Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BobbySteel
Current Status of the Grandfathering Sweep to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite / Lifetime Titanium Elite

As of 1/26 Members are reporting a SWEEP HAS OCCURRED LTPPE/LTitaniumE. Some have reported discrepancies between app and website still.
A sweep has also occurred of LTP qualifying from previous LTG on legacy rules.

Request: Please DO NOT post asking if the above has occurred or advising all of us that nothing has changed. Please continue reading this wiki for updates.

If you have legitimately been swept and your website account shows that you have truly been grandfathered to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite, then yes please do add a post with this information with useful details for others and this wiki will then be updated accordingly with your information.
Print Wikipost

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by pmaddock
Apologies for my ignorance - will this sweep establish Lifetime Premiere Platinum or is it a narrow thing based on the old point accumulations?

I'm showing as Lifetime "regular" Plat although my lifetime status board looks like this which was an accumulation before Dec 31 (haven't had a stay this month so far):

Nights: 943

Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 26

Years as Gold or Platinum: 16

Years as Platinum: 15

As I understand things they were going to award Lifetime Premiere Platinum if you had over 750/10 which I'm over. So I'm not sure if I should be trying to contact them or wait for this "sweep".
(hoping its the sweep - I hear wait times to get through to customer service are horrible)
Just wait for the sweep. I’d complain if it doesn’t change within the next month or two.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Can we expect the updates programwide to happen together with "the sweep"? I am chasing LPE under the new rules and I should have been making the jump from 8 to 9 by Jan 1st. With 15 nights alone booked up until Feb 6th I am already well on my way to the 10th year.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Milkman
Can we expect the updates programwide to happen together with "the sweep"? I am chasing LPE under the new rules and I should have been making the jump from 8 to 9 by Jan 1st. With 15 nights alone booked up until Feb 6th I am already well on my way to the 10th year.
I couldn't find the traffic to back up my memory on this, but I'm relatively certain the Lurkers have suggested that going forward, LT years will only be incremented at the conclusion of a given year. So as absurd as that may sound, if true, you've got until about this time next year before anything will change, regardless of how soon you clock the nights in.

But again, I could not locate where the Lurkers may have made such statements and I could possibly have dreamed it - not to mention that it just doesn't seem the least bit reasonable - so take this with a grain of salt please.
Milkman likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by dt408sc02
I read that on the forums as well, but I had 2 Marriott customer service managers tell me differently. One told me that I would qualify for LTPP since after merging, the points would all become Marriott points and thus satisfy the 2MM requirement, and that 2018 was not yet included in my 9 years of Platinum status, which would get bumped up to 10 years once 2019 arrived (however, my app still shows 9). Thus, I would qualify under either 2MM points or 10 years Platinum. A second customer service manager also left me a voicemail confirming I would qualify for LTPP and that I should receive a notice around mid/late-Jan.

This was after 3-4 hours of phone calls with 4 different customer service managers (the first two told me very different things, including that my platinum years would not merge after combining accounts). I understand that this is different from what was reported by lurkers.

Crossing my fingers and hoping the last 2 managers were right about my LTPP eligibility. If not, maybe I can dispute using the voicemail?
Unfortunately it is not uncommon to get wrong information from CSRs (agents and managers). Sounds like you're just going to have to wait until the sweep happens to find out what happens. If your status does not change to LTPP (or LTT), then calling back to one of the managers just might get you elevated by exception, but don't be surprised with they back peddle.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by bpauker
Pardon my ignorance, but I've had LTPP since August due to LTP with Marriott and LTG with Starwood. I've noticed no difference at all with recognition from just standard pre-merger platinum. Is there something amazing I'm missing out on?
Your LTPP status is solely due to having MR LTP status before the merge in August. As for recognition, yes, many properties don't even know the difference themselves and some have said PP status was below Platinum, obviously misinformed FDCs. As far as on-site benefits, there are none beyond Platinum, but you do get a 25% bump in bonus points for your stays. See https://members.marriott.com/benefits/ for a chart comparing the benefits per level.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pmaddock
Apologies for my ignorance - will this sweep establish Lifetime Premiere Platinum or is it a narrow thing based on the old point accumulations?

I'm showing as Lifetime "regular" Plat although my lifetime status board looks like this which was an accumulation before Dec 31 (haven't had a stay this month so far):

