Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Chicago NW - Do they check age for senior rates?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Chicago NW - Do they check age for senior rates?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Question Westin - Do they check age for senior rates?

Not quite 62 yet. Will I be denied if I book with senior rates? Anyone have experience with this?

Last edited by occasional; Sep 24, 2018 at 7:54 am
Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm sorry to be harsh, but I would hope they do, as deliberately using a rate to which you are not entitled is cheating if not fraud. Some front desk clerks might forget to ask for whatever cards are required for certain rates, but AGE is something that is obviously easily apparent on any photo ID you would show at check in.

Instead of worrying and risking being charged rack rate, why not just make a reservation based on a rate that you *are* entitled to use and pay a few more dollars if necessary? Alternatively, pick some other cheaper hotel that offers a similar room rate under some rate plan that you *are* entitled to use.
anniegray and hnewman like this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Want advice as to how to commit a $26 fraud?

Seriously.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: LT Mariott Platinum?, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver, AA Gold, Amtrak Nothing.
Since I stumbled onto this thread, I was under the impression that only one of the people staying in the room needs to be 62 to get the senior rate. Is that correct? If so, does the person in question need to be named on the reservation itself (e.g. as an additional name in addition to the person whose MR # is being used). Thanks.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by copyright1997
Since I stumbled onto this thread, I was under the impression that only one of the people staying in the room needs to be 62 to get the senior rate. Is that correct? If so, does the person in question need to be named on the reservation itself (e.g. as an additional name in addition to the person whose MR # is being used). Thanks.
AFAIK yes and yes, but the age 62 threshold isn't uniform for senior rates; you really should check the rate plan rules for each particular hotel during the booking process.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 4:38 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by copyright1997
My experience this August was that front desks, upon check-in, neither asked for age verification nor required the 62 yr old on the reservation. This was at a mix of legacy SPG and Marriott properties. We had two rooms under the Senior rate and only one our group of five is 62+. The rate details on booking said it was limited to 2 rooms with the senior discount.
occasional likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by somedude3210
My experience this August was that front desks, upon check-in, neither asked for age verification nor required the 62 yr old on the reservation. This was at a mix of legacy SPG and Marriott properties. We had two rooms under the Senior rate and only one our group of five is 62+. The rate details on booking said it was limited to 2 rooms with the senior discount.
Thank you, finally a helpful answer.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by somedude3210
How do you know that the hotel didn't check for age 62? This would be apparent on any photo ID, and it's very rare that a Starriott doesn't require photo ID at check in.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:35 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How do you know that the hotel didn't check for age 62? This would be apparent on any photo ID, and it's very rare that a Starriott doesn't require photo ID at check in.
Well let me re-phrase it: the hotels checked my ID when checking in and I'm nowhere near 62. Our 62 yr old family member could have provided his ID and been registered on the room if requested, but none of the properties did so.
occasional likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.