Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Full service Marriott - room unserviced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Full service Marriott - room unserviced

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Rarely do I stay in the hotel past noon, but when it happens and I leave, return later with no housekeeping I simply ask for some extra towels sent up. Never been an issue for me. I don't need the bed made to perfection 30 minutes before I undo it, nor have I complained and requested or demanded points. If daily water or coffee is missing, I request those items as well. Never been a problem, but I guess I'm not one looking to complain, but find solutions.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:07 pm

Happened to me a couple of weeks ago at a AC Hotel. Making the bed is not a big deal for me but not having any towels left is a pain. Went down to the front desk and let them know. The following morning I had a note under the door from the manager apologizing and gave me 10k points.

Here is my thoughts and you do what you believe, but if you are going to take a time to write this out on here you should write the hotel GM a email. Maybe you get points maybe you don't! At the very least maybe they double and triple check every single hotel room is done!
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:08 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Because of this issue, now as I leave in the morning, I use the app to specifically request my room to be made. It's not supposed to be used that way, but it seems to guarantee the room does get made up. I came back to a Four Point over a month ago at around 6PM and my room still wasn't made up.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:03 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by hotturnip
sometimes I actually call housekeeping (or the desk) and tell them, "I'm leaving now. Please make up the room."
I do this almost every time when my schedule is not a 9-5 day.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Travellin_man
Thanks for all the responses - I deliberately held back the location initially since I wanted to see the generic response, not get bogged down in the specific location.

The hotel was the Marriott Victoria, with which I have a long history, and both good and bad experiences.

And no, I didn't leave a 'Do Not Disturb' sign on my door....
Thanks for providing the property name. FTers want the name to see the recovery process on a problem.

I am a bit confused w/ the long history & good/bad experiences. If you have a long history w/ the property, presumably you'd know who to talk to re: this blip. Unless the skipped housekeeping happens each time you stay, sounds like a blip. But why start a thread re: it, unless you wanted compensation & were expecting back-up re: the comp request. No I wouldn't do scorched earth especially on the last night of a 4-night stay, but that's just me.

Cheers.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
This happens. If you complain, they'll probably throw you some points.

If the room was in really bad shape you should take it up with the person who made the mess.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I accidentally left the DnD sign on on 2 occassions.
1st is at St Regis Singapore. and 2nd at Fairmont Jakarta.

On both occassions, the housekeeping left a card that say they didnt clean the room due to DnD sign
The card also mention that I could call housekeeping if I want to have my room made.

But since I have all the supplies I need (have enough towel for the next day) I cant be bothered to call.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Whilst I like clean towels, replacement toiletries/coffee/sugar daily, i am happy for bed to be refreshed every 3rd day.

Not just Marriott, I have noticed that with DND until 1200-1300 , it is not unusual to have room service skipped. If 3rd day I tend to call in at lounge/front-desk to ensure my bed is refreshed

Depending on hotel, I usually then get smellies/towels during turndown service
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Well ... I've had that happen a couple of times over the years.

Not sure if I said anything last time ... mistakes happen ... but maybe MAGC and a drink coupon?
Not familiar with "MAGC", and Googling failed me. What's that acronym mean?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by Zelucifer
Not familiar with "MAGC", and Googling failed me. What's that acronym mean?
Make a Green Choice. Skip housekeeping for a day, get 250 points.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mvitale
Make a Green Choice. Skip housekeeping for a day, get 250 points.
SPG MAGC was 500 points or 250 in limited service brands. Isn't Starriott either 1,000 points or 500?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
SPG MAGC was 500 points or 250 in limited service brands. Isn't Starriott either 1,000 points or 500?
Hmmm. Now that you mention it, I'm not 100% sure. It's not something I generally take advantage of, so I don't see the points posting to my account.

Regardless of the number of points...It's still "skip housekeeping, get points." And thanks for pointing out my error, @MSPeconomist.

-mvitale
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
MAGC at Marriott is really (regardless of points that are supposed to be awarded) hang tag, eventually check out, don't get points, get annoyed because Marriott doesn't make any easy way to contact them about MAGC points missing, try contacting that with no response or long wait, ultimately get nothing. In Marriott's view, apparently the reward for MAGC is the warm feeling that you are supposedly doing something good for the environment! (and helping the hotel get some more green)
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dcchi
MAGC at Marriott is really (regardless of points that are supposed to be awarded) hang tag, eventually check out, don't get points, get annoyed because Marriott doesn't make any easy way to contact them about MAGC points missing, try contacting that with no response or long wait, ultimately get nothing. In Marriott's view, apparently the reward for MAGC is the warm feeling that you are supposedly doing something good for the environment! (and helping the hotel get some more green)
.....or doing something that the union doesn't like.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Regardless of being a full service hotel, it's a problem - just more glaring when you're paying for "Marriott" by name. I came across this on a recent Hilton stay, so I can commiserate with the frustration of coming back to the room after a long day working and it not being made up. Hampton Inn gave me 5000 HHonors points for the inconvenience and I know the chains are different, my point is that the 500 MAGC points seems insufficient as an apology (compared to a choice made).
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.