Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy? (Potential new program leak)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy? (Potential new program leak)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
I can promise you I am dumb enough to completely stop participating in Marriott's Loyalty program for the one and only reason of the name being changed to "Bonvoy" So hopefully its not the new name.
You'll change your tune when you receive your new complimentary BONVOY swag!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:40 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
You'll change your tune when you receive your new complimentary BONVOY swag!
* Print at home, or order package from Marriott for just $39.99 postage.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
I read and posted about someone reporting the same thing in the comments section of a travel blog right around the time of the leak. I'll be checking out of a Westin next week and will be scrutinizing the folio (I normally just look at the charges and ignore the rest).
I just stayed at a totally different Four Points hotel. They recognized me as an X4 upon check-in and my folio shows "SPG-Tnnnn" again.

Only the second (maybe third?) hotel since the merger that has verbally recognized me as a Plat Premier. I had already burned SNAs on the hotel but the FDC tried to say, "We upgraded you to a nicer room." Umm, no you didn't. My SNAs worked

-RM
jerry305 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 8:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I had already burned SNAs on the hotel but the FDC tried to say, "We upgraded you to a nicer room." Umm, no you didn't. My SNAs worked
It's still an upgrade, no matter how it happened.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
It's still an upgrade, no matter how it happened.
Oh, I know. But the FDC made it sound like she upgraded me. She didn't. The SNA process is fully automated and behind-the-scenes; the hotel doesn't touch the requests. I suppose the argument could be made the hotel had to release the inventory. If the hotel even has anything to do with inventory for SNAs (rumors say no?!).

-RM
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Oh, I know. But the FDC made it sound like she upgraded me.
And you care about this because....? She's trying to put a good spin on it and make herself look a little better to you and perhaps feel a little better about herself. Why not just smile and say, "Thanks, I really appreciate that!"?
CPRich and drron like this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:54 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
The below patents were filed at the Canadian Intellectual Property Office on December 14th [grey] and the European Union Intellectual Property Office on the 17th [orange] with the below details; I hadn't seen logos before, but here they are. Looks like Bonvoy could be moving forward/a done deal.

khabah

MARRIOTT BONVOY & Design

Application Number: 193625700
Filing Date: 2018-12-14
Owner: Marriott Worldwide Corporation (USA)

NICE Classes:
  • 35 - Advertising; business
  • 36 - Insurance; financial affairs
  • 43 - Services for providing food and drink; temporary accommodations
Goods & Services

(1) advertising, business management, business administration; office functions; incentive award programs; promoting hotel, resort, airline, car rental, time share, travel, and vacation services through an incentive award program; organization, operation and supervision of loyalty programs (2) insurance, financial affairs, monetary affairs, real estate; real estate timesharing services featuring an incentive award program; real estate listing, rental and leasing services for residential housing, apartments, rooms in homes, vacation homes, and villas featuring an incentive award program; credit card services (3) services for providing food and drink; temporary accommodation; hotel services featuring an incentive award program; hotel reservations

MARRIOTT BONVOY

Application Number: 018000628
Filing Date: 2018-12-17
Registration Date: 2018-12-17
Owner: Marriott Worldwide Corporation (USA)

NICE Classes:
  • 35 - Advertising; business
  • 36 - Insurance; financial affairs
  • 43 - Services for providing food and drink; temporary accommodations
Goods & Services

Class 35: Advertising, business management, business administration; office functions; incentive award programs; promoting hotel, resort, airline, car rental, time share, travel, and vacation services through an incentive award program; organization, operation and supervision of loyalty programs. Class 36: Insurance, financial affairs, monetary affairs, real estate; real estate timesharing services featuring an incentive award program; real estate listing, rental and leasing services for residential housing, apartments, rooms in homes, vacation homes, and villas featuring an incentive award program; credit card services. Class 43: Services for providing food and drink; temporary accommodation; hotel services featuring an incentive award program; hotel reservations.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:52 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Ell Oh Ell
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I wonder if the line below the O is the marking for status tiers?

Black for members
Silver for Silvers
Gold/orange for golds

But then ,, platinums and titaniums will have silvery colour as well
MSPeconomist and ryw like this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by kaizen7
I wonder if the line below the O is the marking for status tiers?
No, it permanently memorializes this blood bath that has taken place.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
should be red then?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
I can promise you I am dumb enough to completely stop participating in Marriott's Loyalty program for the one and only reason of the name being changed to "Bonvoy" So hopefully its not the new name.
Well, in your case I guess they should name it Bonvoy-age
t1c likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Probably not going to be popular to say this but I don’t get all the backlash?

the name isn’t that bad and creating a clear and separate name for pp from platinum is a good thing. But at the end of the day why does it matter what they call their loyalty program so long as we earn points, get elite benefits and can redeem our points?

they can call me whatever they want as long as I get my points, upgrades, pp breakfast etc...
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Nuhusky
Probably not going to be popular to say this but I don’t get all the backlash?

the name isn’t that bad and creating a clear and separate name for pp from platinum is a good thing. But at the end of the day why does it matter what they call their loyalty program so long as we earn points, get elite benefits and can redeem our points?

they can call me whatever they want as long as I get my points, upgrades, pp breakfast etc...
If you read through this entire thread, you'll see that this is a religious war that's already been waged. To some, it's all about the name - and most of that camp don't seem to care for it terribly much. To others (myself included), the name is both irrelevant and at the same time not too shabby. It's better than "Loyalty Plus" or some other such corporate gibberish. They could call it Yovnob and I wouldn't pay any notice. Having said that, to my ear Bonvoy has a decent enough ring to it.

And let's not forget that they're fixing status tiers, which to me is the most significant development by far.
ryw and Nuhusky like this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
If you read through this entire thread, you'll see that this is a religious war that's already been waged. To some, it's all about the name - and most of that camp don't seem to care for it terribly much. To others (myself included), the name is both irrelevant and at the same time not too shabby. It's better than "Loyalty Plus" or some other such corporate gibberish. They could call it Yovnob and I wouldn't pay any notice. Having said that, to my ear Bonvoy has a decent enough ring to it.

And let's not forget that they're fixing status tiers, which to me is the most significant development by far.
They can call the program and the elite status tiers whatever they want, but until there is a clear delivery of the benefits then whatever changes they make are worthless. Look at the J.W. Marriott property in Costa Rica that is posting on its website that it won't give suite upgrades to customers who are otherwise eligible for suite upgrades. If that's not bad enough look at all the properties, across multiple brands and including even Marriott-managed properties, that are claiming a piece of toast or a muffin and a cup of coffee is a compliant elite status breakfast.

Last edited by hhoope01; Jan 1, 2019 at 9:24 pm Reason: Per FT Rule 16, removed offensive language reference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.