Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels at San Francisco Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels at San Francisco Airport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Marriott Waterfront is very nice. Usually get upgraded to a room with a view of the runway but never a suite. M club 24 hour access.

Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Segments
Marriott Waterfront is very nice. Usually get upgraded to a room with a view of the runway but never a suite. M club 24 hour access.
lol they gave me a freeway view room two weeks ago. When I asked for a bayview room, I was advised that the Plat upgrade is to Concierge floor (which is of course meaningless, as the rooms are all the same).
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by Segments
[left]Marriott Waterfront is very nice. Usually get upgraded to a room with a view of the runway
Adding to the Aloft discussion, I always ask for a "runway-view room" (even-numbered rooms, IIRC) if there's no "better room" available. The glass is bank-teller thick so you really don't hear much, but the views are pretty planespotter-y.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Stayed at the San Mateo Marriott last week. They are in the midst of renovating (the lobby is done), so over the next year or so (I think) there should be a lot of new rooms. I arrived around 10pm and was given a suite (I booked a suite) that totally was not what I booked. Per the website, my room was supposed to be 600+ square feet, high floor, tower. My room was only 600 feet if you included the room below it, it was on the second floor, and I'm unsure what Tower means, but this didn't seem like it. I went to the front desk and the check in agent said that there wasn't anything that they could do. FWIW, I'm PPwA status wise. I did leave a message for the manager as I thought that not providing what I booked was a pretty big deal (nevermind giving a PPA a crappy room). I did hear back from the manager the next day, who took the time to apologize that I wasn't satisfied with my experience and offered 5K points. I reiterated that it was more than just a lack of satisfaction with my room, rather that they didn't deliver what I purchased. He responded rather quickly, after taking the time to check my booking and my room, where he agreed that there was no justifiable reason that I should have been assigned that room and raised the offer to 10K points. As a legacy SPG, 10K seems like a pretty good deal, but of course it is only really 3,333 points. In an ordinary circumstance, this would not have been a big deal, but I have experienced a bunch of glitches and mediocre room assignments post-merger.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Score8
As a legacy SPG, 10K seems like a pretty good deal, but of course it is only really 3,333 points. In an ordinary circumstance, this would not have been a big deal, but I have experienced a bunch of glitches and mediocre room assignments post-merger.
IME the standard comp for a major service fail is the points required for a one night stay at the property. In this case, that's what, 35k?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
IME the standard comp for a major service fail is the points required for a one night stay at the property. In this case, that's what, 35k?
I didn't know that...my room was like $450. Is major service fail a technical term or just a descriptor?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
... My room was only 600 feet if you included the room below it ... a crappy room ... there was no justifiable reason that I should have been assigned that room ...
Wait- you got one of the "lofts" with the upstairs bedroom and the living room? You didn't like it?

... "strokes for folks", I guess; I covet TF outta those rooms and consider them a pretty nice upgrade and try to get one every time I stay there.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:14 pm

Is major service fail a technical term or just a descriptor?
It's just a descriptor.

I'm not familiar with the rooms at this property so can't comment on how bad this service fail was.

But that should give you a gauge for their comp offer.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Wait- you got one of the "lofts" with the upstairs bedroom and the living room? You didn't like it?

... "strokes for folks", I guess; I covet TF outta those rooms and consider them a pretty nice upgrade and try to get one every time I stay there.
Not at all. I was joking that if I combined the room downstairs with mine, not that I had access to the room beneath me.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Delete
Old Dec 12, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Armani
I was very underwhelmed with the FS Waterfront. The only positives were that I could turn in my Hertz rental car (during open hours) at the hotel and the shuttle service was reliable.
Did you return a car to a local Hertz that was rented from SFO airport? If so, you had to pay extra, right? Or maybe you picked up the car from the Hertz location next to the hotel to begin with?
Old Dec 18, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: Marriott, Southwest, American, Delta, Amtrak,Multiple others
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
Did you return a car to a local Hertz that was rented from SFO airport? If so, you had to pay extra, right? Or maybe you picked up the car from the Hertz location next to the hotel to begin with?
I had picked the car up in Walnut Creek when I was staying at the Renaissance Club Sport. There were no extra fees at that time, but that was a few years ago.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old May 10, 2020, 2:39 pm

We are debating using 35K cert for Courtyard SFO Airport in San Bruno or San Mateo Marriott. Both has free shuttle from airport. We will arrive at SFO around 3PM (this is next year), and stay at an airport hotel before moving to SF hotel proper in downtown SF.

Previously booked the Hyatt but we don't have any status with Hyatt so just cancelled it. Realized we got a 35K to use still so that's what we are gonna do.

Recommendations? We want an option that will give us a comfy bed and free brekkie
Old May 10, 2020, 8:42 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SkyElite
We are debating using 35K cert for Courtyard SFO Airport in San Bruno or San Mateo Marriott. Both has free shuttle from airport. We will arrive at SFO around 3PM (this is next year), and stay at an airport hotel before moving to SF hotel proper in downtown SF.

Previously booked the Hyatt but we don't have any status with Hyatt so just cancelled it. Realized we got a 35K to use still so that's what we are gonna do.

Recommendations? We want an option that will give us a comfy bed and free brekkie
Do you have Marriott status? I haven't stayed at either of these properties, but you'd need Platinum or higher status to get breakfast at the Marriott (for member +1), or a $15 food and beverage voucher at Courtyard (for member +1, which often covers most of a breakfast entree at the Bistro cafe, but sometimes you need to pay a little extra on top).

I do believe the Courtyard is closer to SFO, and is north of the airport so it's closer to downtown. (The San Mateo Marriott is further away from SFO and south of the airport). In case that makes a change in your decision, depending on how you plan to get to downtown SF the following day.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 5:50 am

Just to bump this aged thread, what is the recommendation for the best Marriott hotel for SFO as of now? I'm planning on returning a hire car one night prior to an outbound flight (so not to incur charges for another days hire) and would like a recommendation for included breakfast (I'm platinum), available shuttle and a chance of SNA acceptance (as I've got lots to burn - but this is secondary). I'm looking to stay on points so I think that rules out the Aloft (no breakfast on reward stays) but not sure about the best of the rest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.