Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points on redemption stay?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Points on redemption stay?

Recently took a trip to England...used a 5 night stay at a 60K property (240K total). Didn't spend any money at hotel. Checked my account upon return, and noticed something like 12K points (8k base/4k elite) rewarded from stay. During trip also redeemed some single trips, and free night certificates, and got no points from those stays.

Can anyone explain?

Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by manku
Recently took a trip to England...used a 5 night stay at a 60K property (240K total). Didn't spend any money at hotel. Checked my account upon return, and noticed something like 12K points (8k base/4k elite) rewarded from stay. During trip also redeemed some single trips, and free night certificates, and got no points from those stays.

Can anyone explain?

Thanks!
Yes, Marriott IT is messed up. Unfortunately you will need to submit a missing stay request and some have reported being told point stays don't get credit, which is very WRONG. Take names and escalate hoping they will get more training. CSRs are more in the mode of excusing the errors than trying to fix them so be willing to HUCA or ask the Lurkers for help.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Yes, Marriott IT is messed up. Unfortunately you will need to submit a missing stay request and some have reported being told point stays don't get credit, which is very WRONG. Take names and escalate hoping they will get more training. CSRs are more in the mode of excusing the errors than trying to fix them so be willing to HUCA or ask the Lurkers for help.
LOL. I wouldn’t bother doing that to have 12K pts removed from my account.

manku, you don’t get points on reward stays except for spend and maybe welcome amenity. You should get stay credit though. Up to you if you want someone looking at your account.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Weird thing is I get honors points for reward stays too.

Im not complaining though!
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I suggest you re-read the original post. Your response has nothing to do with the question asked.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CPRich
I suggest you re-read the original post. Your response has nothing to do with the question asked
I don't know, I'd say Roger nailed the first part:
Yes, Marriott IT is messed up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.