Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Post Your Instant WIN - 29 Ways To Stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: goldenbear
For convenience every day. link to play: https://29ways.marriott.com/

Can now win more than once.

If interested in other free travel sweeps (not confined to MAR), visit the Flyertalk Free Travel Contests & Sweeps forum
Print Wikipost

Post Your Instant WIN - 29 Ways To Stay

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2018, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Won 500 points on day 1 and another 50 today.

Still haven't received my 500 points from day 1.

Took screen shot of both wins.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I won 50 points earlier and printed the screen but apparently didn't get an email. Today I won 50 points again and did get an email confirming this. Another inconsistency.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I won 50 points earlier and printed the screen but apparently didn't get an email. Today I won 50 points again and did get an email confirming this. Another inconsistency.
You took a screenshot to make sure you get your 50 points? Funny.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond; SPG/Marriott - Gold
5,000 points for me today!
margarita girl and ryw like this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jtpc
Day 1 - 50 points
Days 2 to 7 - Nothing
Day 8 - Wouldn't accept my completed play as a contest entry, saying (incorrectly) I'd already played that day, so now I'm short a contest entry. Day 8 isn't checked off on the 29 day tracker, so you'd think it would be obvious I hadn't played that day already, but whatever
Day 9 - 50 points
Same here. But I dont know there is a checker for the days being played?

Firefox continues getting blanks but since the answers do not matter I dont bother to change browser, just keep flipping until it finds a match.
By now everyone should know that it does not matter you get it right or not, nor it has a limited time for you to find the right match. The flipping and Qs are just gimmick to keep you interested - but the winning was so poorly designed that most lost interest until somehow someone in marketing finally realized the ridiculousness.

Still the website continues to be unreliable - "you have already played today.", 404 error, unable to log in, cannot connect to server... IIRC when IHG has this kind of games (at least twice in the past), they never had this kind of hiccups. One of their games was very interesting - with picture and clues that came a little bit more each day during a week's time - you actually really learned something from that game. The other one was true instant win by random drawing.
Supposedly, most people think Marriott is a brand above IHG... but this merger has taught us otherwise.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 3:03 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What play history? Can you somehow pick the brand you want to play today? I thought there was a brand of the day, the same for everyone.
It is same brand of the day for everyone. I was trying to (cheekily) refer to each day by its brand when referring to logging in to play Element trivia. I guess the more precise version is "I tried to log in on day 8, which showed me trivia questions about Element".

"Play history" I was referring to clicking on the link that shows up when you log in that says "Check out the brands you've matched and the brands yet to be discovered >" and shows you which days you played (indicated by a checkmark or no checkmark). The problem on Day 8/Element was that I got the message that I had already played when I had not yet played and that there was no check mark on Day 8/Element. (Which seems to have happened to a lot of folks).
Old Oct 19, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by cur
i won 50 points on day three and i won 50 points today, day 9.
Same here, as I played again today! I wish it was more points, but at least I won....
Old Oct 19, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
then 3000 today
Old Oct 19, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, Aeroplan 25K
First day - 500 for me, 50 for my Mom

Today - 50 for me, 1000 for my Mom
Old Oct 19, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by zappy312
That's my guess. Unless they use 11am ET as the cutoff since that's what time the contest started? This is really a mess with nothing clearly defined. I used to hate the Starbucks for Life contest, but somehow this is worse. Although it took them a few years before they got that right.
I think it might be something like that. I tried to play this morning (around 10 AM ET) and was told I had already played today but had no problem playing this afternoon and winning 50 points! I thought it might be 24-hour thing - but I played at like 10 PM last night, so there appears to be a non-intuitive reset time sometime during the day. I'm going to try again tomorrow and see if I get the same results.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I just won 4,000 points in today’s Delta game. I definitely took a screenshot of that! I’m happy as I normally don’t win anything in these games.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 12:40 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by fumje
So when do these pittances of points post?
As mentioned in the rules, 8-10 weeks after the sweepstakes ends - which, again, is typical of many sweepstakes & not unique to MAR.

Originally Posted by KRSW
Dumb question. I don't do a lot of sweepstakes/contests, but are they allowed to change the rules mid-stream? Seems rather dodgy to me.
Technically they can (some legalese in the rules), but usually not to the detriment of those entering. One would be hard pressed to say that suddenly opening up the sweeps to daily instant wins from a 1-time instant win is to the detriment of those entering. Of course, this being FT, I'm sure someone can come up w/ a reason why it's a bad thing

Cheers.
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 12:44 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Won another 50 points. Didn't get an email confirmation from yest's, so we'll see if I get one from tonight's. So far I'm up 600 points. And before everyone poo-poohs it, to me it's not a big deal that I haven't won more, although obviously I hope to do so. It literally takes 1 minute to enter & I find doing the matching thing amusing, plus I'm learning something about the brands, which is also part of the purpose of the sweeps.

Cheers.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 2:43 am

Day 1 - 50 points
Day 2-8 - entry
Day 9 - error message
Day 10 - 50 points
Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:30 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
I've officially won more playing Mega Millions than I have in this promo. In the age of Trump, I thought we were supposed to be winning so much that we would be sick of winning. Turns out that I'm just sick of Marriott.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.