Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
BTW you are quite revising history with my "magical" Gold years comment, which was said before the Lurker clarified a half-baked initial reply to end all doubt (and many others had the same doubt). So nice try using that one.
Most of us understood it through reading before the first clarification. The few who didn't understood it after the second clarification. Nobody else thought the Lurker was half-baked. You hurled personal insults at me then while not providing any facts, just like now. You were wrong.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Most of us understood it through reading before the first clarification. The few who didn't understood it after the second clarification. Nobody else thought the Lurker was half-baked.
The Lurker wasn't half baked, the answer supplied to him (that didn't really answer the question, as many called out) was

But keep obfuscating from the issue at hand here...
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Here's a fact that you keep ignoring - "Premier Platinum" is part of "Lifetime Premier Platinum". By your logic, Marriott is giving people that qualify for that title the LTPP designation, but will in reality only offer LTP benefits going forward. And not the PP benefits that are actually part of the level earned. That is some serious Flat Earth Society thinking...
You keep stating that assumption as though it is fact. For Silver, Gold and Plat the T&Cs clearly state that fact. It says nothing of the sort for LTPP. Are we supposed to believe your assumption or should we wait for Marriott to state this for PP like they did for the other levels? Or are the words magically written in invisible ink?

Someone wake me up when something is cited from Marriott.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
I beg of you folks, please don’t force me to add to my ignore list - take this embarrassing childishness off to a PM thread and feel free to blast away at one another — IN PRIVATE! The ignore list makes threads hard to follow because you wind up missing part of dialog, but you two are worse than toddlers fighting over a toy at this point. The facts of the matter will be revealed in due time and this utter waste of words is also a disrespectful waste of every one else’s time.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
CJKatl, will you put your money where your mouth is?

If it turns out that LTPP gets no benefits beyond what annually-earned Platinums get, I'll donate $50 to a charity of your choice.

If it turns out that LTPP gets Platinum Premier benefits (except SNAs or others explicitly noted as 75 night benefits), then you donate $50 to my charity.

Is it a bet?
kennycrudup and UA-NYC like this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by phltraveler
A lot of people have said similar and years at gold/plat are being kept "whole" between the programs (legacy MR/Legacy SPG).
I don't quite understand what this means, I have

7 years of Silver, Gold or Platinum
2 years of Gold or Patinum
1 Year as platinum

why the 3 lines, which one is used for lifetime platinum? I am at 595 nights and the app indicates LT Silver.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Except each of the three departments would have had to have made similar mistakes. What would be the chances that all three made a mistake and tell a consistent story?
1) Porting website cares more about status, potentially mistaken given the renames of gold -> plat and plat -> plat Premier from Legacy MR, and that anyone mistaken on the plat side will still have lounge + breakfast reducing the pain significantly (plus, still earn at 50% points earn). Puts LTPPs down the list of immediate merger priorities on bugfixes lower, imminently, than other IT issues.

2) The marketing materials on the new program referencing LTS/LTG/LTP under new criteria heavily is not a huge surprise when 98%+ of the program will qualify under these paramters. The merged program missing the explicit description that most people who could earn (bearing in mind that LTPP is not achievable after 2018) is not entirely surprising.

3) The T&C having issues when it has had the same issues in the leak (e.g. the ambassador benefit problem) is an example of how Marriott is not in total control.

Originally Posted by swag
CJKatl, will you put your money where your mouth is?

If it turns out that LTPP gets no benefits beyond what annually-earned Platinums get, I'll donate $50 to a charity of your choice.

If it turns out that LTPP gets Platinum Premier benefits (except SNAs or others explicitly noted as 75 night benefits), then you donate $50 to my charity.

Is it a bet?
Without asking @CJKatl to up the ante or respond, I will donate $50 personally to the charity of my choice if @CJKatl 's interpretation is correct that LTPP offers no benefits over current PP. This disclaims all published differences pre-merger, namely that the 50/75 awards were conditional on current status, and mainly pertains to the bonus points over base on plat50 and 48 hour guarantee.

If I'm wrong - may a worthy cause benefit.

I don't want this to be a "put up or shut up" debate. I believe @CJKatl has been correct in eyeing many things in this merger warily and warning people appropriately. Including over the "rewarding events" debate and reminding many of us to be open to different interpretations.

