Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott hotels email addresses (Discussion Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 26, 2019, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
NOTE: no longer working (as reported Jan 2022 in post 195)

(Adapted from post # 165 from Fizzer)

1. Find the hotel's MARSHA code:

Go to or Google the hotel's web site, e.g. for the Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...s-on-sand-key/

The MARSHA code in this case is the 5-letter string in the URL before the property name: tpams

(FT shortens links for display; click on the link to see the full link in your browser's URL field)

2. Click on the following link, then change the MARSHA code for the property you want in place of tpams:

(or right click -> Copy Link -> Paste and substitute the code before pressing Enter)

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...rshaCode=tpams

3. Open the "Essentials" tab to find concierge and property email address.
Print Wikipost

Marriott hotels email addresses (Discussion Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2018, 7:00 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Talking

Originally Posted by RogerD408
I agree deleting the email addresses was stupid, but then again with this multi-modal means of communicating, you're not going to satisfy everyone. Maybe they believe emails are for people and not properties so they don't want to commit/publish someone's name on the website. All we can do is guess at this point.

Personally, I use faxzero.com for those that insist upon using archaic tools. Any guesses that received faxes are actually picked up and forwarded by email? I do have a fax number (J2) for those requests once every few years.

Should we start a Wiki on this thread to collect email addresses?
then how the hotel should reply back to the query? Email the customer?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob

Should we start a Wiki on this thread to collect email addresses?
I suggested posting the various email addresses on the wiki of each hotel's master thread. I've posted at least a dozen I've picked up along the way, mostly legacy Starwood properties.
EuropeanPete, bhrubin and HHQX888 like this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
I once worked in a hotel Reservations Department that had a public email address listed on the website. While Disclaimers and auto-replies make perfect sense, they are ignored by guests. I was responsible for that email address for years. Never once did I see someone who sent an email requesting a modification or cancelation do what the auto-reply said (i.e. call Central Reservations now or call us back during normal business hours). Not once.
... thus raising the inevitable question: Why would a hotel publish an email address if all it does is have an auto-reply that says to call on the phone?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 4:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
... thus raising the inevitable question: Why would a hotel publish an email address if all it does is have an auto-reply that says to call on the phone?
because its Marriott they also don't answer the phone
EuropeanPete, KRSW and remymartin like this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by lingua101

then how the hotel should reply back to the query? Email the customer?
I have no doubt the staff actually have email, it's just Marriott's policy to not publish a generic address on the webpages. And, as should be done in all communications, specifying how they can contact you should be listed, be it fax, email, telephone, etc.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by chad75
Recently had a shocking time trying to organise an airport transfer at the St Regis Istanbul. At the end they basically said email is the preferred method to do such things. Well no - do they not realise that the email contacts have been scrubbed from their website? At least I got an email address for future reference.
Finally a post that makes sense.

There have been dozens of times that I have tried to arrange airport transfer with the hotel only to be told to send an email request. When I doublecheck the email and where it could be found...they answer if usually that you have to call in and speak with one, two or even three staff to get it. Ridiculous.

Two examples for me in the past 24 hours:

Fairmont Quasar Istanbul
- emailed the GM who's card I had from a previous stay and received a reply within an hour that he was travelling and that staff would be in touch. Totally fine. Except no follow-up from anyone yet and it has been 36 hours and counting. I will now have to call in an find out what it going on.

Fairmont Singapore
- emailed the Concierge Team to confirm airport transfer and received confirmation within 30 minutes. Excellent service.

If Marriott thinks that stays at their higher end properties do not involve email these days, the management are clueless.

