Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Still wrong status level

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Still wrong status level

Still showing platinum vs platinum premiere. Annoying. What are options?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
You're going to have to provide a lot more context to get an intelligent response.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Call Marriott.
cozysuite likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by anandrag
If your status is based upon legacy or combined status, you will need to wait until they actually do the sweep. Now pushed off to the first week of February.

If your status is based upon MPG rules then that should have happened and a call the CS is probably in order. Good luck getting someone quickly.

Oh yeah, option 3, take your business elsewhere, you won't be alone.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RogerD408
If your status is based upon legacy or combined status, you will need to wait until they actually do the sweep. Now pushed off to the first week of February.

If your status is based upon MPG rules then that should have happened and a call the CS is probably in order. Good luck getting someone quickly.

Oh yeah, option 3, take your business elsewhere, you won't be alone.
The sweep is for LTPP. If OP qualified for ordinary PP for a program year by 75 nights, this should not be difficult. If combined MR and SPG nights are needed to get to 75, then AFAIK getting the status would require that the accounts be combined and not just linked.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The sweep is for LTPP. If OP qualified for ordinary PP for a program year by 75 nights, this should not be difficult. If combined MR and SPG nights are needed to get to 75, then AFAIK getting the status would require that the accounts be combined and not just linked.
As I understand it, the sweep is for all legacy rule status and the combined status. The current system only knows about the MPG rules. So if you are waiting for anything other than MR LTP that becomes LTPP, the sweep will take care of that. What is not clear is if they will only be looking at the data as of 12/31 (as they should) and if combined accounts after 12/31 will be considered, so those that have not combined and need the combined count to qualify will get updated. There has been no direction from MPG and their silence is deafening. I guess since AS says everything is ok no one needs to do anything more.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
I was Platinum Premiere on December 23, 2018 when I checked in for a 10 day stay bridging to 2019. I had 115 nights in the books on December 23. But I only had $18500 in spend on December 23.

Based on my room rate, I should have hit $20,000 spend on or about December 28.

But on January 2 when I checked out, I rolled over to 1 night for 2019 and all the fees charged from December 23 - January 2 got credited to 2019 spend. So still Platinum Premiere leval and no Ambassador status.

I called Marriott Rewards and they split the 10 day stay into December 23 -28 and then December 29-Jan 2 (the agent said "that's not fair to you") and bingo, in 5 minutes, I was now at Ambassador level. I heard from my Ambassador in about 4 days.
CLEguy likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
@anandrag

When did you do your PPE-crossing stay/night in 2018?

Are you referring to yearly or lifetime status?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad

@anandrag

When did you do your PPE-crossing stay/night in 2018?

Are you referring to yearly or lifetime status?
lifetime
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:43 pm

Hate to be blunt but the option is probably: wait for it to update (hopefully before March)
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

lifetime
@anandrag
I will take the liberty and assume you're coming from the SPG side, or basing this on combined LT Marriott+SPG combined activity. You aren't the only one not reflecting LTPPE just yet.

So, happy you reading!

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...happening.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...er-status.html
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold
What are options?
Just deal with it and wait for the update? Sounds like a lot of stress about nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.