinum elite?
Found it. It is the Inifity symbol on the website. The phone app actually says "lifetime".

https://insiders.marriottrewards.com/thread/55441
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:57 am

FWIW, there are still kinks in the system. As mentioned by others, I'm still listed as Plat when my Liftetime says LTPP. And on the site, one page says ## nights until PP and the other says 0 nights needed to renew Platinum. I check in tonight, so I'll report on what the backend says for me.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
May I ask where you see this?
Also, not sure if this was asked or not, but do I have to do anything to merge my two accounts? The SPG points multiplied by 3...but I still have an SPG and a Marriott. I thought I was supposed to have one brand new account with everything merged.

There is a link on the account overview page to this

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myA...ightDetails.mi
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by ellinj
There is a link on the account overview page to this

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myA...ightDetails.mi
My marriott account, which previously showed 7/6/6 (years at silver or higher, gold or higher, plat or higher respectively) now shows 0/0/0 and doesn't reflect my Marriott old LTP/new LTPP status. Definitely a bug -_-
My SPG account on the other hand (separate browser) shows 2 years at plat, which would be the past two years of status match via linking from MR. Interesting that linked years would be counted, figure this must be some form of bug.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Clearly they are still working on things. I can't find the infinity symbol or anywhere to see lifetime numbers when logged into my MR account or my SPG account through a web browser. It does show the total nights (725) on the website. In the mobile app (Marriott), it shows 725 nights and 18 years as silver elite or higher, yet doesn't show any lifetime status. It shows "Next Tier: Lifetime Silver Elite". Of course, in my legacy MR account, I didn't have any LT status, so I'm OK with that. It is annoying that I don't see Gold/Plat years, but I'm pretty sure that most of the 18 years are legacy Gold/Platinum. Also, I am LTG in legacy SPG, but that did not seem to transfer at all. When I log into my legacy SPG (with new number) account, it doesn't show any LT status either. It does show my 300 nights and 5 years of elite status (of course, these are SPG Gold/Platinum years).
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by tods27
In the mobile app (Marriott), it shows 725 nights and 18 years as silver elite or higher
That's the summary. Now try tapping on "Years as XX Elite or Higher" for a popup breakdown.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
That's the summary. Now try tapping on "Years as XX Elite or Higher" for a popup breakdown.
Brilliant! Thanks.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
I can't seem to be able to get Lifetime details on my laptop so downloaded the apps and there I can see:
SPG: Years as Plat = 4 and 239 lifetime nights;
Marriott: Years as Plat = 9 and 900 lifetime nights

My status is showing as Platinum Premiere but NO lifetime status yet. I have NOT yet combined the accounts but when I do, should I expect to see Lifetime Plat Premiere OR this will only happen at year end!! I am assuming that I meet the LTPP requirements given 9 Marriott + 4 SPG PLAT years (NO overlap) and 900 + 239 Lifetime nights.
Just seeking confirmation of my understanding, thanks in advance...
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by bdschobel
You do have to take action to merge accounts. Unfortunately, the link is not active at the moment.

Bruce
That was helpful, thanks. I was under the assumption that, when I linked the accounts several months ago, it would take care of everything. Will keep an eye out.

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.