But then again, this coming from a company with a website containing unacceptable errors like below:

NEW HOTEL

Residence Inn Calgary Downtown/Beltline District

610 10th Avenue SW Calgary, Alberta T2R 1M3
0.5 miles from destination
Hotel opening in July, 2017Opening Soon Mar 2019
Old Dec 9, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
I have no doubt the staff actually have email, it's just Marriott's policy to not publish a generic address on the webpages. And, as should be done in all communications, specifying how they can contact you should be listed, be it fax, email, telephone, etc.
of course. This is precisely the question why Marriott does not want to publish it in this digital era?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Because Marriott is anti-transparency.
  • No e-mail addresses
  • Can't request Your24 easily online anymore
  • More opaque / lower function search tools
  • Can't leave a hotel review unless "invited"
  • Can't see a breakdown of bonus points posted.
  • No online Platinum Chat or the like
  • Can't see where SNAs have been applied
  • No Ambassador phone number listed on the app anymore
I'm sure there are others. Classic oligopolist behavior.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by lingua101

of course. This is precisely the question why Marriott does not want to publish it in this digital era?
My guess is Marriott management does not embrace the digital era. Maybe this is because of how they got burned trying to update their rooms without desks because that was supposedly what the millennials.wanted. Reality, in my view, was that was what the consultants sold them as needed to draw more guests, WRONG.

My office hired a team to come in advise what changes were needed. They interviewed the staff and presented the very same thing we'd been asking for and it was accepted as gospel and they got paid a big sum for something that was otherwise free.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 5:33 pm

I find getting emails in advance of stays to be quite handy and I agree it is sad Marriott doesn't make it easy. Some properties proactively email you from their executive lounge to give general info, but it's not very often.

I've always had luck getting email addresses for specific properties by reaching out to Marriott via social media. In at least one case they had old info on file for a Protea while I was trying to arrange airport transfer. It took several days and emails to get ahold of someone, but Marriott escalated the issue to the hotel management (even though I didn't raise a complaint). It settled itself out while I was at the airport right before departure (HKG-JNB) and when I arrived, the manager who checked me in had a printout of my Twitter DMs with Marriott in a large envelope with my name.

The property found me a standard room to check me in early at 9AM, so I could shower and relax before they got an upgraded room, probably due to this (proactively offered).
bhrubin likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:05 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Finally a post that makes sense.

There have been dozens of times that I have tried to arrange airport transfer with the hotel only to be told to send an email request. When I doublecheck the email and where it could be found...they answer if usually that you have to call in and speak with one, two or even three staff to get it. Ridiculous.

Two examples for me in the past 24 hours:

Fairmont Quasar Istanbul
- emailed the GM who's card I had from a previous stay and received a reply within an hour that he was travelling and that staff would be in touch. Totally fine. Except no follow-up from anyone yet and it has been 36 hours and counting. I will now have to call in an find out what it going on.

Fairmont Singapore
- emailed the Concierge Team to confirm airport transfer and received confirmation within 30 minutes. Excellent service.

If Marriott thinks that stays at their higher end properties do not involve email these days, the management are clueless.

But then again, this coming from a company with a website containing unacceptable errors like below:
The St Regis Istanbul charges around 190 euro (all in) for an airport pickup in an E Class - if people, like me , are willing to pay such extremely marked up prices why not make it as easy as possible? SPG was far from perfect but they at least understood this. In the end I just gave up and ended up in a S Class from Black Lane for around 60 euro.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:27 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
I have also been annoyed by this Marriott change.

I have collected many email addresses from different properties over the last 1.5 years though so very happy to contribute them to a Wiki.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:39 pm

Can anyone kindly share an email for Shanghai Yu Garden Renaissance Hotel or the manager Emma?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:10 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Ex-Sheraton email addresses gone?

The email addresses I used to use for some Sheraton hotels seem to be bouncing now, and I cannot see any email addresses listed for individual hotels on Marriott website.

Is the only way to reach the hotel by email calling them to ask, unless I can find their replacement email address somewhere online, or is there a standard 'conversion formula' from their old email addresses to the Marriott ones?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
The email addresses I used to use for some Sheraton hotels seem to be bouncing now, and I cannot see any email addresses listed for individual hotels on Marriott website.

Is the only way to reach the hotel by email calling them to ask, unless I can find their replacement email address somewhere online, or is there a standard 'conversion formula' from their old email addresses to the Marriott ones?
Marriott have removed all of the email contacts from the hotel pages.

Either call or wait until you get a pre arrival email from the hotel. My experience is that Sheraton normally sends that to elite members.
​​​​​​
LTN Phobia likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.