Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Chase $100 hotel credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond

It is the first time I am attempting to use this benefit and I am a little confused. I understand it only applies to bookings of 2 night or more with full price rooms. I understand it is not for alcohol or the room rate.

1) So if I booked the full-price rate which was required for my club level upgrade, it should automatically qualify for the $100 credit as well correct?
2) I also see now when researching that not every property honors this. I am assuming I have to contact the hotel in advance to verify?
3) Also when searching for another Ritz property, I just saw there is a booking option which advertised it. Does it have to be booked via this method to use the credit?

Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:11 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
This rate should show up online for StR and RC properties now. If it isn't, try forcing it by searching for rate code Z34. I've seen it at every RC and StR I've checked recently though. Some properties may not participate.

If your club upgrade rate includes the $100, it will be called "$100 Property Credit & Club Upgrade Rate". I cannot recall if there was a version without the $100 credit but I seem to recall that there was one to be used for one-night bookings which didn't qualify for the credit. If your rate doesn't mention it, call in to 1-800-542-8680 (this is not the normal Marriott number) and ask them to fix it, and mention rate Z38 if they're having trouble.

One final thing to note is that the first rate in your screenshot is the rate pertaining to your SPG Luxury card and the second one is the rate for your RC card. Each rate specifies that you must pay with the specified card so keep that in mind, although who knows if the property will actually enforce it.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
This rate should show up online for StR and RC properties now. If it isn't, try forcing it by searching for rate code Z34. I've seen it at every RC and StR I've checked recently though. Some properties may not participate.

If your club upgrade rate includes the $100, it will be called "$100 Property Credit & Club Upgrade Rate". I cannot recall if there was a version without the $100 credit but I seem to recall that there was one to be used for one-night bookings which didn't qualify for the credit. If your rate doesn't mention it, call in to 1-800-542-8680 (this is not the normal Marriott number) and ask them to fix it, and mention rate Z38 if they're having trouble.

One final thing to note is that the first rate in your screenshot is the rate pertaining to your SPG Luxury card and the second one is the rate for your RC card. Each rate specifies that you must pay with the specified card so keep that in mind, although who knows if the property will actually enforce it.
I had no idea this benefit now applies to StR properties. Thanks for the heads up
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nexusCFX

My booking states 'Luxury Credit Card Rate, includes upgrade at time of booking to Club Level' so not sure if that qualifies me too for the $100 credit.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by xkr0p
My booking states 'Luxury Credit Card Rate, includes upgrade at time of booking to Club Level' so not sure if that qualifies me too for the $100 credit.
Doesn't sound like it. If it's not mentioned in the rate details then it won't have it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.