Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Has anybody observed that their tenor year counter been updated to reflect your 2018 activity?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
Except that I "qualified" months ago for LTPP (in terms of number of years and number of nights) but I was only LTP (having qualified via years, not points - ie the new program form of qualification), so I too had to wait until January. Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought every type of qualification except Marriott points/nights had to wait until January.
What was your status prior to the merge in August? How many nights and how many years? How many at year end. MPG IT seems to have favored the MR accounts over the SPG accounts in many areas, but that was the marching orders given before the merge. Only after massive complaints did they give in to allow SPG members become LTPP, and that included using combined number. Also, I don't think we have seen solid evidence that your years of status get bumped when earned or in January.

There is a very slight chance if they discover an error was made that it would be backed out, but from what you've said, should come back with the sweep. Enjoy your benefits.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Also, I don't think we have seen solid evidence that your years of status get bumped when earned or in January.
The lurkers wrote me that the years would be updated in Jan, they can be misinformed as well of course .. We won't know until we have a confirmed report of addition of years ... It's a mess for sure ..
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by X-ON
Has anybody observed that their tenor year counter been updated to reflect your 2018 activity?
Mine changed back in May 2018 when I crossed 50 nights. It is correctly listing 11 years of LT status.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Mine changed back in May 2018 when I crossed 50 nights. It is correctly listing 11 years of LT status.
Yes, it's been reported one system bumped the years when you meet the qualifications and the other in January after. From what the Lurkers are saying MPG has adopted the latter approach. Now any guess you'll get bumped another year now? Who knows... it is MPG IT after all.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:48 am

What was your status prior to the merge in August? How many nights and how many years? How many at year end. MPG IT seems to have favored the MR accounts over the SPG accounts in many areas, but that was the marching orders given before the merge. Only after massive complaints did they give in to allow SPG members become LTPP, and that included using combined number. Also, I don't think we have seen solid evidence that your years of status get bumped when earned or in January.

There is a very slight chance if they discover an error was made that it would be backed out, but from what you've said, should come back with the sweep. Enjoy your benefits.
I had no lifetime status before August. When the accounts were combined in August, I had sufficient nights for LTP/LTPP, but I was missing a number of years. A couple of months later, my year count changed (adding in years I thought should have been included initially), bringing me to more than 10 years. At that point, my account changed to LTP. That LTP was only achievable for me under the new rules.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ord Liza
I had no lifetime status before August. When the accounts were combined in August, I had sufficient nights for LTP/LTPP, but I was missing a number of years. A couple of months later, my year count changed (adding in years I thought should have been included initially), bringing me to more than 10 years. At that point, my account changed to LTP. That LTP was only achievable for me under the new rules.
I am confused. How do you go from NO LT status to LPT/LTPP? Still lots of missing data and not willing to sort it all out here. Enjoy what you have and hope it sticks.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:39 am

Also confused about the many statements on here.

My situation is as follows:
I was looking at totally independant accounts, unlinked, unmerged, un-whatsoever until I combined them yesterday. At the time of the combination I have held Plat. level in both accounts. The true old MR Plat (75) and the true old spg Plat (50). I further racked up 44 nights on MR and 6 on spg in 2018.

I combined yesterday and all my LT nights and my LT Plat. years were added up correctly to >750 LT nights and >10 LT Plat. years. So far so good.

I currently show as Plat Premier Elite, although I shoud only be a normal Plat (coz of 50 nights in 2018).
I also currently show as LT Plat, although I should be a LTPPE based on my >750 combined LT nights and my >10 combined LT Plat. years. Should I be worried?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by decentmove
Also confused about the many statements on here.

My situation is as follows:
I was looking at totally independant accounts, unlinked, unmerged, un-whatsoever until I combined them yesterday. At the time of the combination I have held Plat. level in both accounts. The true old MR Plat (75) and the true old spg Plat (50). I further racked up 44 nights on MR and 6 on spg in 2018.

I combined yesterday and all my LT nights and my LT Plat. years were added up correctly to >750 LT nights and >10 LT Plat. years. So far so good.

