Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Saigon Grand Opera Hotel [Ho Chi Minh] Vietnam - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

SPG member benefits provided in August 2017 by member Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers.

SPG member discount at Hotel’s venues:
  • 15% discount on Food bill (lunch & dinner only, not breakfast) at Saigon Café Buffet Restaurant
  • 15% discount on Food bill at Level 23 Signature Restaurant and Li Bai Restaurant
  • 15% discount on Food bill, from 10AM to 11PM at Mojo on Dong Khoi and The Lounge
  • 15% discount on Food and 15% discount on non alcoholic Beverage at Level 23 Nightspot and Wine Bar.
  • 20% discount all Spa service.

Club Lounge Benefits:
  • Private and personalized registration and check out in the Lounge
  • Buffet breakfast served from 6.30am until 10.00am in the Lounge.
  • Happy Hours drinks and hors d’oeuvres each evening from 5.00pm to 7.30pm
  • One hour complimentary use of the Club Lounge meeting room (subject to availability)
  • Wireless and Broadband Internet connection and workstations at the Club Lounge
  • Facsimile and photocopying services available
  • Light pressing of three garments per stay upon arrival
  • 24 hour Butler service and Concierge services available
  • Choice of international newspapers in the lounge
  • Sheraton Fitness Gym featuring latest Techno gym equipment for selected workout stations
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Saigon Grand Opera Hotel [Ho Chi Minh] Vietnam - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2003, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Arrow Sheraton Saigon Grand Opera Hotel [Ho Chi Minh] Vietnam - [Master Thread]

For Mr Saundres and anyone who is in the know. Is this new hotel open for July 7 and if the executive floors are not open, are there any intro specials/ Thanks

Things are very heavily discounted in Vietnam now and I am considering the Caravelle or Sofitel
Old Jun 24, 2003, 10:59 am

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
When I was there a few months ago, the Sheraton was not open yet.

For restaurants I highly recommend the old favorite, Mandarine and the brand new Nam Phan.

[This message has been edited by Nevsky (edited 06-24-2003).]
Old Sep 4, 2003, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Bump. Anyone been here yet? Please advise on any information. Also. Is a visa required for US citizens to enter Vietnam. Thanks
Old Sep 4, 2003, 4:36 pm

Programs: None, but flying a lot more Delta these days
Don't know about the hotel but I was in HCM City (had a great time!) about two months ago and a visa is required for US citizens to visit Vietnam. You have to get the visa ahead of time.

Friends I met up with said Hanoi is their new favorite city in all of Asia so if you get a chance to head up that way, it may be worth a visit.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 7:19 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
A visa is required for everyone. There are no 5 star hotels in this city. Sofitel and New World are the main ones. I THINK
Old Sep 4, 2003, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
I always stay at the Caravelle, which is in a great location and, if not 5 Star, is certainly 4.5 Stars.

Just highlighting an earlier point: You MUST have a visa prior to arrival in Vietnam. And they're not cheap.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tfong007:
A visa is required for everyone...</font>
Not true! You should know, since you're in Bangkok, that ASEAN citizens (except Burma) do not require a visa.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Passport required (must be valid for at least six months).

Visa not required for a stay of max. 30 days.

Passenger must hold:
- return/onward ticket; and
- all documents for next destination; and
- sufficient funds for period of stay.
</font>
For US citizens:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Passport required (must be valid for at least 1 month after
expiry date of visa).

Visa required.

Visa/entry permit accompanied by 1 photo is required. In addition, the normal immigration form has to be filled out.
Passengers are advised to hold an extra passport photo on arrival.

Visa may be granted on arrival for those coming from countries where no diplomatic representations of Vietnam are present,
provided holding letter from Vietnamese Immigration confirming that visa will be issued on arrival.</font>
Old Nov 2, 2003, 7:13 pm

Programs: FB Plat/SPG Plat/HH Gold/LHW/SLH/SK Silver
Did not stay here but was in the lobby last week for drinks. Very good location in central district 1. There is an exec level which includes breakfast/snack lounge. Several shops in the lobby area. Plenty of security and bell staff around. Comfortable internet cafe across the street (you will not want use your own computer trust me). Rates are consistently $100 or $135 for Exec level.

