Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of June 2023, evening service is in the 2nd floor Lobby Lounge, and breakfast is served in The Cafe - main hotel restaurant - for all Plat+ Elite guests.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2008, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by alanslegal
As naive as this may sound, as Plat what should I be expecting as an upgrade, if any?
My only platinum experiences in this hotel are in the Towers. Both times I stayed as a platinum, I placed a note in the comments section of my reservation that I would like an upgrade to a courtyard view suite after booking a garden-view Towers room. That's exactly what I received each stay.

Anecdotal evidence would suggest that platinums booking the lowest room category will be upgraded to either a garden-view suite or a harbor-view room whenever possible. I don't know if you have a preference between the two options. If I were you, I would follow William's advices by having the hotel update your status level, edit the comments section in your reservation with your desired upgrade preference and then hope for the best.

Just don't expect to be upgraded to the Towers if you're booked in the regular hotel.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 7:34 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by el_tigre
My only platinum experiences in this hotel are in the Towers. Both times I stayed as a platinum, I placed a note in the comments section of my reservation that I would like an upgrade to a courtyard view suite after booking a garden-view Towers room. That's exactly what I received each stay.

Anecdotal evidence would suggest that platinums booking the lowest room category will be upgraded to either a garden-view suite or a harbor-view room whenever possible. I don't know if you have a preference between the two options. If I were you, I would follow William's advices by having the hotel update your status level, edit the comments section in your reservation with your desired upgrade preference and then hope for the best.

Just don't expect to be upgraded to the Towers if you're booked in the regular hotel.
i am a regular in the main house and you are correct. in my experience they default to the harbor view upgrade unless you request the suite.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 8:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Great ^ thank q for everyone's views re: room upgrades

And how about the benefits for lounge access? free buffet? If there are any benefits I understand that (from reading this thread) that only the plat member (me) would be entitled to it? and it would be near impossible to get any other travellers including the person in my room these benefits?

I'm baseing this, as had a recent stay (Nov07) at Planet Hollywood LAS when I was zero status SPG and I checked-in with SPG Plat friend, he received strip view suite and I got nothing (as expected).
Old Feb 5, 2008, 10:22 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Great ^ thank q for everyone's views re: room upgrades

And how about the benefits for lounge access? free buffet? If there are any benefits I understand that (from reading this thread) that only the plat member (me) would be entitled to it? and it would be near impossible to get any other travellers including the person in my room these benefits?

I'm baseing this, as had a recent stay (Nov07) at Planet Hollywood LAS when I was zero status SPG and I checked-in with SPG Plat friend, he received strip view suite and I got nothing (as expected).
Plats are given lounge access which on the 9th floor. As for breakfast, Platinums are offered continental breakfast in the Restaurant on the 2nd floor. When registering my room with 2 guests, they were offered breakfast also.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Gold
Hi - leaning toward booking a 5 night award stay at the Hong Kong Sheraton using the 50% off points promo. (woohoo - finally regained platinum last year). After going through pages and pages of posts, it looks like its possible to book a towers award for more points than the regular awards stay. I never was able to figure out from the posts whether the other tower benefits such as free breakfast (including room service), internet, shoe shine, laundry allowance, etc. apply to award stays.

Any ideas?
Old Feb 6, 2008, 7:12 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by Paladin
Hi - leaning toward booking a 5 night award stay at the Hong Kong Sheraton using the 50% off points promo. (woohoo - finally regained platinum last year). After going through pages and pages of posts, it looks like its possible to book a towers award for more points than the regular awards stay. I never was able to figure out from the posts whether the other tower benefits such as free breakfast (including room service), internet, shoe shine, laundry allowance, etc. apply to award stays.

Any ideas?
yes they do but i question whether room service will cover more than a continental breakfast if room service is even offered.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by abk
yes they do but i question whether room service will cover more than a continental breakfast if room service is even offered.
When staying in the Towers, room service will bring you the full breakfast that is also available in the top floor restaurant.

And yes, all the Towers benefits will be available to Paladin, whether he pays by cash or points to get there.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 8:23 am
abk

Originally Posted by el_tigre
When staying in the Towers, room service will bring you the full breakfast that is also available in the top floor restaurant.

And yes, all the Towers benefits will be available to Paladin, whether he pays by cash or points to get there.
i stayed in the towers in december for three days and at breakfast if you wanted to order anything beyond the continental buffet the menu had prices on it. are you saying that they would not have charged me?
Old Feb 7, 2008, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by abk
i stayed in the towers in december for three days and at breakfast if you wanted to order anything beyond the continental buffet the menu had prices on it. are you saying that they would not have charged me?
My last stay in the Towers was Feb. 07, but we ordered many things off the main menu above and beyond the continental buffet selection. It was my understanding that these were included with the Towers benefits and no, I was never charged. But I recall there were also prices on our menus.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 9:51 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Gold
Thanks to everyone for such speedy responses! I will give Starwood a call and check on how many points for 5 nights in a lovely Towers room. The idea of just ordering recklessly off a room service menu makes me giddy. As a junior consultant, I once ordered room service breakfast and was totally stunned at the cost of all the extra charges tacked on. I still don't understand how they can justify charging money to deliver the food on top of the mandatory tip. The hotel guy just takes the elevator to my floor and walks a few steps to my room - it isnt like some poor pizza delivery guy who has to brave the traffic and elements.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 2:46 pm

Programs: LH SEN, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I have a booking at the hotel next month and I wrote asking them to note that I was requesting a late check-out. The hotel replied that this was subject to availability. As a Platinum I was always under the impression that a late check-out was guaranteed unless the hotel was either a resort or a conference hotel. My understanding is that the Sheraton Hong Kong is neither. So, was the hotel wrong in its response, or is my late check-out really subject to availability?
Old Feb 19, 2008, 2:49 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Snoopy
...As a Platinum I was always under the impression that a late check-out was guaranteed unless the hotel was either a resort or a conference hotel. My understanding is that the Sheraton Hong Kong is neither. So, was the hotel wrong in its response, or is my late check-out really subject to availability?
If they are hosting a conference, then they would be considered to be a conference hotel and the benefit becomes subject to availability at that point. What range of dates are we talking about here?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Feb 19, 2008, 2:55 pm

Programs: LH SEN, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
What range of dates are we talking about here?
Hi William, talk about instant service!!

My stay is from 12-13 March.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 3:03 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Snoopy
Hi William, talk about instant service!!

My stay is from 12-13 March.
No worries. I can't find any group blocks for that time frame, but that doesn't necessarily mean much. If you want, send me the email string and I can make some discreet inquiries.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Feb 19, 2008, 8:05 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
I'm presently SPG Gold and made reservations for 3 rooms for last week of March08 for the basic hotel room aka lowest available price.
Unfortunately I have just cancelled my 3 room reservation at the Sheraton HK & Towers for late March08.

As much as I wanted to test out my new SPG Plat status, I was able to book some delicious corp rates at the Four Seasons HK instead

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.