Nights: 943

Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 26

Years as Gold or Platinum: 16

Years as Platinum: 15

As I understand things they were going to award Lifetime Premiere Platinum if you had over 750/10 which I'm over. So I'm not sure if I should be trying to contact them or wait for this "sweep".
(hoping its the sweep - I hear wait times to get through to customer service are horrible)
From what you're showing, you should get LTPP (or LTT) with the sweep, so sit back and see what happens then. I doubt any CSR will be able to invoke a change until after the sweep.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
From what you're showing, you should get LTPP (or LTT) with the sweep, so sit back and see what happens then. I doubt any CSR will be able to invoke a change until after the sweep.
Agents have 0 power to change status. Their supervisors also have 0 power to change status. Their supervisors' supervisor has 0 ability to change status. An email can be sent if there's reason to have it looked into, but no one that you can get on the phone will be able to change your status. The days of higher up agents being able to change status are long gone. Agents can't, even if they can easily verify your account status is incorrect, make that change, or call and talk to anyone capable of making that change.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thebackcourse
Agents have 0 power to change status. Their supervisors also have 0 power to change status. Their supervisors' supervisor has 0 ability to change status. An email can be sent if there's reason to have it looked into, but no one that you can get on the phone will be able to change your status. The days of higher up agents being able to change status are long gone. Agents can't, even if they can easily verify your account status is incorrect, make that change, or call and talk to anyone capable of making that change.
IME, there are very few that will even try to buck what the system has done and most will make up rules to excuse the incorrect action taken. Yes, many CSRs are restricted from making a change on their own, but they are our ONLY contact point to initiate something internally. Failing to act expecting nothing to change is a good way to make sure the issue does not get addressed.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dt408sc02
I read that on the forums as well, but I had 2 Marriott customer service managers tell me differently. One told me that I would qualify for LTPP since after merging, the points would all become Marriott points and thus satisfy the 2MM requirement, and that 2018 was not yet included in my 9 years of Platinum status, which would get bumped up to 10 years once 2019 arrived (however, my app still shows 9). Thus, I would qualify under either 2MM points or 10 years Platinum. A second customer service manager also left me a voicemail confirming I would qualify for LTPP and that I should receive a notice around mid/late-Jan.

This was after 3-4 hours of phone calls with 4 different customer service managers (the first two told me very different things, including that my platinum years would not merge after combining accounts). I understand that this is different from what was reported by lurkers.

Crossing my fingers and hoping the last 2 managers were right about my LTPP eligibility. If not, maybe I can dispute using the voicemail?
AFAIK LTPP based on 750 nights and 2,000,000 lifetime points requires that alll of those 750 nights and points be legacy MR. In addition, assuming at least that accounts weren't yet combined, the system recognizes legacy MR LTP and converts it to LTPP pretty much immediately. At least this was true for those of us with legacy MR LTP (750 legacy MR nights and 2,000,000 legacy MR points) before August 18th, and there's no reason for the legacy MR system not to pick it up just like before (almost instantly) in a legacy MR account.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:45 pm

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite
Honestly, I do not understand Marriott. They seem like they do not care at all about long term, many nights loyalty guests.

For example, I have over 13 years platinum and around 1400 nights; so I qualify as Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite and was told I would get a new card and status notification before 21 Jan 2019.

Now, it's 21 Jan 2019 and I have heard nothing from Marriott but excuses and they announce a new Bonvoy program which seems to be an excuse to delay yet again, until Feb.

In a nutshell, Marriott seems a total disaster coming from Starwood and Marriott seems to have destroyed all the good from Starwood and treats all their Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite like "dirt" compared to how SW treated their loyalty guests.

Sorry for the rant, but with nearly 1400 nights in this program, I am really upset with the Marriott.

They are just too cheap to issue nice Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite card in a timely manner.

Heck, the web site is terrible. Have the time it gives errors; my Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite is never correct.

It's broken. Whomever runs Marriott should be replaced with someone capable, in my view.

This merger has been a total disaster and still it as we move into 2019!!
UA-NYC and paolo64 like this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by starpoint_galaxy
Honestly, I do not understand Marriott. They seem like they do not care at all about long term, many nights loyalty guests.

For example, I have over 13 years platinum and around 1400 nights; so I qualify as Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite and was told I would get a new card and status notification before 21 Jan 2019.
Why did you need a card by Jan 21?

Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:31 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by margarita girl

Why did you need a card by Jan 21?

Srsly. I can’t remember the last time I laid eyes on my card. If Marriott sends me new ones, they go in the trash. What would you do with a new card exactly?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:54 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by thebackcourse
While I can understand that you cannot empower CSR to change status but that management have not put in place a path for CSRs to escalate cases that have been identified as erroneous is just incompetent especially since by now that it should be known across the MAR organization that the IT merger was everything but successful ... if this is really the case its just amateur hour once again ...
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
I'm seeing my tenth year as platinum showing up now qualifying through legacy stays. This changed over the weekend so maybe the first half of the sweep is beginning
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
I'm seeing my tenth year as platinum showing up now qualifying through legacy stays. This changed over the weekend so maybe the first half of the sweep is beginning

Saw this on my account too so I am somewhat optimistic that this might work out right in the end. They posted 2018 as my 10th year of Platinum and my status upgraded to Lifetime Platinum even thought it should be Lifetime Platinum Premier. An going to hold my breath that the "Premier" will kick in when they manually look at the total number of nights across both programs which is over 800. Then it's just one more manual step to Lifetime Titanium Elite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.