Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels near Newark Airport EWR, NJ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

SpringHill Suites EWR email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels near Newark Airport EWR, NJ

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Wouldn't Uber have saved you about 15-20 minutes?
I suppose so, but this was a point of information for future travelers.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Fairfield Inn EWR - Stay Report 6/11 - 6/12

Location: The hotel is located in a cluster of Marriott properties (the CY and SHS are over here) between I-78 and US 1-9 a bit north of the airport. The shuttle picking up from the airport collects you from P4 (the Airtrain station, not the terminals) so I chose to take a $12 Uber over. There's not much around the hotel except for other hotels. Do note that to access the hotel you have to drive down a horribly potholed road behind the CY then past the SHS before you get to it. It's pretty confusing.

Hotel: Pleasant enough 5 story building with a decent sized parking lot. The lobby is nice and has a breakfast area along with sundries store. There are two elevators and waits are not long nor is soundproofing bad. The shuttle runs every 30 minutes, 24 hours and they will take reservations for it.

Check In: I was thanked for being a Gold Elite but the hotel features were not explained to me nor was my room preference confirmed.

Room: At first glance things seemed decent until I looked closer. My bedroom wall was scuffed, the tub had numerous missing paint chips as well as what looked like mold issues. Also, some of the outlets didn't work. This was pretty disappointing.

This hotel can be had for a reasonable rate but due to the rundown nature of the room as well as the annoying experience getting here, I think I may elect for a different property next time.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
We stayed one night last week at the REsidence Inn in the other area - International Blvd. It is across the way from the CY where we had dinner at the Bistro (could have also walked to an IHOP and further to a Ruby Tuesday's, but the Bistro was fine for one night).

First room had the potential to be very noisy when I looked out the window and saw train tracks practically right outside. Asked the front desk if the trains run all night and her answer was "I don't know, I don't work at night" - warning enough for me, and asked to be moved. Got a very nice room that faced a leafy area and the port cochere, and while we did hear a distant rumble when a train went by, it would have been terrible from that first room.
Liked the space of the typical RI one-BR suite, things were in good shape, maybe not perfect but nothing to complain about. Breakfast was the usual.

I'd stay there again with the right choice of room. And I used my Chase Marriott 1-5 certificate so the price was certainly right.

Ha
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by CMK10
Fairfield Inn EWR - Stay Report 6/11 - 6/12

Check In: I was thanked for being a Gold Elite but the hotel features were not explained to me nor was my room preference confirmed.
Did you invoke the Marriott terms and conditions and get the $25 compensation for no king-sized bed?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
I need to get to the Hertz station (I think its P2/P3 on the Airtrain) from the Marriott full service at the hotel...how easy is this, and how long does it take?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
I need to get to the Hertz station (I think its P2/P3 on the Airtrain) from the Marriott full service at the hotel...how easy is this, and how long does it take?
The hotel shuttle will take you there on its circuit. It's about 10 minutes depending on traffic.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I stayed at the Residence Inn, International Blvd. a few months ago.

I liked the room and the set up. I had a view of the runway and was able to watch flights land while I tracked them on my FlightRadar app. Yes, I am that geeky.

There was some noise, but I had earplugs. You could see Manhattan a little bit, and there was a view of a vacant lot with stray dogs too.

I walked to the Ruby Tuesday. If it wasn't a Sunday night late, I probably would have caught an Uber into Elizabeth for some Cuban food instead.

I do have to comment on the hotel shuttle. It was an old Econoline Van. Every single warning light was lit on the dash. The driver was texting on a flip phone the entire time. It had a low clearance that I hit my head on, which started to bleed while we careened through entrance and exit ramps. It was the most New Jersey moment I had ever experienced.
porciuscato likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by bitterproffit
I stayed at the Residence Inn, International Blvd. a few months ago.

I liked the room and the set up. I had a view of the runway and was able to watch flights land while I tracked them on my FlightRadar app. Yes, I am that geeky.

There was some noise, but I had earplugs. You could see Manhattan a little bit, and there was a view of a vacant lot with stray dogs too.

I walked to the Ruby Tuesday. If it wasn't a Sunday night late, I probably would have caught an Uber into Elizabeth for some Cuban food instead.

I do have to comment on the hotel shuttle. It was an old Econoline Van. Every single warning light was lit on the dash. The driver was texting on a flip phone the entire time. It had a low clearance that I hit my head on, which started to bleed while we careened through entrance and exit ramps. It was the most New Jersey moment I had ever experienced.
Too funny. I don't recall the van or driver being awful, as a matter of fact when we got off the Airtrain she was just pulling away and she must have heard me screaming and did stop - very nice.

The first room they put us in had train tracks you could almost touch if you stuck your arm out the window. I asked about trains in the night and she said "I don't know, I don't work nights". Asked to be moved and they gave us a room overlooking the trees in the entrance area, very quiet. Did not see any planes OR Manhattan, but I think we were only on the 2nd floor.

I'd stay there again.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Depends on the time of day. If you're ok with stepping over one guardrail and don't have many/heavy bags, you can walk to Terminal B through the short term parking lot and then get onto the airtrain. Shouldn't be more than a 3-5 minute wait for the train. If the shuttle runs every 15 minutes they will probably drop you off at the terminal and you'll still have to get onto the airtrain and take it to the care rental area. Google maps has a nice satellite view of the airport.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
the hotel shuttle dropped me off this morning at rental car -air train stop. The ride was about 10 minutes from the hotel. Otherwise , the Air Train ride from Terminal A is about 10 minutes.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Courtyard EWR Airport

Seems as though the rooms have gotten a refresh since the last time I have stayed here ( 1 1/2 years ago ). Upgraded to a king suite on my overnight stay.

Old Sep 24, 2019, 7:14 pm

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels near Newark (EWR) Airport

I need to stay at a EWR hotel between flights and the best rates seem to be at the
  1. Fairfield Inn & Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
  2. SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
  3. Courtyard Newark Liberty International Airport
  4. Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel
Which of these hotels would you recommend?
Old Sep 24, 2019, 8:22 pm

I've stayed at the Fairfield. It's ok. Fine for an overnight if you're laid over but I'd not make it a destination. Breakfast is a bit of hot food and dry goods. Shuttle runs every half hour. Uber was around $8 if I remember.

I would recommend staying at the Mariott on EWR if you don't mind the extra cost. It's close, nice, and has a good bar and food.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Lurkers, can I get an email address for the SpringHill Suites at Newark Airport?

The email address I found on the property info website ([email protected]) was returned as undeliverable.

TIA
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:25 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Lurkers, can I get an email address for the SpringHill Suites at Newark Airport?

The email address I found on the property info website ([email protected]) was returned as undeliverable.

TIA
Hello margarita girl,

We apologize for that. You may send your inquiry or request to [email protected]

Best regards,

Lin N
Social Media Team
Marriott International
[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.