Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Taipei, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grand Taipei, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2007, 3:51 am

Sheraton Taipei - No Gold upgrades

Just checked into the Sheraton Taipei for the first time and requested a Gold room upgrade. I was politely informed that the hotel has a policy of not upgrading Gold members only Platinum. I hate these renegade hotels. :-(
Old Jun 11, 2007, 7:18 am
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by mcooper7290
Just checked into the Sheraton Taipei for the first time and requested a Gold room upgrade. I was politely informed that the hotel has a policy of not upgrading Gold members only Platinum. I hate these renegade hotels. :-(
Read the rules, before you start complaining.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 4:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Nothing renegade about it at all. As a fellow SPG Gold person, sometimes you get exactly what you book and nothing more. That's all you should expect, with anything above that being a bonus.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 6:48 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
the room update itself at this hotel is pretty worthless, whats great is getting access to the executive lounge. Its really very nice
Old Jun 11, 2007, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by RAPC
Nothing renegade about it at all. As a fellow SPG Gold person, sometimes you get exactly what you book and nothing more. That's all you should expect, with anything above that being a bonus.
Don't get me wrong. I'm fine if an upgrade isn't available due to capacity, but it's when it's policy that it annoys me.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Don't get me wrong. I'm fine if an upgrade isn't available due to capacity, but it's when it's policy that it annoys me.
But isnt that the "policy" at most Starwood hotels
Old Aug 4, 2007, 7:17 pm

I stayed at Sheraton Taipei back in March 2007 for 2 nights on award stay. I was actually pretty impressed with their service:

1) English was quite understandable when I was checking in. Obviously they had a little accent but at least I didn't have to strain to understand it.
2) Clerk checked me in and walked me up to my room. On the way up, she explained that since I was a SPG Gold, I was being upgraded from deluxe room to a Premier room. The room was on a SPG Member floor at a corner. View was actually impressive.
3) Every time I picked up the phone I was greeted with someone who spoke english to me.
4) Lobby was spacious and nicely decorated. This was not the case previous to their renovation a few year back.
5) I didn't try out any of the restaurants within the hotel cause I wanted authentic tw food

The only thing I didn't particularly like were:
1) Lack of Ice Machine on the floor. It really feels weird to have to call to get ice cubes. I actually don't mind running to a machine and getting it myself. Having to call and wait for ice cubes is a bit of a hassle for me.
2) Lack of free Internet Service. I realize most of the Sheraton hotels don't have free net, so I'm not penalizing this hotel for it. Although I do think for a hotel chain like Sheraton, internet service really should be included. Especially since paid night isn't really cheap.
Old Sep 1, 2007, 8:00 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
wow

i checked into the sheraton and wow what a hotel.

got upgraded to a -75 suite on executive floor.

this suite is very nice. seperate working area and huge bathroom etc.

lounge is very nice , fresh orange , grapefruit juice all day long!!

will post a trip report soon!

dp
Old Sep 1, 2007, 11:36 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
I spent 2 nights there in August during Japan's Obon week. The lounge was great with many cold and 9 hot dishes at breakfast and happy hours. The fitness center has good exercise equipment and a sauna/steam area that is like a lot of Tokyo hotels. Even the room toilet had the wash, rinse blow feature. I had booked a standard room (cat 3, C&P) and was given a Jr Suite. http://www.starwoodhotels.com/pub/me...r.28116_md.jpg The 32" plasma TV has a 350 degree swivel and can be viewed from the bed, bathroom or sofa. One wall of the bath is glass and has blinds that can be closed. I was told full suites were fully booked because of Obon.

You can get a bus to/from the airport at the stop by the side door (NT$100??)

Service was excellent. I had stayed there many times before the renovation and I had been avoiding it because the hotel was a bit run down. My recent stays had been at the Westin. It was the first time I had stayed there since the renovations and will certainly be returning.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Sep 1, 2007 at 11:46 am
Old Sep 1, 2007, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by derpelikan
i checked into the sheraton and wow what a hotel.

got upgraded to a -75 suite on executive floor.

this suite is very nice. seperate working area and huge bathroom etc.

lounge is very nice , fresh orange , grapefruit juice all day long!!

will post a trip report soon!

dp

It's my hotel of choice in Taipei. I wouldn't stay any where else.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 4:40 pm

Programs: AC MM
I have read the reviews in this thread and decided to stay at the Sheraton on my next trip through TPE for couple of nights.
What is the best way to get to the Sheraton from the Airport?
I will be arriving at 6.00am.
Someone on this board mentioned that he had a hotel car pick him up from Keeling.
Would a hotel car be much more expensive then a taxi from the airport and would the best way to arrange a hotel car be just to call the hotel directly?
Thank you for any information on this and thanks to everyone for the reviews on this hotel. It's been really helpful.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 4:58 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by yvrcnx
... What is the best way to get to the Sheraton from the Airport?
Would a hotel car be much more expensive then a taxi from the airport and would the best way to arrange a hotel car be just to call the hotel directly?
The hotel car is much nicer, safer and more expensive than a taxi. It has been a while since I last took it so I don't want the mention the price. Call the hotel directly. There are also car services at the airport.

If you want to do it cheap take the bus from the airport bus terminal. It makes a few stops along the way and will take about 20 minutes longer. The bus lets you out right by the Sheraton.
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
...You can get a bus to/from the airport at the stop by the side door (NT$100??)...
Old Sep 8, 2007, 10:03 pm

I just came back from a trip to Sheraton Taipei. I used the hotel car (a Benz) for NT 1980. I think it is well worth the money. A taxi will cost around NT 1100. But the hotel will have the driver pick you up at the airport and you don't have to worry about anything.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 3:37 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
well

Originally Posted by yvrcnx
I have read the reviews in this thread and decided to stay at the Sheraton on my next trip through TPE for couple of nights.
What is the best way to get to the Sheraton from the Airport?
I will be arriving at 6.00am.
Someone on this board mentioned that he had a hotel car pick him up from Keeling.
Thank you for any information on this and thanks to everyone for the reviews on this hotel. It's been really helpful.
you could use the bus or a hotel car.

we did use the bus one way and it was easy. just go to the bus terminal , buy a ticket at counter 3, and take the bus and go to the hotel. (cost is 90 twd= around 3usd..)

bus was easy to use so i would recommend the bus .

if you order a car a benz will start at 1500twd.

maybe if its your first time its the easiest to use the hotel limo.

dp
Old Sep 9, 2007, 10:07 am

Programs: AC MM
Thanks everyone for the responses, really appreciate it.
I am very tempted by the limo but the bus seems to be the way to go, mostly due to price, especially if it only takes another 20 minutes.
I can spend the difference on a couple of nice meals in Taipei.
Is the bus a special hotel bus that just stops at hotels?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.