I currently show as Plat Premier Elite, although I shoud only be a normal Plat (coz of 50 nights in 2018).
I also currently show as LT Plat, although I should be a LTPPE based on my >750 combined LT nights and my >10 combined LT Plat. years. Should I be worried?
Unless you had MR LTP then waiting for the sweep is needed. SOMETIME in January (or maybe later) they will be going through and looking at all accounts and applying the legacy rules and other means to meet the tiers before upgrading your account.
decentmove likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:33 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Yes, it's been reported one system bumped the years when you meet the qualifications and the other in January after. From what the Lurkers are saying MPG has adopted the latter approach. Now any guess you'll get bumped another year now? Who knows... it is MPG IT after all.
I think I had the misfortune of meeting the 50-nights around August 2nd to 7th - in the SPG App (pre-merger) my number of Platinum years shifted from 5 to 6, accurately. After the merger, the new SPG app (Marriott rebranded) said I only had 5 years as plat.

I reached out to support earlier this month after combining, and was redirected to the research team... who basically ended up saying that:

Thank you for your reply.

Accounts will be reviewed at the end of the year and updated accordingly in the new year. If members meet the requirements for Lifetime Platinum status by December 31st, 2018 their account will be upgraded in the new year.

Have a wonderful day.
No direct response to my question about the number of years, just a generic reply. Almost seems like it's still anarchy behind the scenes, with every account needing manual reviews!
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA , 3MM, CK, Marriott Titanim
Confused about Lifetime Platinum vs LPP

I apologize for this question but I have read many articles and threads and still am not sure

I am currently a lifetime Platinum and have been for a little over a year in the legacy Marriott system

I have 630 nights and 2.9 million points and 13 years as a Platinum.....

I have read that legacy Lifetime Platinums will get LPP..... but on other threads I have read I need 750 Nights....

Will my legacy lifetime stats get me LPP? They have not so far

Again....I apologize...... My Anderson UCLA education not sufficient to figure it out.....
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by pkfinman
I apologize for this question but I have read many articles and threads and still am not sure

I am currently a lifetime Platinum and have been for a little over a year in the legacy Marriott system

I have 630 nights and 2.9 million points and 13 years as a Platinum.....

I have read that legacy Lifetime Platinums will get LPP..... but on other threads I have read I need 750 Nights....

Will my legacy lifetime stats get me LPP? They have not so far

Again....I apologize...... My Anderson UCLA education not sufficient to figure it out.....
Although you had exceeded the 2MM point threshold for LTPP under the MR legacy program and the 10 years of Platinum needed for the SPG one, with less than 750 nights you will be Lifetime Platinum.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:18 pm

A necessary condition to be considered for Lifetime Platinum Premier is to have 750 nights either standalone from either MR or SPG or combined.
​​​​​​

​​
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:46 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
When did OP become Lifetime Platinum? If you reached Lifetime (old) Platinum already under legacy Marriott, before August 2018, I believe you should be grandfathered into Lifetime (new) Platinum Premier early this year (though I don't know how you would've been able to do that with less than 750 lifetime nights.).

If you were Lifetime (old) Gold with Marriott before 8/18, then that should've been changed to Lifetime (new) Platinum at 8/18, which is what you'll get going forward. To get Lifetime (new) Platinum Premiere, you'd need to hit the 750 nights.

I think part of the confusion is that Marriott re-named its tiers to more closely match the SPG tiers. Many Marriott elites after 8/18 got a higher-named status tier, but retained the same benefits they previously had. Old (Pre-8/18) Marriott Gold is now called Platinum (which basically offers the same benefits as Marriott Golds & SPG Platinums got before 8/18).

Similarly, Old Marriott Platinum is now currently called Platinum Premiere (soon to be re-named Titanium, and basically offers the same benefits as pre 8/18 Marriott Platinum and SPG Platinum 75 offered).
wilma likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond
Hmm that is strange as legacy MR Platinum status required 750 nights and 2 million points, which you would not have qualified with 630 nights.

If there's a glitch, maybe you'll get LTPP. But maybe not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.