Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of June 2023, evening service is in the 2nd floor Lobby Lounge, and breakfast is served in The Cafe - main hotel restaurant - for all Plat+ Elite guests.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2008, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Thanks for the feedback regarding my idea of doing 1 night on points in Towers and 1 night paid in a basic room. I guess that will not work, maybe I will just book it and then attempt to upgrade the basic room to Towers as well.
Old May 12, 2008, 12:02 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Stayed there last week. I am Plat.

Upgrade to Towers does not happen.

Whether on paid or points stay you can use points to upgrade to the Towers floors.

Nice hotel, good location (better than LM Cyberport). Nice rooftop pool.

Plat lounge is good, no windows...staffed and makes you all drinks.
Old May 12, 2008, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Dorian
Stayed there last week. I am Plat.

Upgrade to Towers does not happen.

Whether on paid or points stay you can use points to upgrade to the Towers floors.

Nice hotel, good location (better than LM Cyberport). Nice rooftop pool.

Plat lounge is good, no windows...staffed and makes you all drinks.
Did you upgrade to Towers or stick with the regular Plat benefits?
Old May 12, 2008, 1:07 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Got in too late...Towers was full. Got a harbour view room.

Was offered one of the suites for an extra USD600 or so...which of course, seemed insane to me.

Dorian
Old May 12, 2008, 7:57 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by Dorian
Got in too late...Towers was full. Got a harbour view room.

Was offered one of the suites for an extra USD600 or so...which of course, seemed insane to me.

Dorian
when you say you were offered a suite for 600usd i assume it was a towers suite and not a suite in the main house?
Old May 13, 2008, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by abk
when you say you were offered a suite for 600usd i assume it was a towers suite and not a suite in the main house?
Yes, it was a Towers Suite. It was the only room left (they said) in the Towers at my late checkin.

Dorian
Old May 16, 2008, 9:51 am

I like the Sheraton HK a lot! I was upgraded to a tower harbor view the last time I was there. It's not my first time there and won't be my last time. But I have problem with the service at the breakfast place, I have to asked for coffee or tea refill every time and i feel they think my fiancee is a cheap hooker. I like to dress down to t-shirts and jeans and I prefer the english and my fiancee prefer cantonese newspaper because I can't read chinese that well.

This is my only complain regarding to this hotel.
Old May 18, 2008, 2:42 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by abk
not sure if i am understanding you correctly, are you are trying to use points for the first night and use additional points that night to confirm a specialty room- in this case the towers- and pay cash for the second night in the regular hotel and hope for an upgrade to the towers because you are already in the towers? if so, i would tell you not to expect anything outside the rules which is what you would be hoping for as that is not in the mentality at the hotel. if this is your strategy though you should do this and then you can upgrade the paid night to a towers room for 2500 points in advance or 1500 points if available at check in. this may be the way to go. by the way 1500hkd is not a bad rate these days at the hotel.
So, for best chances at a Towers room for 2 nights when using cash one night and points the next, is it better to book the first night with cash and the second with points, or vice-versa?
Old May 18, 2008, 6:29 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by Spiff
So, for best chances at a Towers room for 2 nights when using cash one night and points the next, is it better to book the first night with cash and the second with points, or vice-versa?
if you can get the towers on points the first night and cash with points the second confirmed when you make the reservation it should not matter. if you can confirm the points night first and have to wait to confirm the upgrade on the paid night or want to save ( because an upgrade at the hotel is 1500 and is 2500 in advance ) then i would do the points first.
Old May 18, 2008, 6:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by abk
if you can get the towers on points the first night and cash with points the second confirmed when you make the reservation it should not matter. if you can confirm the points night first and have to wait to confirm the upgrade on the paid night or want to save ( because an upgrade at the hotel is 1500 and is 2500 in advance ) then i would do the points first.
If you do pts the 1st night and $$ the 2nd, will you still get a stay credit for paying the 2nd night. I imagine that paying the 1st night 1 will get the stay credit. Any time I added to my res the hotel simply bunched it all together into 1 res although I had 2 different confirmation #s.

So if the Hotel does that and my 1st night is a free 1 then it will all show up as a free 1 and no credit for the 2nd night.
Old May 18, 2008, 7:16 pm

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Points first, then cash

Just my two cents, but points first, then cash.

Craz is correct on the risk of a merged record, but IME that is a quick phone call to remedy.

Rooms are smaller than any warning will cause you to imagine, but the view makes up for it.

Enjoy your stay, safe travels!
Old May 18, 2008, 7:35 pm
abk

Originally Posted by craz
If you do pts the 1st night and $$ the 2nd, will you still get a stay credit for paying the 2nd night. I imagine that paying the 1st night 1 will get the stay credit. Any time I added to my res the hotel simply bunched it all together into 1 res although I had 2 different confirmation #s.

So if the Hotel does that and my 1st night is a free 1 then it will all show up as a free 1 and no credit for the 2nd night.
if you are saying that by paying for the first night and getting the second night free then you have a chance of getting two nights of stay credit instead of the one you are entitled to, i agree with you that this can and does happen but generally a well managed hotel will not let this happen. as a frequent guest of this hotel i will tell you that i would be shocked and surprised if you got anything you were not entitled to. this is not meant as a complaint but this is a well run hotel. i have made numerous reservations for myself and my assistant here for two rooms both under my name and never once received credit for her stay. they won't even give me the points for paying for her since they insist she check in under her name ( although i think if i fought for this i would get it). in the usa i generally can get credit for both rooms unless i get a sharp clerk at check in.
Old May 18, 2008, 8:10 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Thanks!

Will do points first night, cash second night, and hope the 1500 point upgrade to the Towers at checkin is 1)available and 2)sufficient for both nights.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 2:05 am

Programs: QF,VS,SQ,SPG,IC
Taking advice from FT, I booked a garden view tower room for 2 nights. I used 1K points for 50% rack rate. As a Plat, was upgraded to a tower harbour view.

Boy, it is difficult to give a fair review of this hotel. We had previously spent 4 nights in a suite at the St Regis Singapore so the room at the Sheraton felt very small indeed. Still, I know that space is precious in Hong Kong and although the room was small, it was comfortable. The design is very clever, making use of every inch of space, however we did need to do some re-arranging in order get the room service table into the room.

As this was our first visit to Hong Kong, we spent as much time as possible sightseeing, so didn't make much use of lounge. However, from our short time there, it was very nice and the staff was great. All of the staff were good and I would find it difficult to fault this hotel.

I am so pleased we had the harbour view room for our first visit, the view really is spectacular and was the highlight for us. Next trip to Hong Kong we will stay at the Sheraton, but if offered a choice between a garden view suite or harbour view room, next time we'll try the suite, just for the extra room.

We certainly stayed at a mix of hotels this trip, from LM Singapore, St Regis Singapore to Sheraton Hong Kong. I can't compare them and it would be unfair to do so. I would stay at all of them again.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 6:42 am

We are booking 2 rooms for 2 nights at the Sheraton HK next week. Do they offer Platinum benefits for both rooms?

Is the main hotel rooms really that horrible? Old and torn?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.