Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

so tired of having to prove stays. Time for Marriott to figure it out

so tired of having to prove stays. Time for Marriott to figure it out

Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:09 am
kkl

finally managed to get a stay posted almost 1 month after stay.

points and stay award. but night count was posted for 2018.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by kkl
finally managed to get a stay posted almost 1 month after stay.

points and stay award. but night count was posted for 2018.
As it should do. There are many people in that position who are relying on the missing 2018 nights for requalification.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:11 am

Also dealing with this though through the Protea collection of hotels. They just don't seem to post without manual intervention each time.
Is anyone at Marriott keeping score of this? Finding patterns of where these problems are happening and working toward a solution either with I.T or at the brand/property level?
PointWeasel and KRSW like this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by DBCme
Also dealing with this though through the Protea collection of hotels. They just don't seem to post without manual intervention each time.
Is anyone at Marriott keeping score of this? Finding patterns of where these problems are happening and working toward a solution either with I.T or at the brand/property level?
I had three Protea stays last month.

The first posted perfectly.

The second never posted and I followed up with Marriott 3 times to get it posted (over an hourish wasted in total on calls with awful agents).

The third still has not posted properly and Marriott OCA claims that the property was 'coded' incorrectly (even thought its been open for months). The stay has still not posted to my account.

For all of the Marketing promises....Marriott is clueless as to how frustrating things have become for frequent guests.
KRSW likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
It turns out that one of my stays in Shanghai was deemed ineligible despite using a special package rate that was being offered by the Westin and the Marriott CS Rep is adamant that special package rates offered on their websites don't earn points.

Back and forth with CS has rendered no results so far
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
I get the impression this is worsening. I have stayed at 5 properties since the new year in the Middle East and Asia:
1. Luxury Collection
2. Le Meridien
3. Courtyard
4. JW Marriott
5. Sheraton

My rewards number is on every folio correctly and my platinum premier status was recognised in each stay with a room upgrade. Stays 2 and 3 were simple cash reservations, 1 and 4 were points and 5 was part points.

Only the Le Meridien stay has posted automatically so far.

I scanned the folios last night in readiness of using the missing stay process online. In my experience with legacy Marriott if they do not show within 5 days they are usually not coming automatically. I am past 5 days on all but one of the stays.

No such issues last year (merged accounts in September), although I did give the August stays extra time from the merger. So not clear on the root cause.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zebranz
Getting a missing stay with a folio is not easy either when they say your BRG was booked with a third party and never stayed at that hotel.
I am glad I am not the only one with this issue on a consistent basis.

Main thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...er-thread.html
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:13 pm

Had a stay last month that hasn't posted. I have called about it three times. The desk was mobbed when we checked out; we had a flight to catch so we put our keys on the counter in the folder with the room number and left. Three calls and nobody can find evidence of the stay. Today, the agent called the hotel and was told that they had no evidence that we had stayed there (Marriott number and status were recognized at the time of the stay). I'd like to call Chase and contest the charge for the stay that, according to Marriott, never happened.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I have a missing stay from a Chilean poroperty post last week...for a stay from September 2018.

The number of ongoing issues makes me think Marriott should fire the team responsible and start from scratch.

It cannot get any worse.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
I have a missing stay from a Chilean poroperty post last week...for a stay from September 2018.

The number of ongoing issues makes me think Marriott should fire the team responsible and start from scratch.

It cannot get any worse.
1) It can always get worse

2) Would an alternate solution to Marriott "firing the team" be for you to move your spend to a business that meets your needs and delights you rather than frustrates you? I mean that is actually in your control, no? Whereas your proposal is actually not in your control.

It's a free market economy, you aren't trapped.

Regards
TerryK likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ord Liza
.........I'd like to call Chase and contest the charge for the stay that, according to Marriott, never happened.
But you would have been charged as a no-show. Try calling hotel direct, or get a Mandarin speaking friend to call, and see if a folio can be emailed to you.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PointWeasel

It cannot get any worse.
Oh it can get worse. You would have no one to call to complaint.

It takes weeks, if not months, to hire and train a new team. Let's focus on fixing system issues instead of mass firing. OTOH, the VP in charge of system transition probably should get the ax.

Last edited by TerryK; Jan 29, 2019 at 8:31 pm
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:17 pm
SST

I have been trying to get credit for two stays in Hong Kong (December), two in Budapest (October), one in Brataslava (September), and one in Vienna (September). Made the mistake of calling on the whole slew in the first part of January. Hostile agent really resented "so many" followups. Gave them all folio numbers and offered to scan and email. Referred instead to the properties and advised to wait for a response. Hong Kong (Design Hotel) says they authorized the points immediately upon checkout. No points/nights posted yet in MY account. Budapest #1 (Marriott) says it posted (but I only got one night, not four). Budapest #2 (Luxury Collection) has never responded. Brataslava (luxury Collection) hasn't responded. Vienna (Le Meridien) hasn't responded.

So frustrated. How long do I wait before I call the "customer service" line again? Spent an hour last time, between hold and bitter agent.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by whimike
Marriott refuses to post them without my folios, which I don’t keep.
"Don't keep"? You actually delete those kinds of E-mails?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:08 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
To be fair, Marriotts emailing folios are no more reliable than its point posting!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.