Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, Waikiki/Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, Waikiki/Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by bitachu
How about as Plat ..would I get food coupons? I'm only 5 nights away from plat
Plats get a breakfast coupon for each guest in the room, up to two. These are for the full buffet. Two coupons can be combined for one dinner buffet. The coupons can also be used for lunch items at the poolside bar. One coupon per entree item.

The breakfast buffet is not sumptuous, but it is acceptable, imo.

You say that you are getting a room for your brother. Keep in mind that nobody in the room is entitled to benefits unless YOU are staying in the room.

I'm not convinced that Mahasamatman is speaking from experience at this particular property. I don't have experience as a Gold member at this property. I HAVE gotten a suite at Starwood Waikiki properties for very lengthy stays. Perhaps an actual Gold member can advise you.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 6:54 am

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
Originally Posted by clublounger
Plats get a breakfast coupon for each guest in the room, up to two. These are for the full buffet. Two coupons can be combined for one dinner buffet. The coupons can also be used for lunch items at the poolside bar. One coupon per entree item.

The breakfast buffet is not sumptuous, but it is acceptable, imo.

You say that you are getting a room for your brother. Keep in mind that nobody in the room is entitled to benefits unless YOU are staying in the room.

I'm not convinced that Mahasamatman is speaking from experience at this particular property. I don't have experience as a Gold member at this property. I HAVE gotten a suite at Starwood Waikiki properties for very lengthy stays. Perhaps an actual Gold member can advise you.
Well technically I'll be getting the room and bro and kid will be staying there..

Thanks for the info..it's unlikely that I'll get Plat before their stay..but I like to know if it's worth it to even bother
Old Jul 9, 2015, 9:08 am

Programs: United MP 1K, SPG Gold
trying to stay here in the beginning of september. prices are ridiculous for this hotel at $200/nt.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
just checked in...had reserved an ocean view...that I guess would have come with my kaamaina rate(or at least 1 room upgrade)...they gave me a deluxe ocean view...which might be the same thing as ocean view..the view is pretty nice and we are on the 18th floor...room is pretty dated still....figured they said they upgraded us so I didn't push to ask for an upgrade as a newly spg gold..

room took forever to cool down..i know its hot right now but everywhere is hot..the hallways and the elevators...
Old Apr 10, 2016, 9:00 pm

No mentioning of PK, getting better?

I just checked in at the hotel. Got the ocean view and the Diamond hill view. Not too awful for $141USD a night + resort fee. I see that the resort fee now includes the parking, which is a huge saving for this hotel. I used to see a lot of bad reviews of this hotel, but the staff was very helpful. With Hilton Hawaiian Villeage($295)/Courtyard($200)/Marriott($280) for 1-night stay, it is not a terrible deal.

Apparently, I am not sure if I can score the same room for a week of stay, but if you are really thinking about staying at PK, a huge plus is the parking fee is already taken care of. A week of parking in Waikiki is almost $200USD.

I will see if I can get into the dinner buffet with the two breakfast buffet coupons.
Old May 28, 2016, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
I just checked in at the hotel. Got the ocean view and the Diamond hill view. Not too awful for $141USD a night + resort fee. I see that the resort fee now includes the parking, which is a huge saving for this hotel.
I will see if I can get into the dinner buffet with the two breakfast buffet coupons.
How was the room? Did it seem to be updated? Did you get into the dinner buffet?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Does anyone here on FT have any recent experiences at this hotel? Is the resort fee charged for Platinum members?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 6:59 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I just stayed at the hotel for four nights. Overall, I thought it was a good value for $127.06 + the $28 resort fee per night.

All of the hotel staff was pretty friendly. They offered me both free breakfast + 500 points as a Platinum welcome bonus, instead of a choice between the two, which was nice. Because the resort fee includes free WiFi, and that is a Platinum amenity, they will also give me 250 SPG points, per night as an alternate benefit. They also offered me a voucher for a free appetizer at the bar, which was nice.

They did upgrade me from a city view room to an ocean view room, that had a furnished terrace, and the views were pretty good. The walls were very thin, and I could hear people in the other rooms on both sides. The hotel does not provide in room glassware in the bathroom, but rather provides plastic cups, which I didn't really like. There were also not any bathrobes in the room, I'm not sure whether or not I could have asked for one...but I would have used it if it was there.

The breakfast buffet included omelets which was great because that's not always included in Platinum breakfast.

The hotel is about a 45-second walk to the beach and is well located; unfortunately, beach chairs are not provided, which is particularly disappointing given the high resort fee.

Overall, I kind of felt like I was staying at a Four Points, and I'm not really sure how Starwood is defining the differences between the full-service Sheraton and mid-service Four Points brands.

I might return if I got a rate of $127.06 per night again, but I probably wouldn't pay much more than that. I think I would be willing to pay 20-30% more to stay at a more upscale hotel next time, and I'll do a more diligent job looking for potential BRGs at other SPG properties.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:27 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by donotblink
The hotel is about a 45-second walk to the beach and is well located; unfortunately, beach chairs are not provided, which is particularly disappointing given the high resort fee.
It has been a while since I have been there but did they stop lending out complimentary beach chairs?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
It has been a while since I have been there but did they stop lending out complimentary beach chairs?
I didn't think to ask, but if they do offer this, they didn't advertise it as part of the resort fee.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
Originally Posted by alanslegal
We were there 3 weeks ago and beach chairs were available.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 1:41 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Are things improving at this property ?

Seems a renovation is under way: http://www.travelweekly.com/Hawaii-T...280-guestrooms
Old Mar 17, 2017, 11:05 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by GVA
Are things improving at this property ?

Seems a renovation is under way: http://www.travelweekly.com/Hawaii-T...280-guestrooms
Yes, this was delayed from a bigger renovation originally planned in 2013! My expectation is that Marriott will encourage this refurbishment and further renovation/refurbishment for the rest of the property.

There also was a rumor back in 2013 that one of the towers was to be converted to a St. Regis hotel. One wonders with Marriott's takeover and another Ritz-Carlton property not too distant whether Marriott might want to see that tower conversion become a W hotel instead. That also would be less expensive for the owner. Time will tell...but I'd love to see a W or St. Regis tower in Honolulu if that comes to pass.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Yes, this was delayed from a bigger renovation originally planned in 2013! My expectation is that Marriott will encourage this refurbishment and further renovation/refurbishment for the rest of the property.

There also was a rumor back in 2013 that one of the towers was to be converted to a St. Regis hotel. One wonders with Marriott's takeover and another Ritz-Carlton property not too distant whether Marriott might want to see that tower conversion become a W hotel instead. That also would be less expensive for the owner. Time will tell...but I'd love to see a W or St. Regis tower in Honolulu if that comes to pass.
A W might work, but I'd find it hard to believe that they could really convert it to anything too upscale like a St. Regis because it doesn't sit directly on the beach.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:21 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by donotblink
A W might work, but I'd find it hard to believe that they could really convert it to anything too upscale like a St. Regis because it doesn't sit directly on the beach.
I'd normally agree...except that the Ritz-Carlton is even farther from the beach, and the Trump and the Modern hotels are not on the beach, either. Heck, the FS had to take over the less than stellar Marriott Ko'Olina Resort outside of Honolulu to get a property situated in the Honolulu environs. It's clear that there are no true luxury hotels on the beach in Honolulu other than the Halekulani or the Royal Hawaiian, and the Kahala and FS Ko'Olina even farther away. So a W or St Regis tower might not be as problematic.

Last edited by bhrubin; Mar 17, 2017 at 2:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.