Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott - Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 12, 2018, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (JWM)
4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2,
Bangkok 10110, Thailand
HOTEL EMAIL ADDRESS: [email protected].

Located between the Phloen Chit and Nana BTS Stations. Attached by a sky tunnel at its 2nd floor with the adjacent Ploenchit Center mall which has a supermarket at the basement level. This property has one the biggest executive lounges in Bangkok.

Photo album of this property: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz...57622147537990
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott - Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Excellent review and pics @escape4. Suite looks very much like the one I had back in Oct, but I had a powder room instead of a kitchen, and yes, very tired room, but it was clean and I was happy with the size.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 11:48 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
This property used to be the crown jewel of all Bangkok Marriott properties. Haven't stayed here since 2012, what are the current benefits for Platinum Premier members in the new program?

Any updates on the renovations?

Thank you
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by Kalboz
This property used to be the crown jewel of all Bangkok Marriott properties. Haven't stayed here since 2012, what are the current benefits for Platinum Premier members in the new program?

Any updates on the renovations?

Thank you
I'm staying the property now, until Friday. I will see what I can find out about the renovations. With regard to Plat benefits there is only one change that I have noticed and it's an improvement! Instead of being allowed three items per day for pressing, it's now three items per day for laundry.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
OK, the latest on the refurbishments at the JW. Work has stopped for this year. So far they have done up to floor 15, including a complete overhaul of the JW Café. The next phase of work to complete the remaining floors (16 and up) is due to start in April and complete by October 2019. There will be some redecoration of the Executive Lounge so that will be closed for some period during those months but details of alternative arrangements etc are not known yet. I have seen one of the new rooms and I like the overall style.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:06 pm

No booze by the pool - Thai Law

Ocassionally I do like to have a beer or some other alcoholic beverage while sitting by the pool. However as the pool at the JW is part of their health club and spa they are now forbidden by Thai law to serve alcohol.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It would be nice to see some more reviews on the upgraded rooms. We plan to use our 7 night cert at this property next year..
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:13 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by bluestrudels
It would be nice to see some more reviews on the upgraded rooms. We plan to use our 7 night cert at this property next year..
And also an update on the current benefits for Platinum Premier members in the new program would be nice!
Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Kalboz
And also an update on the current benefits for Platinum Premier members in the new program would be nice!
As I said earlier the Platinum Benefits are unchanged as far as I could see.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by bluestrudels
I did not stay in one of the new rooms but I was given a guided tour. They have a nice modern feel to them, but with a definite Thai feel from the decorations. The one minor problem that the hotel are addressing is the table. It is basically a dining table not really designed as a work table which people have complained about. If you are planning on going next year I would be careful to avoid the months April to October as that is when the remaining floors (16 to 24) will be refurbed and the Exec Lounge will be closed for part of that period.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:16 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
I've recently stayed in one of the new suites and was very impressed, really a big step forward compared to the old ones. Personally I prefer them to the SGS renovated suites too as they have a slightly more contemporary feel to them. If they would make breakfast at the JW cafe an official plat benefit I would be very tempted to switch my business across to the JW even with a location that doesn't work as well for me. (I am 50+ stays at the SGS)
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by johnaalex
Ocassionally I do like to have a beer or some other alcoholic beverage while sitting by the pool. However as the pool at the JW is part of their health club and spa they are now forbidden by Thai law to serve alcohol.
Huh? Would you add some detail to this, please? I'm clearly missing something here.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Have they been able to give the bathrooms a premium feel during the renovations?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Huh? Would you add some detail to this, please? I'm clearly missing something here.
A new law was passed in Thailand this year prohibiting the sale of alcohol in spas and health clubs. As the pool at the JW is seen as an integrated part of the hotel's spa, they cannot serve any booze. I believe the hotel has already been warned, possibly fined, when they were found to be breaking the law so now they are being extra cautious.

Originally Posted by tai4de2
Have they been able to give the bathrooms a premium feel during the renovations?
I definitely think so. Everything in the room is modern.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Yep the renovated bathrooms are way way better
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: AA-EXP,MAR-LTP;WoH-E;HH-G
Originally Posted by newshound
...If they would make breakfast at the JW cafe an official plat benefit...
I just stayed at the JW for 3 weeks in February. When I was being checked in at the lounge (as a LT Plat) I was told I could have breakfast in the lounge or the cafe down stairs. I used both. When the bill comes for breakfast, it's a $0 charge in the Cafe.

On another note, wife took advantage of the 3 pieces of laundry per day most days - nice benefit.
Kalboz and bluestrudels like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.