Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2018, 2:18 pm

My marriott visa applied the 15 elite nights on September 2nd.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifer, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Segments

Your LT PPE will be awarded in January 2019 if earned as SPG LT Plat w/ >750 nights.
I'm curious why the delay until January when Marriott was already showing me as PPE prior to the system merger in August?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by magendim
I'm curious why the delay until January when Marriott was already showing me as PPE prior to the system merger in August?
Well, I was legacy LTP before August 18 with Marriott. I have a screen shot from July to prove it. I'm not LTPP, either. I wrote them an email about it on August 20, and haven't gotten any reply at all other than the automatic reply giving me the case number.

So there are still some of us with the wrong lifetime status. I am wondering at this point if I will have to wait until the January sweep as well. My main concern is that whatever problem that caused them to miss converting my status to LTPP back in August will prevent the conversion again in January. Hopefully, customer service will be better by then, and I will actually be able to get the situation taken care of. So right now, I am annoyed by the mix up. If the problem still exists in January, I will probably be pretty angry about it.

Marriott Insiders posted a method to check lifetime points. The lifetime points on my account are correct. Even after merging my account and having a bunch of SPG points transferring over, the lifetime points total still only shows my Marriott lifetime points. That is what I expected. But it makes me feel better that I can see that the lifetime points are accurate on the Marriott computer.

https://insiders.marriottrewards.com/thread/55601
Old Sep 11, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
There was no LTPPE before the merger...so, if you were PPE before the merger that would not have any bearing on whether you earned LTPPE. Marriott already said that all of the SPG folks (it sounds like you were LTP with SPG, sorry if I am drawing the wrong conclusion) with LTP and 750+ nights and the people who qualify under Marriott legacy terms through 12/31/18 will be upgraded sometime in January. Only Pre August Marriott LTP's were upgraded to LTPP after the August merger.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
The only people that should be seeing MPG LTPP today are those that made MR LTP before the merge. All others will probably have to wait until the sweep at the end of the year. They may not have started the IT effort to figure it out since originally ONLY MR LTPs were going to make the cut.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Do nights paid for with points count towards lifetime status? I'm 30 nights away from Lifetime Platinum
Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by RTWFF
Do nights paid for with points count towards lifetime status? I'm 30 nights away from Lifetime Platinum
Yes.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by hrdjeepzj
I finally merged accounts... nights and points matched up perfectly, including recent stay nights, although my years of platinum was a little higher than expected. Not necessarily wrong though, I may have missed some.

Can please someone remind me if I have the old MR visa, do I still get my 15 elite nights this year, and will those count for lifetime status? If so then I only need a handful of nights before the end of the year beyond my expected stays to get LTPP.

I'm sure this has been covered but I can only find discussion about the new card that won't give elite nights until next year...
The old MR Visa will award the 15 nights on your anniversary. So if those haven't posted for you yet this year, then they should be forthcoming when the anniversary hits.

The new MR Visa awards the 15 nights in January to cardholders as of 12/31, so if you're needing the nights in 2018, do not upgrade until after the nights from the old card have posted.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:45 pm

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
I finally combined my accounts today. I checked my lifetime balance before and after, and all of my SPG activity since 8/18 (stays and SPG Amex) is included.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I got a reply from Marriott on my inaccurate lifetime years issue (short 3 Plat years) but it seemed to be the generic response around past stays/nights not showing (mainly from SPG) and "rest assured your status is accurate". I guess I just need to keep waiting until they get it straightened out. I presume I am showing short due to rollover nights qualification or soft landing.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I sent a request in about 3 weeks ago to Marriott and have not heard back. I'm at 66 nights with my Marriott account, showing 0 lifetime years. I'll hit 75 before the year is out, and waiting patiently until they sort this out. Need this last year to combine with my 9 SPG Plat years (> 750 nights)
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA PP, MR LTTE, was HH/D now Gold
LTPP status requirements

Question about LTPP status requirements:
I am LTP with SPG. Do I need to stay the required 750 nights in lecacy SPG hotels or do count all nights after combining SPG and MR accounts?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Kenji
Question about LTPP status requirements:
I am LTP with SPG. Do I need to stay the required 750 nights in lecacy SPG hotels or do count all nights after combining SPG and MR accounts?
SPG LTPs do not become LTPPs by that alone, only MR LTPs get that. All others need 750 nights after combining accounts and either 10 years status (MR G/P + SPG P) or 2M MR points. And even then, it will be done during a sweep sometime in January (if MPG IT is ready by then).
Old Sep 16, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by swag

The new MR Visa awards the 15 nights in January to cardholders as of 12/31, so if you're needing the nights in 2018, do not upgrade until after the nights from the old card have posted.
But the new program limits to a single 15-night award annually, no?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
But the new program limits to a single 15-night award annually, no?
Correct, though I forget if that rule is in effect now or not until 2019. But in any case, my response to the OP was for this case:
- No credit card nights posted yet for 2018.
- Late-in-year anniversary date for old credit card, so nights not yet posted.
- Need the 15 2018 nights to earn status level.
- Considering upgrading to the new credit card.

In this case, you should wait to upgrade until after the old card anniversary, once the nights (and free night cert) have posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.