Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Say Hello to Marriott Bonvoy, launches Feb 13, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
New Tier Names. This applies to Lifetime naming as well.

Platinum Premier Elite becomes Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite . (75 nights)
Platinum Premier Elite with Ambassador becomes Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite. (100 nights + $20,000 spend)
Print Wikipost

Say Hello to Marriott Bonvoy, launches Feb 13, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by entropy
The new names are pretty dumb (and the name for the new program is just... meh) but I guess its pretty "marriott" = dull, boring. etc.

But I dont care about the name, I want the program to be nicely rewarding.
I agree with your second statement

But as for the first, I think the new names are dumb and meh which to me is pretty "Starwood" = empty, marketing-speak, style over substance, etc.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by naumank
Tell me McKinsey doesn’t have anything to do with the unpronounceable silly name.
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
OMG, you just articulated this merger (and Marriott) far better than anyone. Love it. Kudos ^
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Seen here on Flyertalk first.

I like the video - it's very Starwood, with no Utah-based Tumi-tugging Accenture consultants in poor fitting suits sitting in a lounge drinking Bud Light out of plastic cups in sight. Looks like they're going for aspirational: Let's hope they're successful at matching the delivery to the brand.
IDK ... I think this has a lot more to do with a lower Manhattan marketing firm with people who regularly travel between lower Manhattan and Brooklyn, who think that White Plains is upstate New York, and are too smart to need a focus group of Marriott's best customers ....
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
"Bonvoy Titanium?" Is that what I am after so many years of being lifetime Platinum in both SPG and Marriott programs. Go figure.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Seen here on Flyertalk first.

I like the video - it's very Starwood, with no Utah-based Tumi-tugging Accenture consultants in poor fitting suits sitting in a lounge drinking Bud Light out of plastic cups in sight. Looks like they're going for aspirational: Let's hope they're successful at matching the delivery to the brand.
FFS we don't have any offices in Utah, almost none of our clients make us wear suits, and I would never staff anyone on my projects if their drink of choice is a Bud Light. Can't help it though if they like to overspend on their luggage.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:41 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by scubadu
I'm actually delighted they named the program Bonvoy! It creates a shiny new diversion for the "usual suspects" in this forum who spend all day, every day, spinning likes tops about what property screwed them out of "free breakfast" You have a whole new thing to get yourselves all worked into a tizzy about and can spend the days tearing your clothes and gnashing your teeth about the marketing name for a hotel loyalty program for awhile.

Win-win for me!

Regards
+1,000,000
kennycrudup and Dr. HFH like this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:20 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker IV

Learn more about Marriott Bonvoy
NOPE!
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:23 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by hotelboy

i have only had great customer service from Marriott
Well, you must be the only exception. How many months has it been since the merger? Because it still takes a month for Marriott to respond (incorrectly) to any E-mailed concerns or queries. They are the worst.
Isochronous likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
IDK ... I think this has a lot more to do with a lower Manhattan marketing firm with people who regularly travel between lower Manhattan and Brooklyn, who think that White Plains is upstate New York, and are too smart to need a focus group of Marriott's best customers ....
I could see a lower Manhattan/Brooklyn team coming up with that name and logo as a joke, but this branding reads more like it came from a focus group after breakfast at the TownePlace Suites in Odgen, Utah.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by stewlevine
FFS we don't have any offices in Utah, almost none of our clients make us wear suits, and I would never staff anyone on my projects if their drink of choice is a Bud Light. Can't help it though if they like to overspend on their luggage.
Not sure if you are Accenture, but I was sort of shocked to read an interview with Julie Sweet where she listed Marriott as a client. You'd think that would be a liability knowing how embarrassing the SPG integration has been for Marriott.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: Several
Bon - French for good.
Voy - Spanish for I go.

Bonvoy
Good I Go

Odd choice

LapLap likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:15 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Can't wait to use BonVoy at BunBoy!

ryw likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Can’t get this song out of my head now!

yule_boy likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:01 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
You'd think that would be a liability knowing how embarrassing the SPG integration has been for Marriott.
McMarriott is capable of embarrassment? You wouldn’t know it from the steaming pile that the “integration” continues to be.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:15 am

Programs: Marriott PPE, LTP
Physical membership cards with Bonvoy

Heya,
Wondering if Marriott will be providing physical membership cards for lifetime members? I'm assuming they are awaiting new branding but curious to know if physical cards are still being sent out to lifetime achievers.

Last edited by faiz; Jan 17, 2019 at 12:40 am
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:21 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by bhrubin

Huh? There still will be Platinum!

Ambassador 100 nights + $20K spemd
Titanium 75 nights
Platinum 50 nights
Gold 25 nights
Silver 10 nights
Member/Peon 0-9 nights

BONVOY. It’s here. It’s clear. Get used to it.

The question is, at which level that you will get lounge access and suite upgrade? Platinum or Titanium?

The level seems we are going back to Marriott Rewards way, which Silver stays as Silver, old Gold is mapped to new Platinum and they introduce new Gold (25 nights). old Platinum (75 nights) is now Titanum.

So will we go back to this era?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.