Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Email: A Note About our Transition into One Program

Email: A Note About our Transition into One Program

Old Dec 20, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
As PP, I never got the email. Not that it matters.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by KRSW
3) Communicate to stakeholders:
It's not just us chickens getting the shaft here -- the hoteliers are also being treated about the same. Like I posted in another thread earlier in the year, it's like Marriott hired the Iraqi Information Minister to do their PR. "Nothing wrong here! Just some noise on the fringe. Everything's fine! Ignore that when you go to Marriott.com, the website doesn't load. Or that hotels can't access the reservation systems. Everything's fine!!!!"
I think a lot of us (including the hoteliers) would feel more confident in Marriott's abilities if they came out early and said, "Obviously, things aren't going as well as expected. Please be patient, we are working on it. We've hired outside consultants and teams to help us expedite the fixes" Instead, we're given a 29 Ways to Fail promotion, which couldn't even work because of how bad their IT systems are.
I get your point but .... I followed the 10Q conference calls of several hotel operators/owners who operate hotels that are under the IHG/Hilton/Hyatt/Marriott umbrellas. They were asked by the analysts if they were seeing any impact on reservations or otherwise from 8/18 and all said they weren't seeing anything significant, In fact, a couple reported that reservations made through Marriott.com were actually up and they were seeing a shift from OTA/3d Party reservations to reservations made through Marriott.com (that's important because the hotel operator pays a lower fee on reservations made through Marriott.com than through Expedia, etc. If the issues reported by some on FT were widespread, one of these operators would have talked about it as they would be seeing occupancy/rate issues. They did talk about IHG integration issues in a couple of cases.

I get the concerns being posted here, but I think from an objective perspective, most people are like me -- my account was straight by Labor Day -- and I have well over 2000 lifetime nights, my stays keep posting (even a day quicker than before 8/18) in an accurate way (well -- I did have one Sheraton that I had to email in to get it credited), and I keep making reservations through the website even though it seems to have been updated by people who don't actually book hotel reservations and has reliability issues.

My main concern is the hotel experience -- the operators don't seem to be aware of everything and in some cases, seem to have adopted some cost cutting measures and blamed it on the program. Plus, there continues to be confusion on elite levels at the properties. I'm hoping Bonvoy will fix that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.