Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PP walked at Albuquerque Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I have said this so many times. Plus, at least one of the Marriott-branded credit cards is called "premier." So, someone could think they are platinum premier when, in reality, they are platinum with a premier credit card. The naming convention, or lack thereof, is a joke.Then again, they also launched the new, unified program without having a name for it until 2019.

And as others have said, if everyone is platinum premier then nobody is platinum premier.
Add it to the list but IMO that's way down at the bottom of the list. A "regular" Platinum shouldn't be getting walked either. And if they do, the hotel should eagerly give them the required compensation.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
That sucks for the OP.Especially being sent to a HI!

Logic dictates that if everyone has priority, then nobody has priority.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by Plumber

This isn't an excuse. It's a 411 room hotel. Even at the most elite-heavy hotels, at least 25% (and usually 50%+) of the customers checking in on a given day or not Platinums (much less PPs). Admittedly there can be other things afoot (groups, etc) but I can guarantee you that there were others that should have been lower down the list.

Regardless, even if it was true that everyone that checked in that day was Plat Premier (doubtful), the hotel should have had a very packaged apology set up (ideally with a warning call / email before the person even arrived).

I'm usually pretty easy going when it comes to elite benefits but this is the most base violation of expectations ("I have a room to stay in tonight"). Don't make this about "if everyone is elite..." and make excuses to normalize this sort of treatment.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I have said this so many times. Plus, at least one of the Marriott-branded credit cards is called "premier." So, someone could think they are platinum premier when, in reality, they are platinum with a premier credit card. The naming convention, or lack thereof, is a joke.Then again, they also launched the new, unified program without having a name for it until 2019.

And as others have said, if everyone is platinum premier then nobody is platinum premier.
......and someone who isn't a Starriott elite at all but has the "premier" credit card could be confused for a PP by hotel front desk agents.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by ethernal
... the hotel should have had a very packaged apology set up (ideally with a warning call / email before the person even arrived).
Wow. Not an excuse at all....but perhaps the reality we will face at certain properties. Logic dictates that.

I agree with you 100% that the hotel should act differently. I would be livid. But no matter how much I may wish for the hotel to act in an appropriate manner, that is NOT how the property acted.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
......and someone who isn't a Starriott elite at all but has the "premier" credit card could be confused for a PP by hotel front desk agents.
I doubt that but ... I've seen people come up to the airport gate and ask to be upgraded because they have an airline credit card.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA,UAL Gold,AS,DL,MRD PP
Originally Posted by Plumber

I wish it was a Holiday Inn!! Instead it was a Holiday Inn EXPRESS with wall paper peeling off the wall and a broken queen size bed.

As for an update - Nothing has been credited to my account for being walked- No 90,000 pts offered by manager, no 100,000 pts offered by the desk agent, no credit for stay.

Email to the GM of Albuquerque Marriott has gone unanswered. I think it is obvious the concern Marriott has for loyalty members!

Last edited by wvactions; Sep 25, 2018 at 3:46 pm
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wvactions
2 double beds one of which is broken and leaning at a 45 degree angle.
Am I the only one who immediately forgot about everything else in this thread and thought "I want to see a photo of THAT!"

I agree with the posters who suggest that you should take whatever action you can to prevent being walked when you know you are going to show up late. Usually, that's completing the OLCI process and sending an in-app chat to the hotel re-emphasizing your arrival time. That said, this is still a colossal screw up and the OP deserves the full benefits - if not more for getting walked to an inferior hotel and having to spend way too much additional time dealing with this when, in fact, the benefits are clear-cut and should not require extensive conversation with anyone.

The new suggestion that I had not thought of before was to phone the other hotel before you leave the Marriott to confirm that they have your reservation, a room ready for you, and a process by which to bill Marriott for it.

I also don't buy the "everyone is Platinum" excuse. The current population of Platinum Premiers is, at most, the previous population of Platinums plus PP's. I was an "old" Marriott Gold, "new" Platinum Premier, and I would not have expected this treatment as an old Gold, much less an old Plat. Sounds like a really bad Marriott overall.

In the Holiday Inn world, I actually choose HIX over HI whenever I have a choice. They are usually newer, in better condition, and have breakfast for everyone. (Not a particularly good one, but it's something.) But I guess even the HIX's are starting to wear down now...at least in ABQ...
wrp96 likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA,UAL Gold,AS,DL,MRD PP
Originally Posted by pinniped
Am I the only one who immediately forgot about everything else in this thread and thought "I want to see a photo of THAT!"
Wish I would had pictures of the room and the location, but I did not think of it at the time.

Last edited by wvactions; Sep 25, 2018 at 11:47 pm
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:52 pm

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Unfortunately, in January the dog will become LTPP.
You believe the January sweep will work? Gullible. Have you learned nothing? The dog will be gold and the support line will only be available to cats
margarita girl, Plumber and wrp96 like this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by flying_geek
You believe the January sweep will work? Gullible. Have you learned nothing? The dog will be gold and the support line will only be available to cats
That sounds about right!
Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Just wondering as I've never had to use this T&C -- does someone have the link handy? Would be worth bookmarking into my phone.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cerberus
Just wondering as I've never had to use this T&C -- does someone have the link handy? Would be worth bookmarking into my phone.
It is inside the Loyalty Program T&Cs. There is NO a link for this benefit itself, but the Loyalty Program T&Cs has a section regarding this, in section 4, Elite Membership, specifically in 4.3 subsection.

https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi

I would make a PDF file and save it on a tablet so you can scroll down to the relevant section much easier than on a SmartPhone screen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.