Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by ferndale
To those who have asked for referrals in this thread, if you will Pm me all the pertinent info in a single pm, I am happy to send it on to the "friendship program". It requires your name, phone number, email, and address. They usually contact you back by phone first, so if you want it quickly, give your cell so they can actually find you. You must also specify if you want Maui or Kauai.
Hi I am wondering if you can add my name to the referral for Maui?
Old Aug 12, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1P / *A Gold, SPG Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Amtrak S+
Originally Posted by ferndale
To those who have asked for referrals in this thread, if you will Pm me all the pertinent info in a single pm, I am happy to send it on to the "friendship program". It requires your name, phone number, email, and address. They usually contact you back by phone first, so if you want it quickly, give your cell so they can actually find you. You must also specify if you want Maui or Kauai.
Hi Ferndale, are you still offering this service? Will PM you the deets if so. Thanks in advance!!
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: SPG
Hello,
It would be much appreciated if someone can offer me a referral for this property. Thank you!
Old Aug 17, 2016, 12:16 pm

My mother got a referral for this, but she lost the email, now I'm scrambling to look for one as we really want to go

Any owners have a spare referral offer they could PM?

thank you so much!!
Old Sep 21, 2016, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by Abhinavt
Alrite, my stay is booked for Thanksgiving. Quick ? has anyone had success upgrading to the 1 Bedroom using starpoints ( SVO referral booking)
Abhinavt, in July replied to you email about my experience with attempting to upgrade from studio to 1 bedroom. Was told it's not possible to do so with points. And I'm able to confirm that this is indeed the case.

The SPG reservationist can't do anything to assist with this until your 5 days out from arrival. I just doesn't 2 days working on an upgrade as I'm witching 5 days of arriving at the property now.

It appears the best route to go is at the 5 day point, have the SPG folks send a message to the hotel at that point. Mine was sent on day 3 out and with an hour I received a message from the Villas offering me the upgrade even though the property is listed as being completely sold out on several days of my entire stay.

Well, today I receive a message that my upgrade was approved even with the online site saying one bedrooms are sold out. Sorry if someone got bumped or maybe they hold back a few rooms to be able to grant requests like mine.

Cheers! Off to Maui on Friday!!
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:56 am

Any owners have a referral for me? Greatly appreciated in advance.
Thanks
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:05 pm

I was wondering if I can get a referral to the maui property thanks
Old Oct 2, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: spg platinum: aa platinum
for those wanting referrals

I see an awful lot of posts on here wanting referrals. Hopefully another owner has stepped up and helped everyone, but if not, I will be happy to do another burst of referrals for anyone who desires. I have absolutely no idea what the current offer or offers are!!! The latest and greatest form that I have to fill out for VSE asks for
name
phone
address
email
spouse name

Just send me that info in a PM. I will reply to your pm when i have sent your referral.

Any other owners willing to send referrals - feel free to post on this thread and let people know to pm you instead!!!!
Old Oct 2, 2016, 9:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hyatt Globalist ; National Exe; Avis Preferred; Delta Diamond
I'm an owner at WKORVN and happy to do referral as well.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 1:17 am

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
We own Starwood at Westin Kierland (Scottsdale) and Sheraton Vistana (Orlando).

I'm not sure if the referrals are specific to any one Starwood Villa location, or if you're more likely to get an invitation to the location where your "refer-er" (?) owns. (The owner website for referring people doesn't specify, and there's only one referral page even though we own at two different locations.)

Having said that, I'm more than happy to put in a referral for anyone who wants it -- although please only ask one of us ... me, ferndale, or Hvanv0405.

Pick one of us, and send a PM with the details that ferndale mentioned:

first name / last name
home phone
address incl city / state/ zip
email
spouse name

It looks like referrals are currently only open to U.S. residents.

Before we became owners, we did two trips on these promotions (one to Kierland, one to Kaanapali) -- both fantastic vacations, and both unbelievable deals! For anyone who does manage to snag an invitation to one of these Starwood/Vistana promo offers, use it! Well worth it.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 8:06 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Upgrades, late check out, and Plat breakfast

Hello everyone,
Our rental house won't be available until the day after we arrive. So, we are renting 3 rooms on points, for just one night. All 3 people checking in are platinum. I know we aren't entitled to upgrades or late check out. But, has anyone gotten lucky recently and gotten an upgrade or a late check out? I'm hoping we've got a chance since it's just one night in early December. We would only really need late check out for one room so my daughter can take her afternoon nap.
In the alternative, do they have a courtesy room, where you can freshen up after you have checked out? What is the Plat breakfast like? Any update on construction noise?
Thanks everyone!
Ashley
Old Oct 16, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Although Plat I am an owner so get no breakfast or upgrade or anything so I can't help you there but when we were last there they were pretty sticky on late check out.They do have a room that can be used for changing etc when folks have a late departure, although whether you could use it for a nap I have no idea. As for an upgrade I'm not sure what you can expect as they are all studio, 1 or 2 bedrooms to start with at the Villas ( as opposed to the Westin Maui). I'm not sure how many are in your party but I believe a 2 bedroom sleeps up to 6 or 8, so maybe you'll be able to access 1 of those on points rather than 3 separate studios.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got a mailer for Nanea villa - $1k for 5nt in one bedroom villa (plus points plus car iirc). The resort is to open in may 2017 however the mailer has book by 11/10 to secure balh blah..

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin...ropertyID=5662

https://www.vistana.com/destinations...-premium-villa

The website lists one bedroom premium villa with multiple disclaimers of possibly not being representative etc etc.. Looks like this is the entry level unit - does anyone have more info?

(my last two trips were to an outstanding hyatt vacation club there - i doubt westin can match that one but as long i we get a proper 1 br in a new property i am ok...)
Old Nov 2, 2016, 7:36 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by azepine00

Got a mailer for Nanea villa
. . .

The website lists one bedroom premium villa with multiple disclaimers of possibly not being representative etc etc.. Looks like this is the entry level unit - does anyone have more info?

. . .
The disclaimers are there because the photos and floor plans may be artists' renderings since the resort is still under construction.

The one-bedroom premium is the entry level unit but this is not the same as the entry level units at The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas and Villas North next door. The only units available at Nanea are 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom premium units. The only difference in the units are the number of bedrooms.

The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas and Villas North have an entry level unit which is a studio unit which does not contain the full kitchen and dining area and separate bedroom which the one-bedroom unit has. The studio unit serves as the second bedroom of the two-bedroom lockoff unit which consists of the one-bedroom premium unit connected with the studio unit.

Prior to the construction of Nanea, the county of Maui outlawed the construction of timeshare lockoff units.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks! Guaranteed 1 br is a big plus with family.
I wonder if getting ocean view is possible...
Interstingly they take reservations only for may-june now (but deposit window covers 12 mo for later booking). Looks like soft opening kind of thing since spg only allows reservations after july 1.
Appears to be a decent deal for a grand without extra fees...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.