Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Angkor, Cambodia [Closed for Renovations]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2014, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG INSTANT AWARDS
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Angkor, Cambodia [Closed for Renovations]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
I was not upgraded
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by SfoDtwFlr
Any recent experiences of PLT getting upgraded to a family room or other suite? I am travelling with a friend, so we will need a room with two beds, just trying to figure out if using Suite Nights are worth it. Will be there 1/15-1/18
the hotel often host tour groups and big convention, if you want a bigger room it's better to email and ask.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Have there been any renovations here in the past couple of years? It has been a few years since I have stayed there, and I remember it being a bit aged. Do they stock Malin+Goetz in bathrooms here?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Have there been any renovations here in the past couple of years? It has been a few years since I have stayed there, and I remember it being a bit aged. Do they stock Malin+Goetz in bathrooms here?
Unless they have happened since we stayed in November I would say no. As to toiletry brands they did in November.
remymartin likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:52 am
formerly leemaj

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold, SW Companion Pass
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
As of January 2018 they still stock Malin + Goetz. The rooms didn't appear to be renovated recently.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by leemaj
As of January 2018 they still stock Malin + Goetz.
Is that now the LM brand standard? I noticed that LM BKK switched to M&G a year ago (or maybe slightly more).
Old Mar 28, 2018, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Is that now the LM brand standard? I noticed that LM BKK switched to M&G a year ago (or maybe slightly more).
It seems to be the standard these days at least at the places I've been (REP, KUL, BKK, CEI ( I think CNX but gave the suite to my parents and don't recall) but not, notably, Bhutan). I like the soap but it doesn't lather when I'm sweaty which is a problem because after a long intentionally sweaty walk or after the gym the shower is not as satisfying.

I've never tried any of their other products because I just don't care.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: AA, UA.
Hi
I used point to book the room with 3 adult, when I call to make the reservation, I ask if there is extra charge with the third person, she said no.
But when I look up the reservation it said there will be $30 for the extra person ?Room rate:3,000 Starpoints
3,000 Starpoints
Room rate excludes the following:Extra person charge:USD30.00USD30.00USD 30.00 Per Person / Per Night
Old Aug 16, 2018, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by moon4fun
I used point to book the room with 3 adult, when I call to make the reservation, I ask if there is extra charge with the third person, she said no.
Sorry to have to tell you that unless you got her name, and recorded it along with the date and time of your call, you are probably SOL.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:26 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
There is a Courtyard there, which seems to be a far better and newer property, also comes with a lounge and standard rates are inclusive of airport transfers and breakfast. Also the points rate is a steal (at least for 3 more days).
Old Aug 16, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by porkie
There is a Courtyard there, which seems to be a far better and newer property, also comes with a lounge and standard rates are inclusive of airport transfers and breakfast. Also the points rate is a steal (at least for 3 more days).
Courtyard is 10K MR points now going up to 12.5K MR points, Le Meridien is at 3K and 4K SPG points (weekend and weekday) now and going up to 17.5K per night.

Personally I have an aversion to Courtyard brand hotels in the US and have never stayed at Courtyard in Asia. Le Meridien hotels (brand image and standards) have more character. I have a reservation at Le Meridien for stay next May. Get LM while it's relatively cheap.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 10:37 pm

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by CIT85
Courtyard is 10K MR points now going up to 12.5K MR points, Le Meridien is at 3K and 4K SPG points (weekend and weekday) now and going up to 17.5K per night.

Personally I have an aversion to Courtyard brand hotels in the US and have never stayed at Courtyard in Asia. Le Meridien hotels (brand image and standards) have more character. I have a reservation at Le Meridien for stay next May. Get LM while it's relatively cheap.
It’s 10k with 5 night free, effectively putting it at 2666 SPG per night, I have a stay there in two weeks and it looks like much better property overall, just opened last year. CY’s in Asia are completely different from those in US.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
the le meridien is going up to 17.5 a night?!? holy cow, captive audience.

we were just there, and while it's a perfectly fine hotel, and a great deal at 3000-4000 points, i don't think it's worth that. they do get a lot of chinese tour groups--as does everywhere in siem reap, to be fair--and it's not a high-end experience, although it's a pretty property. i had an acceptable foot massage, but hardly a high end one. it's quite reasonably priced, as is most everything in cambodia. we enjoyed our platinum amenity breakfasts, which were terrific, despite the several tour groups sharing the room with us.

location is quite good for seeing the temples, and there are a couple of walkable restaurants.

we received no upgrade, were actually told there were no suites, although perhaps that was a fault of translation. we didn't push, as the hotel was clearly full. the cocktail hour for plats in the bar is lovely, and the staff is pretty good, and happy to chat if you're looking for conversation.

still, the staff isn't all that well trained: during our stay i had been pleasant to a woman working the lobby lounge during the day, and my reward for that was when i came for lunch alone one afternoon she essentially begged me to take a club sandwich that she'd ordered by mistake for another guest. for some reason i had the feeling that her job was on the line, so i took it, but left feeling less than satisfied. at 3-4000 points, that's a great deal. at 17.5?! not so much.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by karenkay
at 3-4000 points, that's a great deal. at 17.5?! not so much.
sounds like you're omitting the triple-multiplier. 3-4000 SPG = 9-12k Marriott. It's going up to 17.5k Marriott, which is equivalent to 5833 SPG per night. Yes, an increase, but not astronomical.

still, last time i was there the rates were something like 80 usd per night and SNAs cleared into a perfectly functional suite (we had 3 adults so that was nice -- they charged a modest negotiated upcharge that included rollaway and platinum drinks and breakfast).

not a fancy place but it does the trick to impress infrequent travelers who are going to be more impressed by angkor thom, angkor wat, ta prohm, and banteay srei anyhow.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by platbrownguy

not a fancy place but it does the trick to impress infrequent travelers who are going to be more impressed by angkor thom, angkor wat, ta prohm, and banteay srei anyhow.
I'm not sure what being impressed by the temples (and Angkor Thom is a city BTW) has to do with being impressed by a hotel, but LM REP is serviceable as a baseline.

I'm lucky in that my location has allowed many trips to the area but IMO breakfast was the weak point in myriad stays; I've found the quality poor, the service poor and the fruit, especially, lacking. With grab's universal presence I'll potentially try the REP CY which in the past would have been far from a thought due to it's location but the Cat 1 positioning could draw me in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.