Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:18 am

any ideas of where you can "screenshot" your Lifetime points still?

I am over close to 2 Million, but won't get to 750 nights by the EOY, but should am over 500 and 1.6 million right now.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jr1202sr

I am over close to 2 Million, but won't get to 750 nights by the EOY, but should am over 500 and 1.6 million right now.
Only agents can provide that info to you now. So they only way to get a "screenshot" of it is to get it from an agent in writing of some sort. (Or perhaps you could record the conversation with the agent, and instead of a 'screenshot" have a "voice capture"? Keep in mind, in some states you have to get the permission of the other party to record them, in other states you don't, as has been made famous by national news in recent months.)
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by jr1202sr

This was posted on Marriott Insiders, and it works for me. It only shows MR lifetime points. But for me it showed the combined MR/SPG nights.

https://insiders.marriottrewards.com/thread/55601
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by dmodemd
I got a reply from Marriott on my inaccurate lifetime years issue (short 3 Plat years) but it seemed to be the generic response around past stays/nights not showing (mainly from SPG) and "rest assured your status is accurate". I guess I just need to keep waiting until they get it straightened out. I presume I am showing short due to rollover nights qualification or soft landing.
I wrote back a few weeks ago saying their answer is not sufficient and just now I actually got a personal reply that their IT team will research it and get back to them and then we can compare what they state versus data I have. They also said:

"As far as we know, all lifetime tenure years and counts are still being updated and some accounts may or may not reflect the actual true count yet."
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by dmodemd
"As far as we know, all lifetime tenure years and counts are still being updated and some accounts may or may not reflect the actual true count yet."
Sounds like lip service to me...
Old Oct 19, 2018, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by X-ON
Sounds like lip service to me...
CSR speak for I don't want to open that can of worms, go away.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jeanie
This was posted on Marriott Insiders, and it works for me. It only shows MR lifetime points. But for me it showed the combined MR/SPG nights.

https://insiders.marriottrewards.com/thread/55601
this stopped working for me weeks ago
Old Oct 19, 2018, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PrivatePilotDR40
I’m a fairly new to the Marriot/SPG rewards. I have just become Platinum Elite, and want to know as I can not make sense of various wordings of benefits I will get.

I have a booking at the W Hotel in London this week, should I expect an upgrade and if so, so I get a suite? How do the upgrades work, can I book any room and if available I will be upgraded to a suite? Or do I have to book the room under a suite to get the suite upgrade (if available).

If im not upgraded at check in, do you as platinum ask for an upgrade in case they’ve not checked? How can I check if an upgrade is likely?

Also, free breakfast? I don’t see a place in the app to change my welcome benefit to Breakfast? Is this normal?

If someone can explain the upgrade in simple turns that would be great?

Thanks
Upgrades are available up to standard suites based on availability when you check in. So you shouldn’t expect one but you might get one. Can’t hurt to ask at check in. Some properties are better than others.

When checking in via mobile app your welcome benefit is points by default but the front desk can change it for you. I believe it says that on the checkin screen in the app.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
this stopped working for me weeks ago
Well, you're right! I just tried again, and it took me to the new site. I guess that is gone, too.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Michilander_wife just crossed 2M LT MR points, according to our records. Sent an email to Customer Service to verify, as we cannot find LT points online anywhere. Anyway, if she has crossed 2M that should qualify her for LTPP under the old MR rules. What is the consensus here, will this show up soon, or will it only get posted on 1 Jan? Been holding off combining her accounts pending the LTPP qualification.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Michilander
Michilander_wife just crossed 2M LT MR points, according to our records. Sent an email to Customer Service to verify, as we cannot find LT points online anywhere. Anyway, if she has crossed 2M that should qualify her for LTPP under the old MR rules. What is the consensus here, will this show up soon, or will it only get posted on 1 Jan? Been holding off combining her accounts pending the LTPP qualification.
If your wife has over 750 MR legacy nights AND > 2M MR points now, you should be able to call and get her status raised. The system today is using the new rules to determine status. BTW, I have read a few posts of accounts updated to LTPP based upon their combined account. I recently (last week) combined mine and have not seen the change to LTPP yet.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by RogerD408
If your wife has over 750 MR legacy nights AND > 2M MR points now, you should be able to call and get her status raised. The system today is using the new rules to determine status. BTW, I have read a few posts of accounts updated to LTPP based upon their combined account. I recently (last week) combined mine and have not seen the change to LTPP yet.
The "29 Ways to Stay" site shows me as LTPP. I have > 2MM MR points and only exceed 750 nights if SPG nights are included in the total. We'll see if it is correct in January.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
I have had the opposite experience. I was legacy LTP in Marriott before August, and I should have been grandfathered into LTPP after August 18. But I wasn't. I am still LTP. I contacted several people at Marriott, including William, the Starwood Lurker, and no one is willing to change my status to LTPP until the sweep in January.

Originally Posted by rny321
The "29 Ways to Stay" site shows me as LTPP. I have > 2MM MR points and only exceed 750 nights if SPG nights are included in the total. We'll see if it is correct in January.
There are multiple posts in the 29 ways to stay thread about people that show as LTPP on the 29 ways to stay game, but are lifetime gold or platinum in reality. It's probably just another computer glitch. I am showing as LTPP in that game as well. But as soon as I go to the main site, I go back to LTP.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 8:06 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by jeanie
I have had the opposite experience. I was legacy LTP in Marriott before August, and I should have been grandfathered into LTPP after August 18. But I wasn't. I am still LTP. I contacted several people at Marriott, including William, the Starwood Lurker, and no one is willing to change my status to LTPP until the sweep in January.

There are multiple posts in the 29 ways to stay thread about people that show as LTPP on the 29 ways to stay game, but are lifetime gold or platinum in reality. It's probably just another computer glitch. I am showing as LTPP in that game as well. But as soon as I go to the main site, I go back to LTP.
There are also a lot of people whose status is correct, including my wife. In any case, that's why I said we'll see in January.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by rny321
There are also a lot of people whose status is correct, including my wife. In any case, that's why I said we'll see in January.
Since the January sweep hasn't happened yet, I don't think that the 29 ways to stay sight right now has anything to do with January status. My guess is that the status on the 29 ways to stay sight shows the current lifetime status correctly for the vast majority of people. But it is not showing it correctly for others. That is what a computer glitch often is.

After being told by over half a dozen agents that no effort will be made to correct lifetime status until January, that is why I think those are two completely separate issues. And Marriott doing nothing to fix the problem sounds completely plausible to me.

Just my $0.02 based on what I've seen so far in this merger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.