Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott CEO Asks Unhappy Members To Hold Tight, Platform Is Stabilized

Marriott CEO Asks Unhappy Members To Hold Tight, Platform Is Stabilized

Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I guess loyalty program is like business transaction.

If MR benefit outweigh the cost and the hassle, then people will still flock to it.

And if MR keep devalue their program until onthing worth, people will leave

Currently I still satisfy with MR benefits .... so I will stay
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Made a reservation online, received a confirmation email. But that reservation NEVER showed up in my account. Called PLT desk to have it added to no avail.
Called the hotel to do same. Still didn't showup on my account. I might have to either change hotel or cancel it (I hate to have to call to cancel!) and rebook. I happen to like this property!
Frustrated!
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JBord
I don't disagree with any of that. They certainly have some problems to fix. But the incessant whining (in writing) about how Marriott is a horrible company that will never recover and will never be SPG is unfounded. Well, maybe not the last part. If they wanted to be SPG, the acquisition would have gone the other way.
I wouldn't say Marriott is a "horrible company" (nor would I think most loyal Starwood folks say that).

What I (and I'm guessing others) WOULD say is that it is an eternally mediocre, uninspiring, archaic, often tone deaf company, and the last couple months are proving it in spades.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
I am starting to disagree heavily with the comment the platform is stabilized...yesterday made a reservation, got a confirmation email. Reservation does not appear in My Account. Tried to look up reservation with the confirmation #, no luck. Site says they can't find any reservation. Now, I'm going to have to call customer service or the hotel to make sure the reservation for which I booked on Marriott.com, and received an email, actually exists!
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Reading about plenty of reservation issue, I think Im quite lucky that I dont have any Marriott stays planned until November. Will definitely have some in January. Can only hope the platform really stabilised by then

Got couple of stays at non Marwood hotels for these couple of months though.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I wouldn't say Marriott is a "horrible company" (nor would I think most loyal Starwood folks say that).

What I (and I'm guessing others) WOULD say is that it is an eternally mediocre, uninspiring, archaic, often tone deaf company, and the last couple months are proving it in spades.
I'd add often boring and frequently tacky to those descriptors.
remymartin and supatight80 like this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by dcstudent
I am starting to disagree heavily with the comment the platform is stabilized...yesterday made a reservation, got a confirmation email. Reservation does not appear in My Account. Tried to look up reservation with the confirmation #, no luck. Site says they can't find any reservation. Now, I'm going to have to call customer service or the hotel to make sure the reservation for which I booked on Marriott.com, and received an email, actually exists!
"stabilized" is standard weasel wording... it can just mean the "system is green light turned on and running". Which basically means there are still many FUBAR things that are up and running.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by dcstudent
Just your clueless CEO or his staff is keeping him in the dark. Many talk about walking away, but if they don't feed that back to Arne, then he's never going to know. Forward your folios for stays where you could have used an MPG property and they may recog ize it as lost revenue. Shareholders will not like that.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Who's still holding tight?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Even the Points Guy ran a critical post today... once you get those PR fronts being critical, then you know things are falling apart
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 1:18 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
me! Supatight is holding tight
damon88 likes this.

Last edited by supatight80; Oct 11, 2018 at 2:06 am
Old Oct 11, 2018, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I am too, but as I said earlier, it’s awfully slimy.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 2:59 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Maybe other have noticed this ... but the points posting are way off ... had a recent stay at a London hotel (Moxy) before VAT it was 70 GBP approx 90 USD I was awarded 75 base points .... according to the T&C "earn 10 points per US$1 spent on eligible hotel charges, except at Element®, Residence Inn® and TownePlace Suites® hotels, where you’ll earn five points per eligible US$1.", i.e the awarded rate would indicate a rate of 7.50 USD /night ... I would love to pay that for a hotel in London .... Stable platform ... Mickey Mouse Platform rather ... I see similar on all my recent UK stays ...Luckily I have soft copies of all my recent folios but I have to do an audit of all previous stays put together a spread sheet send that sheet into MR together with all folios all because of Mr Sorensens "Stable Platform" ...What a clown ...
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 4:27 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Anecdotally I’m seeing that a significant proportion of stays are posting wrong (is it 5%, 10%, 25%?), but of course most of the time guests won’t notice and Marriott doesn’t seem to understand their complicated rules, so it’s unlikely this is actually understood at the moment.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by SHLTP
Even the Points Guy ran a critical post today... once you get those PR fronts being critical, then you know things are falling apart
They probably pulled his credit card referral fee so now he can actually post something critical!

Just an example of an annoying issue I had yesterday, I kept getting check-in notifications on the app for a stay I had cancelled last week. And YES, I had signed in and out of the app since cancelling the stay and it wasn't showing in my reservations anymore even though I was getting the notifications.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.