Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Old Nov 11, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
It seems my long time issue with the elite years count being wrong under lifetime stats has been corrected. It is now showing as 8 years Platinum with an additional year as Gold. That even exceeds my count by 1. My lifetime status is still showing Silver though but maybe at the end of the year it will re-sync. I am Plat Premier now, so no need for the lifetime status at the moment. I guess next year I will downshift to Platinum since I will have 59 nights for this year. Unfortunately I was 2 platinum years short of getting Plat Premier for life. I have the nights no problem.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dmodemd
It seems my long time issue with the elite years count being wrong under lifetime stats has been corrected. It is now showing as 8 years Platinum with an additional year as Gold. That even exceeds my count by 1.
The correction to the count of status years has been discussed here recently:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...l#post30403905 (starting at post 215)
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:11 pm

Questions for hitting LTP

Based on my app stats below I understand I need 20 nights at Marriott to qualify for LTP this year. I am considering booking award stays at a local cat one property to hit this milestone as I have no travel booked the remainder of this year and it’s doubtful I will have 50 nights next year based on my current project demands; however, I expect my travel to pick back up in 2020 and would like the plat status as I use the 4PM checkout frequently. My accounts are unmerged.

Marriott – LTS, 317 LTN, 6yrs Plat, 30 Nights YTD

SPG – LTG, 306 LTN, 3yrs Plat, 62 Nights YTD

My questions:

1) If I merge accounts into my Marriott account now would I still be eligible to count the remaining nights stayed at Marriot this year towards another year of Plat status?
2) If the above scenario is valid, if I use my 50 night award earned for 5 EQN I assume this would lower my need to 15 nights?
3) I assume booking a five night, fifth night free award stay would still accrue 5 EQN?
4) Other than signing up for credit cards (no interest), any other shortcut to earn the 20 nights I am overlooking?

Thanks
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. If you have not held a meeting yet you can get 10 nights credit for $100 or less; look at the specific thread that informs how to do this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If the 5 nights credit are earned on the SPG side, I wouln't assume that they will count as MR nights for you.

Are your Plat year counts correct?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If the 5 nights credit are earned on the SPG side, I wouln't assume that they will count as MR nights for you.

Are your Plat year counts correct?
The five nights credit would be from the SPG nights. I looked into it and Plat years appear correct for both. Had an SPG year that ended with 48 nights where a 4 night stay that ended Jan1 credited the nights to the new year. Oh well.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by texan52
The five nights credit would be from the SPG nights. I looked into it and Plat years appear correct for both. Had an SPG year that ended with 48 nights where a 4 night stay that ended Jan1 credited the nights to the new year. Oh well.
It's too late now, but IIRC that was incorrect,
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CJKatl
5. If you have not held a meeting yet you can get 10 nights credit for $100 or less; look at the specific thread that informs how to do this.
Earlier in the fall I would certainly agree with that recommendation. But I've seen so many people complain (in the Reward Events thread) about hotels which are very slow (weeks?) to post meetings, that's I'd be concerned (without choosing a hotel which you know based on recent history is quick to post) to have a meeting booked this late in the year and be confident that the 10 nights will post before the end of the year. (I don't what degree of these delays are on the hotel side vs the Marriott side. After all, some people are having big delays with regular stays posting, too .)
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
FWIW, while some of my SPG stays have been late in posting, my MR stays are all posting within the typical 48-hour post-checkout window. Ironically enough, pre-merger you could set your watch to when SPG would send me a "Account updated" text message, while MR stays would post anywhere from 24 to 72 hours post-checkout.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: United Lifetime 1K, Global Service, Marriott LTTE, Hyatt GLobalist, AA MM,Hertz PC, Global Entry
The Real Platinum

i became Platinum when it took 1000 nights and 3,000,000 points.
To me they keep diluting the level and letting everyone in.
And I dont get the upgrades unless I still do the 75 nights per year.
Every Enhancement they bring, l get less
just my 2 cents worth. Now have over 1200 nights.
But like all Rewards programs, its what have you done for me recently.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by shelby101
...Now have over 1200 nights...
Thank you for reminding us that there are still people like you with so few nights. You do realize many of us on this board have far more nights, so it's odd to us that you would feel some sort of entitlement that those of us with more nights don't?

It's not about you being rewarded. This is a marketing program, not a rewards program, despite the name. If Marriott thinks giving lifetime perks to people with 600 nights over a minimum of ten years is the sweet spot where Marriott gets its best return on the investment in the perks, who are you to tell them to not do what maximizes profits on the investment and instead do something that will make you feel special? It's not about making you feel special, it's about maximizing profits. If you don't like it, stop giving Marriott business.
CPRich and GregWTravels like this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
just my 2 cents worth. Now have over 1200 nights.
Strange, I get upgrades just about every stay. Maybe it's because you only have 1200 nights.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:25 pm

i became Platinum when it took 1000 nights and 3,000,000 points.

You still do get the upgrades once you make 75 nights --- It's excellent
I wonder average 3,000 pts/night is standard level of consumption for Marriott? We should realise low-tier property can hardly give us upgrade.

Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
And I don’t get the upgrades unless I still do the 75 nights per year.

This I find a bit confusing. At your LT nights/points you are/will be LTPP (or LTT in the new metalurgical system). That should provide complimentary upgrades as available at check in. The other form of upgrades are the SNAs. You are correct that you need to "earn" those annually, however, you can earn 5 at 50 nights and an additional amount at 75 nights.

Net, I would expect a LTPP to see significant upgrades, not just through SNAs.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by bosman

This I find a bit confusing. At your LT nights/points you are/will be LTPP (or LTT in the new metalurgical system). That should provide complimentary upgrades as available at check in. The other form of upgrades are the SNAs. You are correct that you need to "earn" those annually, however, you can earn 5 at 50 nights and an additional amount at 75 nights.

Net, I would expect a LTPP to see significant upgrades, not just through SNAs.
I think the uber-Plats will step ahead of the LTPs & LTPPs, and maybe they should since they are current revenue and us LTs are past revenue. Don't get me wrong, I like the upgrades just as much as everyone else, but when it comes to deciding which of the two deserve it more, I feel current revenue means more.

I too have 1,234 LT nights after the combination and don't feel it's anywhere near what I guess the true road warriors have accumulated. But I am expecting LTPP come January!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.