Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
I received what I think are points and nights from an 8/17-8/19 stay though the details are not showing under Activity so there's no way to be sure
Same for me. Points are being deposited into my account and the total is changing, but nothing shows in activity so that I can verify the math.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Nazdoom
Same for me. Points are being deposited into my account and the total is changing, but nothing shows in activity so that I can verify the math.
There is always a need to: "Trust, but verify."
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:50 am

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Originally Posted by carlitos
I am missing three stays that happened from July 26 to August the 5th. Last stay that posted for me was a four night stay from the 22nd to the 26th of July. Send a missing stay report for one of the 3 missing stays as soon as the 10 day mark elapsed, and still Nothing. Just frustrating ...

This is such a mess. First Marriott states as their excuse [new tc’s reposted by William SPG Lurker in another thread) that stays can take 10 days to post and if they don’t post to fill out a missing stay request.

Then on the missing stay request page it says to wait 10 more days and if it still doesn’t post you have to call into Marriott Guest Services. Good luck with that!

Missing Stay Request

Thank you for submitting your missing stay request. Please allow 10 business days for processing. After this time, please check your account to see that your account has been credited.

If, after 10 business days, your points do not appear, please contact Marriott Rewards Guest Services.

Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Bigshaker

This is such a mess. First Marriott states as their excuse [new tc’s reposted by William SPG Lurker in another thread) that stays can take 10 days to post and if they don’t post to fill out a missing stay request.

Then on the missing stay request page it says to wait 10 more days and if it still doesn’t post you have to call into Marriott Guest Services. Good luck with that! [h3]Missing Stay RequestThank you for submitting your missing stay request. Please allow 10 business days for processing. After this time, please check your account to see that your account has been credited.

If, after 10 business days, your points do not appear, please contact Marriott Rewards Guest Services.

The tweeter team is just directing people to the web page to submit the form...
Old Sep 2, 2018, 2:25 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Nazdoom
Same here. They did finally respond to and post the nights and points, but I suspect I'm missing the green points but no way to verify the math. I suppose it's only 1500 points at stake, and it's not like I need them any time soon...
Old Sep 2, 2018, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
So I logged onto my Marriot account via desk top, and I got this message.

A note to our valued members,

On August 18 our combined loyalty program launched. For some of you, this raised questions and at times, issues, around your account reflecting accurate and current information. We truly apologize for the challenges you may have experienced. Please rest assured, we have all the records in hand and we will continue to populate accounts that may be impacted (reminder: normally we post updates on your stays 72 hours after a stay).

If you wish to add up all nights, points and stays across your Rewards and SPG accounts into one, you must take the active step to combine accounts, even if you had already linked prior to August 18th. While this extra step might feel redundant, this puts the control for deciding which account profile, along with account preferences, into your hands.

We are continuing to update the Frequently Asked Questions on our status pagebased on our members’ questions, to help guide you through the changes. Of course, we’re always happy to hear from you if your question is not covered there. You can reach our customer engagement professionals here.

Thank you again for your patience and for your loyalty.

Epic fail....
Old Sep 2, 2018, 4:43 pm

I've had the total points and nights update a few days after stays, but the last transaction under "Activities" is from before August 18, nothing recently (as recent as last weekend).
Old Sep 2, 2018, 5:26 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Please rest assured, we have all the records in hand and we will continue to populate accounts that may be impacted (reminder: normally we post updates on your stays 72 hours after a stay).

We are continuing to update the Frequently Asked Questions on our status pagebased on our members’ questions, to help guide you through the changes. Of course, we’re always happy to hear from you if your question is not covered there. You can reach our customer engagement professionals here.

Thank you again for your patience and for your loyalty.

Epic fail....
This is such crap, Epic Fail for sure. Same message many of us got a few days ago when logging in.

-Sure you post our stay updates within 72 hours...thanks for the reminder.

-We have an FAQ page based on your questions? Really! No you don’t, the FAQ page is the same canned QA crap that’s been there all along. Nothing new since Aug 18th disaster day.

Here’s a funny one from the QA page for everyone out there missing points from your stays..

Q: How do I ensure I get my miles or points for my stay?
A: Always be sure to provide your Membership Number when you make a reservation or when you check into the hotel.

Marriott is just awful at customer communication. It’s simply pathetic.
Thanks for the update Marriott. We are all good, no issues here.

Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:54 am

My credit card points haven't posted yet, when they always post by the 27th of the month, the 28th of the month at the absolute latest. These points will push me over 2 million lifetime points. The stays I have planned for the rest of the year will get me pretty close to 750 nights lifetime, not counting the 15 nights annual credit nights or bonus nights from credit card spend.

Getting impatient.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:35 pm

I am missing a stay from July 29, but my Labor Day weekend stay from a former Starwood hotel posted already.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
Originally Posted by caburrito
I've had the total points and nights update a few days after stays, but the last transaction under "Activities" is from before August 18, nothing recently (as recent as last weekend).
Mine was the same in early sept posts, but today the activity detail did show up for a 8-31 RI stay + a Sept Sheraton stay. Points and stay nights are correct now.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
I booked two rooms during one stay. One room posted and the other did not. In addition, I should have earned about 165K total from the reservation. Instead, I earned 18K.

The stay was booked before the merger, started after the merger.

Last edited by sinfonia; Sep 7, 2018 at 9:29 am Reason: Added info
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by sinfonia
I booked two rooms during one stay. One room posted and the other did not. In addition, I should have earned about 165K total from the reservation. Instead, I earned 18K.

The stay was booked before the merger, started after the merger.
It's not uncommon for second room to go missing. I think some back-office agents figure only points for one room to be the rule like it is for nights. Did you pickup the folios for both rooms? Submitting a missing stay report may get someone to look at it. Remember, you need to pay for both rooms to get credit, so if someone else paid, you may be out of luck.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I just had a stay from the night of 8/17 post yesterday.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by RogerD408
It's not uncommon for second room to go missing. I think some back-office agents figure only points for one room to be the rule like it is for nights. Did you pickup the folios for both rooms? Submitting a missing stay report may get someone to look at it. Remember, you need to pay for both rooms to get credit, so if someone else paid, you may be out of luck.
Wait. This is news to me. If someone else pays - another individual - not a room block, not master billing, not insurance, not a company, but a person - I still do not get points? I am asking because I have received points this way before and told that if it was a company paying, I would not, but if it is an individual, I would.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.