Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton and San Cristobal Tower, Santiago, Chile [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton and San Cristobal Tower, Santiago, Chile [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2009, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
And now for photos from the Suite (which was located on the opposite side of the hotel, without such a commanding view of the Andes)...

Half-Bath by Entryway

Dining Area

Living Room

Bedroom/Sitting Area

View from Suite at Night

Exterior of Hotel at Sunset (Hotel is Building at Left-Center)
Old Dec 9, 2009, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by traveldog

I personally prefer the Sheraton / San Cristobal Towers for a balance of location and facilities. The walk to the closest subway station (about 10 - 15 minutes) across the river in Provedencia doesn't bother me and I've found the Sheraton's room rates to often be very close to the rates being charged at the Four Points.
^ You can almost always get a metered taxi at the bottom of the Sheraton driveway and be in Bellavista for $1.200 or so and be pretty much wherever you would want to be for $5.000 or less.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, UAL Premier, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Any recent stays here?

Also how much does it cost for a cab from the airport?

Lastly, does anyone know what the closest car rental place is - I want to go to Vina del Mar for a couple of days. Am I understanding correctly that the Sheraton is right next door and they have a Budget rent-a-car?
Old Dec 28, 2009, 7:15 pm

I stayed at the San Cristobal 2 times. First stay was upgraded to executive suite and on second stay was upgraded to presidential suite. both stays were for 7 nights. they treat platinum members very well. you have access to the lounge for breakfast. you also can have breakfast at the hotel restaurant.

regarding transportation from the airport, i have asked the hotel to pick me up from the air port. they charged me about $US 35.00 i also saw a sign in the airport for shuttle service, i think it is $US 10.00

yes, there is a budget car rental at the sheraton hotel ( right next door). i rented a car from them for one day. they are very expensive. a small car was for $110/ day.

make your car reservation on line it is much cheaper.

Enjoy Chile, nice country and friendly people.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Not sure if this helps but the FP there is nice and IMHO is in a good location - I can't comment on the W but all I can say is I was able to walk to most places that I wanted to go - other than that I took the subway... or hired a driver through front-desk (note: gratuity is inclusive) to take me up to Valle Nevado. (just pray before you go on the ride up b/c they do crazy blind corner takeovers on switchbacks without protection... seeing all those crosses along the side as you go up make you want to have a religion).. woops I rambled a bit there...
Old Dec 30, 2009, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by KSA_USA

...you have access to the lounge for breakfast. you also can have breakfast at the hotel restaurant.
I have stayed at the San Cristóbal over a dozen times over the years and have NEVER been offered breakfast (or cocktails) in their lounge on the top floor as a platinum amenity. Breakfast is, however, included in some rates. Perhaps you mean that you can have breakfast in the lounge or the restaurant by paying the appropriate fee? Suite upgrades are fairly common upon arrival, and are usually available the next day in any case. The Sheraton next door does have a lounge, but it was not open for breakfast on the occasion I stayed there.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by ajnaro
I have stayed at the San Cristóbal over a dozen times over the years and have NEVER been offered breakfast (or cocktails) in their lounge on the top floor as a platinum amenity. Breakfast is, however, included in some rates. Perhaps you mean that you can have breakfast in the lounge or the restaurant by paying the appropriate fee? Suite upgrades are fairly common upon arrival, and are usually available the next day in any case. The Sheraton next door does have a lounge, but it was not open for breakfast on the occasion I stayed there.

yes that is the lounge i mean, the one on top floor. i dont remember whether the breakfast was included in the rate or not. but i strongly believe that it was not included because i always book the lowest available rate.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 6:19 pm

Programs: AC-E, SPG-Plat, GP-P, HH-G
request for information regarding the towers and whether PLATS get breakfast or not

I am planning a family trip to Santiago. And there appears to be mixed messages with respect to whether PLats get breakfast, or if there is a lounge available for PLats, or even if the Tower guests (Plat) can use the Sheraton Hotel lounge. It may make a difference between choosing the Towers or staying at the W.

Does anyone have a more definitive idea...

Thanks for your assistance.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 5:35 pm

As a Plat I stayed in the Tower on C+P, and buffet breakfast on the 21st floor was included. There isn't really a Lounge per se, but on the same top floor where they serve breakfast there is wine and finger sandwiches from 6 - 9 pm
Old Jan 20, 2010, 5:37 pm

Programs: AC-E, SPG-Plat, GP-P, HH-G
Originally Posted by TimMeineke
As a Plat I stayed in the Tower on C+P, and buffet breakfast on the 21st floor was included. There isn't really a Lounge per se, but on the same top floor where they serve breakfast there is wine and finger sandwiches from 6 - 9 pm
Thanks for the information. Looks like I will probably stay at the Towers.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 6:42 pm

Just one other thought - we did not get a suite and needed to bring in a rollaway bed for our son. At the Sheraton you can get a suite for 14,000 points, vs. 10,000 for a room (and 20,000 for a suite) at the tower. Don't know much about the Sheraton rooms, but the extra space might be worth it
Old Dec 30, 2010, 9:31 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
FWIW, I just checked in for my last stay as a gold--will qualify for Platinum at checkout Was originally offered a regular tower room, but was given a complimentary upgrade to a suite after inquiring if any suites were available for using points. The room is exactly as pictured above.

Contrary to some previous posts, however, I was offered free breakfast in recognition of my Gold status. Unfortunately, the lounge on the 21st floor is closed for renovations over the holidays, so breakfast and evening cocktails are being served downstairs in the lobby.

Only downside is the lack of Andes views in the suites---the city itself is not particularly pretty, especially with the current summer haze. But the room is well worth it!
Old Dec 30, 2010, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Erasmus
Only downside is the lack of Andes views in the suites---the city itself is not particularly pretty, especially with the current summer haze. But the room is well worth it!
So, are you staying above or below me? If that is what your suite looks like, you're in an xx71
Old Dec 30, 2010, 1:12 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
So, are you staying above or below me? If that is what your suite looks like, you're in an xx71
Yup! Assuming you're also in an Executive Suite, given my understanding of the number of suites in the hotel, and the fact that the 21st floor is closed, I'd say there's a 86% chance you're below me
Old Dec 30, 2010, 1:27 pm

I'm also staying at the San Cristobal currently. Leaving tomorrow night to go back to SFO. Any of you gents up for getting together? We're in 777. Writing this from the business center with free Internet.

I was offered free breakfast despite any status! Simply for being Preferred Plus because of the SPG Amex. Have a decent city view room but the haze kills the view. I'm more than happy with the free breakfast - no upgrade required here.

Concierge service has been pretty poor. The concierge has got many things wrong like opening times of museums, whether there is customs clearance at Easter Island, and they even managed to screw up a taxi reservation which they said they had made but told us the day of that they actually had not been able to. CCS will definitely hear about this.

BTW, the prices at El Cid are great for a restaurant of it's caliber and service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.