Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Entertainer App rates - qualifying nights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

I've booked myself at the Renaissance Phuket using the entertainer app rate (buy one night get one night free, quite a good deal).
I did give my Marriott rewards number, and I can see the reservation in my profile. But wondering if I will get points as well as the 2 nights as qualifying nights? Or even from one night?

The way the rate is set up is that I'm being billed THB6300 for the first night (fully flexible BAR rate) and THB0.01 for the second night.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by boonkoh
I've booked myself at the Renaissance Phuket using the entertainer app rate (buy one night get one night free, quite a good deal).
I did give my Marriott rewards number, and I can see the reservation in my profile. But wondering if I will get points as well as the 2 nights as qualifying nights? Or even from one night?

The way the rate is set up is that I'm being billed THB6300 for the first night (fully flexible BAR rate) and THB0.01 for the second night.
if you book these online at Marriott.com then yes ... they do earn stay credit.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by cfischer
if you book these online at Marriott.com then yes ... they do earn stay credit.
OP said they used the Entertainer app to book the stay. There are some portals other than marriott.com that do earn credit. I don't use Entertainer so I have no definitive answer. Although your answer is correct, does not address the question asked.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 12:19 am

I used the entertainer app earlier this year at Renaissance Phuket and got points and two elite nights.
boonkoh likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by quant88
I used the entertainer app earlier this year at Renaissance Phuket and got points and two elite nights.
Thanks! That's interesting to hear. So looking forward to some points and elite nights, although not banking on it.

To answer some of the Qs above, reservation was direct with hotel team (as you need to do so when using the Entertainer app).

​​​​​​I've just noticed that the rate in my reservation showing in the account is "entertainer rate".
Old Nov 18, 2018, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RogerD408
OP said they used the Entertainer app to book the stay. There are some portals other than marriott.com that do earn credit. I don't use Entertainer so I have no definitive answer. Although your answer is correct, does not address the question asked.
no, the OP wrote the 'entertainer app rate' ... not the app. That's a huge difference. E.g. you can perfectly well book 'Entertainment book rates' at Marriott.com or 'Travelzoo' or whatnot. So it can matter quite substantially where you book and not what rate you book.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
no, the OP wrote the 'entertainer app rate' ... not the app. That's a huge difference. E.g. you can perfectly well book 'Entertainment book rates' at Marriott.com or 'Travelzoo' or whatnot. So it can matter quite substantially where you book and not what rate you book.
Somewhat confusingly despite being an app to book the Entertainer App rate you need to book directly with the hotel through phone/email.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 11:52 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
My experiences using entertainer rate, I get night/stay/point credit for the paid night and nothing for the free night.(Using Entertainer 1 for 1 rate)
this was at Four Points Kuta Bali, had the same experiences at Conrad Hong Kong and IC Bali.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by quant88
Somewhat confusingly despite being an app to book the Entertainer App rate you need to book directly with the hotel through phone/email.
that's right. As long as you book with the hotel or marriott.com (if you know the codes) you will get stay credit. If you book through 3rd party services you almost always (amex is the exception) do not get stay credit.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Just to give feedback here after my stay - I did get points, and elite nights for my stay at The Renaissance, booking over email using the Entertainer App rate.

It was a bargain as I had booked two rooms for two nights (came up to £80/night including taxes, per room, including breakfast) and I think because they were running at full occupancy they upgraded us to a two bedroom private pool villa, the only one on the property. Right by the beach and pool, and with a private pool too and a separate living room. I only have Marriott Silver, so wasn't expecting this!
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:22 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
What is this code?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.