------------------
KLM PE,HHonors Diamond,SPG Plat,PC Plat,SAS Silver
Old Nov 2, 2003, 10:28 pm

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Elena:
Did not stay here but was in the lobby last week for drinks. Very good location in central district 1. There is an exec level which includes breakfast/snack lounge. Several shops in the lobby area. Plenty of security and bell staff around. Comfortable internet cafe across the street (you will not want use your own computer trust me). Rates are consistently $100 or $135 for Exec level.

</font>
Could you elaborate a little more on why you wouldn't want to use your own laptop from the hotel?

Thanks in advance.

Old Nov 3, 2003, 6:40 am

There is no developed high-speed system in Vietnam, everything is dial-up which is extremelely slow in SGN with many errors and disconnections. The only way to connect is VNN 1269 service. Most internet cafes are also on dial-up but the one across the street has DSL and although there are many errors and problems (power going out, etc)it is the best one, and it is air-conditioned (unusual). Also cheap at $1,20/hour which will also save you money from hooking up at Sheraton and convenient right across the street.
Old Nov 3, 2003, 10:25 am

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I stayed there in May a few weeks after they first opened up.

I actually stayed there two nights, went away for a few, and then back for one night before flying back to BKK. The first stay I had a regular room as there were no suites. The room was new, and just fine. The second time I got a Suite (I'm Plat). That was excellent!

All the rooms were just re-done. When I say re-done it looks like the building/rooms were just built. And that may be the case I'm not really sure, but I can tell you it looked like it was just built.

The Club level wasn't opened yet but I got a Free Breakfast Buffet in lieu of which was great, and free cocktails in the afternoon in the lobby bar.

The pool is in the center of the building so if you are looking for Sun at most times the towere are in the way. The Health Club while I didn't go in looked like it had lots of stuff.

The staff there were all very friendly. When having my free Breakfast the Genenal Manager stopped by introduced himself and asked questions. He seemed very sincere in making this hotel outstanding with his goal of being the best Hotel in SGN.

The location was fine for me. Stores etc. nearby. I wasn't concerned about walking around at night because there were plenty of people, but it looked like a typical downtown in places.

I spent 4K StarPoints per night which was a great deal!

I have a picture of the room so email me if you'd like to see it. (I know it might sound quirky, but I took an e-picture of everything on the trip)

Overall I would stay there again in a minute.

Old Dec 6, 2003, 8:32 pm

Best way to Sheraton Saigon fro SGN airport.

Will be staying for the first time at the Sheraton Saigon.What would be best - taxi,hotel limo other ???
Also will need transportation any ideas ?
Old Dec 7, 2003, 12:25 am

Just take a taxi... it won't run you more than a few dollars... make sure they turn on the meter though but they usually do. The ride is around half an hour depending on the traffic (note how many bikes are blocking your path)...

------------------
KLM PE,HHonors Diamond,SPG Plat,PC Plat,SAS Silver
Old Jun 22, 2004, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Sheraton Ho Chi Minh Saigon transport from SGN help please

I am off to SGN. Can someone please comment on transport from the airport (SGN) to the Sheraton? Cost? Reservations in advance? Any highlight suggestions on things to do? Any information appreciated. Thanks
Old Jun 23, 2004, 10:27 am
fob

Take a Cab!

Just take a cab and tell them to take you to the Sheraton at Dong Khoi. Even if the cab driver overcharge you, the cab fare would only be around 10-20 bucks!!!

You might want to call ahead for reservation, but I doubt if it is fully book.

I went to SG in December but never stayed at the Sheraton, please post your experience at the Sheraton up here or shoot me an email at [email protected]. Thanks.

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
I am off to SGN. Can someone please comment on transport from the airport (SGN) to the Sheraton? Cost? Reservations in advance? Any highlight suggestions on things to do? Any information appreciated. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.