Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by nall
They are.
That might be an overly-confident stance given that they are hard at work right now adjusting LT credits (in batches, apparently). And they've previously declared their criteria for awarding years as proprietary, declining to answer the question more fully when directly put to them (it's in one of the FAQ type of threads over in SPG, walking out the door just now so no time to go dig up the link - but it's there for the finding).
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
That might be an overly-confident stance given that they are hard at work right now adjusting LT credits (in batches, apparently). And they've previously declared their criteria for awarding years as proprietary, declining to answer the question more fully when directly put to them (it's in one of the FAQ type of threads over in SPG, walking out the door just now so no time to go dig up the link - but it's there for the finding).
Given the proprietary nature I wonder if they will REMOVE years from some people? I have right at the number needed.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by jmail1
Given the proprietary nature I wonder if they will REMOVE years from some people? I have right at the number needed.
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see movement in both directions - but obviously I have no insight into what it is they feel went so wrongly that they need to take LT status offline (at least for some - mine disappeared last night and still isn't back online as of a few moments ago). If they were to re-run the calculation based solely on 50+ night years vs. Gold/Plat years, I'd probably lose maybe two on account of soft landings, which would likely still leave me at LTP/LTPP Jan '19. But maybe not, time will tell...
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:25 pm

That might be an overly-confident stance given that they are hard at work right now adjusting LT credits (in batches, apparently).
Fair enough - at present, the system is counting them. Obviously, that COULD change.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:32 pm

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see movement in both directions - but obviously I have no insight into what it is they feel went so wrongly that they need to take LT status offline (at least for some - mine disappeared last night and still isn't back online as of a few moments ago). If they were to re-run the calculation based solely on 50+ night years vs. Gold/Plat years, I'd probably lose maybe two on account of soft landings, which would likely still leave me at LTP/LTPP Jan '19. But maybe not, time will tell...
Is the combined qual only taking into account Nights+Years vs. Nights+Points like the old program? I should have enough either way, but would be WELL above if you take Nights+Points of my combined SPG/Marriott.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by jmail1
Is the combined qual only taking into account Nights+Years vs. Nights+Points like the old program? I should have enough either way, but would be WELL above if you take Nights+Points of my combined SPG/Marriott.
If I understand your question correctly, yes, your new combined account only evaluates nights+years. There's no concept of your 3:1 converted SPG points joining w/ your legacy MR balance for nights+points.

Last edited by CCIE_Flyer; Aug 23, 2018 at 6:46 pm Reason: "covered" vs "converted" - d'oh!
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
With the latest updates my account is now reflecting Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite on both the website and in the app. (Previously these were inconsistently showing LTPP in some places and just Platinum in others.) There are still a few discrepancies. For instance, the app says that I can renew Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite at 75 nights, and the details on the nights/years elite on the website says "25 nights needed to renew Platinum Elite". (I am currently at 50 nights this year.) It's moving in the right direction at least!
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:59 pm

Well, after about 24 hours of popup warnings in the app and red text in my logged-in account having to do with inability to properly reflect my LT status, it's all back now - and not a single change (thus far). Ugh. Not that I should be complaining since it's LTP for now and, if nothing changes going forward, LTPP in Jan '19. Still have a two-year buffer if they shave years off in future sweeps (and I can't be certain, but I think 2018 is still not being reflected in the 50+ night tally).
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:19 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Does the current LT year count (for those that have it correct) when you combined your accounts include renewing Platinum THIS year? It says I'm at 9 years of platinum. When I combined my accounts, it brought me to 52 nights so therefore I renewed platinum for this year. I can't recall my individual years within Marriott and SPG pre-combining. I'm still short about 50 nights out of the 600 required though but imagine I can do that with relatively little travel in the next few years

Thanks!
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by ahbitheman
Does the current LT year count (for those that have it correct) when you combined your accounts include renewing Platinum THIS year?
When I combined my accounts, my years were only incremented by my number of SPG years. I believe it perhaps should've added a year for 2018 since my combined nights now exceed 50, whereas my legacy MR night count prior to combining was only 40 -- but the total only incremented by my SPG years exactly.

Now, did my original MR year count already reflect the linked MR+SPG accounts total of over 50 nights thus far in 2018? Or did my 2018 Plat status earned in 2017 count for two in the legacy MR count? No way to know for certain that I'm aware of, so I just have to take their word for it.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Since the 18th my account has shown me as LTPPE, as it should have, but shown my current status (like others in my situation) as just PE. Well, as of just a moment ago, it is now showing my current status as PPE. I have 10 nights this year.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:58 am

I've read conflicting reports of what happens between now and the end of the year for current LTP mapping to United Silver. It clearly states that going forward only LTPP will be eligible, but there is mention on the Insiders forum that LTP qualify through the end of the year. When I try to register through the RewardsPlus site it says only LTPP.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by ahbitheman
Does the current LT year count (for those that have it correct) when you combined your accounts include renewing Platinum THIS year? It says I'm at 9 years of platinum. When I combined my accounts, it brought me to 52 nights so therefore I renewed platinum for this year. I can't recall my individual years within Marriott and SPG pre-combining. I'm still short about 50 nights out of the 600 required though but imagine I can do that with relatively little travel in the next few years

Thanks!
I also have 9 years and 2011 was my first elite year (qualified during 2010). Since I have 80 nights this year the math works out that they are counting 2019 as one of my 9 years, or at least I am assuming they are.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by forecheck
I also have 9 years and 2011 was my first elite year (qualified during 2010). Since I have 80 nights this year the math works out that they are counting 2019 as one of my 9 years, or at least I am assuming they are.
Or if your accounts were linked, you may have picked up a freebie there somehow (as some are claiming to have done in the "Years of status is available" thread). It's difficult to know right now whether or not any of this was intentional, or if it will be clawed back in future audits...
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by araknis
I'm pretty sure they threw in soft landings and automatic extensions that were given due to the recession. I have way more elite years than I thought I would have .
Sorry - didn't see this earlier. I expect you may be correct, and that was probably intentional. I don't have "way more" years than anticipated, but probably just about exactly the number that could be attributed as you suggest.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.