Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Taipei, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grand Taipei, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2010, 10:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Plat, United 1P, AA Platinum, Avis First
Originally Posted by oldtimer
I usually stay at Sheraton when using points. It is a bargain for 7,000 in comparison to the 10,000 for Westin. I would shop between the two when paying.

You will get upgraded as Platinum and offered free internet.

As far as public transportation, Sheraton is more convenient as the subway stops within the same block of the hotel while one has to walk about three short blocks to the subway station if one stays at Westin.

Enjoy your trip.
Thanks man - this was very helpful! :-::-:
Old Apr 7, 2010, 10:17 am

what is a REAL bargain is the C+P redemption awards at the Sheraton Taipei. Cat 3 at $45+ 2800pts...^^^
Old Apr 7, 2010, 2:44 pm

Programs: Delta, United, SPG, HHonors, Hyatt
Originally Posted by doclkk
Hi all,

I'm planning on staying either here or the Westin. I'm platinum.

I'm leaning towards this location. (7000 vs. 10000)

Do they treat revenue vs. point guests differently?

Is there free internet?

How's getting upgraded?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks
I have used points and C+P in the past at Sheraton Taipei and was treated well. As a platinum, I was upgraded to a corner room, a junior suite, or a diplomatic suite on different dates. A diplomatic suite at Sheraton feels more luxurious than the Star Deluxe suite at Westin.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 6:03 pm

Programs: SQSolitaire,Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, CO Platinum,
Great hotel and treat PLT well!....SQ girls also stay there:-)
Old Apr 7, 2010, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Probably not a good idea to post which airlines crew stays where.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 6:58 pm

DELETED

Last edited by myperks; Apr 7, 2010 at 8:31 pm
Old Apr 7, 2010, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Never Mind.

Last edited by TerryK; Apr 7, 2010 at 9:59 pm
Old Apr 11, 2010, 6:00 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I stayed at the Sheraton ( back when it was the Lai Lai Sheraton) some 20 years ago,
then switched to other hotels for a while, then the Westin the past 5-6 years.
Last week I spent a night at each of the Sheraton & Westin, I found the Sheraton far
superior now: upgraded to better suite than the Westin, the lounge offerings are far
superior both at breakfast and evening, and better pricing.
Old May 19, 2010, 3:53 pm

Programs: AC SE, Alaska MVP Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by myperks
what is a REAL bargain is the C+P redemption awards at the Sheraton Taipei. Cat 3 at $45+ 2800pts...^^^
Yes, this appears to be a great deal! I'd like to book a C+P stay here a few days in December....but the hotel isn't showing a single night of C+P availability from September 1st to December 31st

I'm really hoping that the C+P availability just hasn't been "loaded" yet....as its available about 95% of the nights outside of these 4 months (all the way through NOV 2011)
Old Jun 8, 2010, 6:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Plat, United 1P, AA Platinum, Avis First
Excellent a+++

Stayed here twice over 3 weeks.

Front desk staff is awesome - concierge is wonderful.

Hats off to Narissa and Daphne for excellent service.

I was upgraded to Junior Suite and Diplomatic Suite. Both excellent rooms with huge beds (bigger than King).

Great Lounge. Really great lounge staff. On my first day, I had kiwi for breakfast and then the next day they didn't have it. I asked if they had it, they didn't. The lounge staff got me 12 slices of kiwis sliced perfectly.

On my next stay 2.5 weeks later. I didn't even remind them and the staff got me kiwi.

That's the type of detail this lounge presents.

Hotel also has great location - right near Taipei Main Station.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 10:23 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
what benefits do a gold get in either sheraton or westin? 500 TWD is seperating them 2 (17USD). how should i choose?
Old Jul 2, 2010, 11:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
I would also like to know why they blocked off these 4 months. Does anyone know if the block will be lifted soon? I really don’t want to stay at the Westin since it’s so far away.

Originally Posted by ysbyvr
Yes, this appears to be a great deal! I'd like to book a C+P stay here a few days in December....but the hotel isn't showing a single night of C+P availability from September 1st to December 31st
Old Jul 3, 2010, 5:34 am

Programs: AC SE, Alaska MVP Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond
I've been checking every few weeks for a couple months now, but the 4 month block has not changed. It's especially strange as most of 2011 is now available including the same months that are being blocked for 2010. I called spg once...but they weren't able to provide any additional info.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 12:39 am

I need to book an hotel in Taiwan in Nov, what is the best deal that anybody suggest? What kind of package??? I am first time using my spg points.....
Old Jul 10, 2010, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by aktamucsd
I need to book an hotel in Taiwan in Nov, what is the best deal that anybody suggest? What kind of package??? I am first time using my spg points.....
Well... point-wise... C+P, if available, is the best way to go.

Sheraton is a Cat3 so $45+2800pts is the best deal considering the location, accommodations, platinum bennies, etc.

Four Points Taipei Chungho is a Cat1 so $25+1200pts is a pretty good deal as well but not exactly in a convenient location

Westin Cat 4 is too expensive in my mind when the Sheraton is cheaper and better for the most part.

LM Taipei (hopefully will open soon) is Cat-less (probably a 4 or 5), but that may be a choice as well.

W Taipei is not going to open in Nov so maybe next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.