Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG award nights not posting - how to request without a bill?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Have 2 5-nighter SPG award stays not posted. The missing stay form required a bill to attach and of course I dont have any. I just want the nights added as well as to serve the extension of the account.

There is no way to submit the form without attaching a bill. Is that the only way to sort this out is thru the Marriott CS call center hell?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Deleted, as didn't catch that this was an award stay. FWIW - it's one reason I always charge something to the room on award stays, to have a folio generated.

Cheers.
margarita girl and rny321 like this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Contact the hotel and have them resubmit it. I just did this last month.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Contact the hotel and have them resubmit it. I just did this last month.
I will try that and hope they will respond. I did not even get pre-arrival emails from either one - 4P at Brisbane and Sheraton on the Park at Sydney. Still need to get their email addresses from Marriott CS first.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Happy
Still need to get their email addresses from Marriott CS first.
You may have to use the phone. Marriott doesn't like giving out email addresses.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
You may have to use the phone. Marriott doesn't like giving out email addresses.
Dust off the fax machine!
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I will try that and hope they will respond. I did not even get pre-arrival emails from either one - 4P at Brisbane and Sheraton on the Park at Sydney. Still need to get their email addresses from Marriott CS first.
Call them. Give them your name and date of stay and they'll email you a copy of your folio before you're even off the phone.

I had to do this twice during the merger since my SPG account merged with my Marriott account but two stays were made under my old SPG account. Once I had the folios I had to email them to SPG because the "missing stay request" is utterly broken (as in, NO ONE will reply to you, ever.)

-RM
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thank y'all.

Will try both the email and the phone. Though I suppose better to call during their day time, and not sure they can generate a folio that has no $ charged.

Off to find their facebook pages to see if they list the email addresses there.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Have 2 5-nighter SPG award stays not posted. The missing stay form required a bill to attach and of course I dont have any. I just want the nights added as well as to serve the extension of the account.

There is no way to submit the form without attaching a bill. Is that the only way to sort this out is thru the Marriott CS call center hell?
The system has no way to determine if the attachment is a folio or a picture of your cat. I would create a PDF file with a document containing all the pertinent data, hotel name/address, dates of stay, confirmation number, and a statement that no folio was provided and of your expectation they will post the night(s) per the program. I'd bet that would get through to someone. Worth a shot.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank y'all.

Will try both the email and the phone. Though I suppose better to call during their day time, and not sure they can generate a folio that has no $ charged.

Off to find their facebook pages to see if they list the email addresses there.
I had a couple missing award stays in mid-October at a Sheraton I returned to in November, and at checkout they were able to print folios for those two prior award stays. I then emailed those PDF scans of those folios, along my email reservations for those stays (turned into PDFs), to SPG Lurkers here on FT, and they posted the next business day.

So folios for award stays with no $ charged should still exist.

But Marriott CSRs have recently been claiming that you can't get elite night credit for award stays, which is why after I got the folios I went through our reliable SPG Lurkers instead of the unreliable Marriott CSRs.
rny321 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.

My experience trying to get a copy of a folio so that I could submit a stay request: While logged into my account, I fill out a request for a copy of my bill. Sometime later an email is sent to the email address listed on my account requesting information to confirm my identity. Although the information was likely already provided, I send back the requested information anyway. Never hear back.

Hopefully, the hotel can provide a copy.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:52 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by RogerD408
The system has no way to determine if the attachment is a folio or a picture of your cat. I would create a PDF file with a document containing all the pertinent data, hotel name/address, dates of stay, confirmation number, and a statement that no folio was provided and of your expectation they will post the night(s) per the program. I'd bet that would get through to someone. Worth a shot.
As far as I can tell, Marriott don’t seem to have access to your folios - my Ambassador always asks that I source from properties and then send on to him.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rny321
My experience trying to get a copy of a folio so that I could submit a stay request: While logged into my account, I fill out a request for a copy of my bill. Sometime later an email is sent to the email address listed on my account requesting information to confirm my identity. Although the information was likely already provided, I send back the requested information anyway. Never hear back.

Hopefully, the hotel can provide a copy.
So at the end you still had to contact the hotel to get the folio?

If it was not for 10 nights in total I may just not bother with it. While it is moot for this year (I did a Plat Challenge finished in July) but does it add to the LT tally despite it is still a long way to go... lol.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 2, 2018 at 3:14 pm
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I had a couple missing award stays in mid-October at a Sheraton I returned to in November, and at checkout they were able to print folios for those two prior award stays. I then emailed those PDF scans of those folios, along my email reservations for those stays (turned into PDFs), to SPG Lurkers here on FT, and they posted the next business day.

So folios for award stays with no $ charged should still exist.

But Marriott CSRs have recently been claiming that you can't get elite night credit for award stays, which is why after I got the folios I went through our reliable SPG Lurkers instead of the unreliable Marriott CSRs.
I thought they can also see if the reservations have been consumed from their system when giving the reservation numbers. One other issue we have is that Marriott has changed the reservation number from the SPG format to Marriott format. I recall seeing there was a message shown on top of the reservation about Your Reservation now has a New Number - instead of starting with 3, it started with 8. Both numbers were listed when the reservations were viewable online. Should have made a PDF of those.

I thought the program has long changed to count reward nights as qualifying nights almost 2 years ago? Since when the program did a flipflop back to the historical?

The 2 Marroiott's own properties in Hong Kong posted stays correctly and timely.
The 2 SPG properties in Australia are the offending properties.
Come to think about it, I haver had SPG stays reflected under the Past Stay tab whenever it is international property. Though luckily the count on the stay / night changed, as well as the amenity points posted. I have reported this glitch to SPG a few times in the past - it never got corrected and the reps insisted the stays showed in their system.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 2, 2018 at 3:19 pm
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
So at the end you still had to contact the hotel to get the folio?

If it was not for 10 nights in total I may just not bother with it. While it is moot for this year (I did a Plat Challenge finished in July) but does it add to the LT tally despite it is still a long way to go... lol.
I believe in one case I contacted the hotel and in another I called.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.