Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Customer Appreciation Week

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Wow, I never think they appreciate customers - when I was there on a paid stay it felt like that they are doing a favour by having me there. It's on top of my no go hotel list.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by cfischer
wow, so much negativity here. I thought it was a nice touch.
Agreed. It is a nice touch. Once again, Marriott reaching out its hand, only to be slapped away by the handful of malcontents on this Board who look for any thread to post something negative.

The Marriott/Starwood/Ritz merger hasn't even been 3 months yet. Of course there will be a few hiccups.
As a contrast, the United/Continental merger took years before all of the loose ends were straightened out.

Thanks Marriott for the Customer Appreciation week.

Newman
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jamesie_version1

It’s Global appreciation week here at the Bella Sky. With wine gums.
Ha! I preferred the champagne over at the Marriott They had it every evening that week
Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Nothing at all at the Design Hotels brand in Helsinki. In fact if this wasn't bookable on the Marriott/Starwood site I would've never known its connected with them as there was no recognition of status or any kinds of benefits.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
I always get a kick out of these sort of promotions. Shouldn’t they appreciate their customers every week?
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by rylan
Nothing at all at the Design Hotels brand in Helsinki. In fact if this wasn't bookable on the Marriott/Starwood site I would've never known its connected with them as there was no recognition of status or any kinds of benefits.
they have a special relationship and pretty much zero benefits apply; they are just participating in the 'points' program.

Originally Posted by strickerj
I always get a kick out of these sort of promotions. Shouldn’t they appreciate their customers every week?
o.k., sure, that does not include serving free champagne every night for every guest Anyway, I felt appreciated
strickerj likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Newman
Agreed. It is a nice touch. Once again, Marriott reaching out its hand, only to be slapped away by the handful of malcontents on this Board who look for any thread to post something negative.

The Marriott/Starwood/Ritz merger hasn't even been 3 months yet. Of course there will be a few hiccups.
As a contrast, the United/Continental merger took years before all of the loose ends were straightened out.

Thanks Marriott for the Customer Appreciation week.

Newman
As one who's been posting to the Marriott thread for a while, both positive and negative, and as a lifetime platinum premier who will.reach over 75 nights both via stays and other night earning options, I appreciate any effort to "appreciate" its customers.

However, I'm sorely tested when I've stayed over 75 nights this year primarily at heritage Marriott properties but haven't seen MRS been effective at rolling any program out this year - including and especially this one.

David
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Rather than champagne one particular week (it's not being celebrated at my Starriott), I'd greatly appreciate having Starriott answer their elite phone lines, ideally with someone who's at least marginally competent at their job and understands that a PP isn't the same as a Plat, etc. Alternatively, if the websites would work, it might not be necessary to call.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I stayed at the Hotel PUR in YQB for most of last week (week of Nov 5). Other than being thanked at checkin for being a Plat I received nothing.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
They were serving complimentary champagne punch (and also a non-alcoholic option) at the Addison Marriott Quorum last night with a sign about customer appreciation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.