In this specific case though - I don't see any imaginable event under which Marriott would invent an LTPP status and then restrict the benefits to match the current P.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by ellinj

1 Year as platinum

why the 3 lines, which one is used for lifetime platinum? I am at 595 nights and the app indicates LT Silver.
Under the new program, you make
Yr silver: 10 nights (credit card exceeds)
Yr Gold: 25 nights (15 credit card nights + 10 stay nights)
Yr Plat: 50 nights (15 credit card nights + 35 stay nights)

If trying to qualify for lifetime, you need a certain number of total nights, plus years at status.

If you had years like this:
15 nights,15 nights, 15 nights, 15 nights
25 nights, 25 nights
50 nights

Then you would have
4 years at silver
2 nights at Gold
1 night at Platinum
Under new MR

If you counted them as above

7 years at S, G, or P (15 + 15 + 15 + 15 = 4S, 25+ 25 = 2G, 50 = 1 yr at P, 4+2+1=7yr at S or higher)
3 yrs at G or P ( 25 + 25 = 2yrs at G, 50 = 1 yr at P, 2 + 1 = 3 yrs G or higher)
1 yr at P (50 = 1 yr at P, 1 yr at P or higher).

The new criteria counts years at status. Under past criteria, I'm old MR LTP/LTPP (75 nights).
Under new criteria, I wouldn't meet new LTG (I fall short on the 6 yrs of gold or higher requirement).
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:52 pm

1 Year as platinum

Simply three lines so you can see how many years you had at the three different levels (seven at the lowest, two in the middle, and the one at Plat). Years as Plat is all that matters in the context of LT Plat (not sure how anything else would make sense) - you’ve got a way to go yet, unless you’ll be combining a number of SPG Plat years in...

Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA
Like everyone else, I'm extremely confused. My situation is that prior to the merger I was 43,000 points shy of reaching Lifetime Gold Status (I have 523 nights) and my understanding is that lifetime gold under the old platform would become lifetime platinum under the new merged program.. I have not agreed to merge any accounts to my knowledge. Is is still true that I will still have until 12/31/18 to earn the remaining 43,000 points?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer

Simply three lines so you can see how many years you had at the three different levels (seven at the lowest, two in the middle, and the one at Plat). Years as Plat is all that matters in the context of LT Plat (not sure how anything else would make sense) - you’ve got a way to go yet, unless you’ll be combining a number of SPG Plat years in...

sometnkng doesn’t add up then. I have been at least the old gold every year since about 2010
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:46 pm

sometnkng doesn’t add up then. I have been at least the old gold every year since about 2010
Yeah, I don't get the sense that this is dialed in yet from a technology perspective, and all of our counts may yet change multiple times in coming days and weeks. I honestly have no idea if my current count is correct or not - and secretly fear it may yet drop to something short of LTPP (due mostly to some soft landing years in the mix that may or may not stick in the final tally).

MR IT may well have seen this coming, and hence the bit about "we'll notify you in Jan '19 about something that seemingly should've been basic computer science back in August '18."
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) | National Exec Elite | Global Entry | HH Silver
Originally Posted by opharbour2
Like everyone else, I'm extremely confused. My situation is that prior to the merger I was 43,000 points shy of reaching Lifetime Gold Status (I have 523 nights) and my understanding is that lifetime gold under the old platform would become lifetime platinum under the new merged program.. I have not agreed to merge any accounts to my knowledge. Is is still true that I will still have until 12/31/18 to earn the remaining 43,000 points?
Correct, you have until 12/31/2018 to earn the 43,000 points and qualify for Lifetime Gold under the old rules. Provided you tag your Starwood property stays to your existing Marriott number going forward, you should get lifetime point credit for stays at Starwood properties.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:51 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
I wouldn't look at your account, yet. I have logged in a few times over the weekend and it is ever changing. I am planning to wait until the end of the week before I start to worry about anything. They have a bunch of changes to make and some will go wrong, and then people will call it in and they will fix it for many.
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
I beg of you folks, please don’t force me to add to my ignore list - take this embarrassing childishness off to a PM thread and feel free to blast away at one another — IN PRIVATE! The ignore list makes threads hard to follow because you wind up missing part of dialog, but you two are worse than toddlers fighting over a toy at this point. The facts of the matter will be revealed in due time and this utter waste of words is also a disrespectful waste of every one else’s time.
This

Originally Posted by bdschobel
All of us are in the same boat: Trying to figure out how this new, combined system works in so many respects. Some of us believe that we understand it. Those people may turn out to be correct, or they may turn out to be incorrect. In any event, insulting one another and our reading comprehension is never going to contribute positively to the conversation. Flyertalk's newly combined Marriott/SPG/Ritz-Carlton board has plenty of moderators to edit these conversations when they veer into personal insults. Let's not go there, please.

Thank you,

Bruce
This.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.