Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Apparently Marriott recycles confirmation numbers now

Apparently Marriott recycles confirmation numbers now

Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've had a couple funky looking Starwood confirmation numbers with fewer than nine digits (and no leading zeroes). I noticed one of these a couple months ago, and I can't recall it happening before the merger.
Starwood had some 8 digit and even 7 digit confirmation numbers (with no leading zeroes) before the merger. I've had a few of those reservations. I've never seen anything less than 7 though.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: AMEX DL Reserve ✈ DL Diamond Medallion ✈ Marriott ✈ NWA
This is happening to me right now. I noticed in my Marriott app it shows me currently staying at this hotel in Boca Raton, FL from December 02 to December 12, 2018. I spoke with the hotel directly and the hotel employee states they only showed me there for one night. (I stayed there Dec 01 to 02, 2018). He advises that he only shows for one night, and that I'm checked out.
I explained that my app shows me that I'm currently there now. He states no. He said to call the Marriott main reservations number. I called the main number and I explained to the main reservations woman, that I was there for only one night. She states that no your still at the hotel. I said no I'm not, I'm at home in my living room talking to you right now. She was so rude to me on the phone as I explained that I'm not there and she kept saying yes I am till the 12th of December. She said I have to call the hotel directly to check out. (What a mess)
I called the Boca Raton hotel again and I gave the reservation number on my Marriott account that shows that I'm still there. He states he shows me checked out and said that reservation number I gave him belongs to (he gave the full name to me - I'm not going to disclose here) and says he doesn't know how this is showing on my account.
As of December 07 at 11:27 it still shows me staying there. What a mess. This is the first time this has happened to me

Last edited by NWA777; Dec 7, 2018 at 9:40 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.