Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite - years needed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite - years needed?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:14 pm

I tried pouring over posts, but still am not fully clear on the below scenario. What do you think:

I've got an SPG account and MR account that are linked, but not merged.

SPG lifetime nights: 650
SPG current status: Platinum from staying 50 nights this year
SPG years as Platinum: 9 (including this year)
MR lifetime nights: 92
MR current status: Platinum via linked account. Only have stayed 6 nights this year
MR years as Platinum: 0

Question: What is the easiest path to Platinum Premier Elite lifetime status?

I'm hoping the answer is stay 44 nights at legacy Marriott properties. Or would it be 69 nights to Platinum Premier as I am already considered "Platinum" and 50 won't get me the 10th year?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by ZebAce
I'm hoping the answer is stay 44 nights at legacy Marriott properties.
That is the lone answer, yes. This could include point stays, CC certificates, etc. Just be advised that you may not see the legacy MR Plat year post until sometime in the future (possible 31 Dec / 1 Jan or later sweep). Some traffic about that silliness and uncertainty in recent days.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:52 pm

I have an odd situation. I'm currently a LTS, and, while I have enough nights for LTG under the remaining old program, based on points, I won't make it to 1.6 Mil by 12/31/2018, so I'm SOL on that. I don't really care because I always make it to Plat anyway.

Here's what the website says I have. The number of nights is correct. What is also correct is that every year I have been a member, I have been Plat based on the number of nights I have had. What is NOT correct is the years. I have only been a member since 2015.

Now, I'm not complaining, but I'm not about to alert them of their mistake either, unless there is some small print in the rewards program that I'm unaware of, I'm still 3 years away from LTG (or whatever it's called now, LTP I think). My only issue is, don't suddenly make me a LTP next year, then take it away from me.

I've heard about people not having their points reported...but this is kind of the opposite. I assume it will all get worked out some day.

Lifetime Stats
Nights: 506
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 6
Years as Gold or Platinum: 6
Years as Platinum: 6
Old Sep 21, 2018, 10:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jrich7970
I have an odd situation. I'm currently a LTS, and, while I have enough nights for LTG under the remaining old program, based on points, I won't make it to 1.6 Mil by 12/31/2018, so I'm SOL on that. I don't really care because I always make it to Plat anyway.

Here's what the website says I have. The number of nights is correct. What is also correct is that every year I have been a member, I have been Plat based on the number of nights I have had. What is NOT correct is the years. I have only been a member since 2015.

Now, I'm not complaining, but I'm not about to alert them of their mistake either, unless there is some small print in the rewards program that I'm unaware of, I'm still 3 years away from LTG (or whatever it's called now, LTP I think). My only issue is, don't suddenly make me a LTP next year, then take it away from me.

I've heard about people not having their points reported...but this is kind of the opposite. I assume it will all get worked out some day.

Lifetime Stats
Nights: 506
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 6
Years as Gold or Platinum: 6
Years as Platinum: 6
Have you merged your accounts? If so, could you have some years when you were elite with SPG and also elite with MR? Those years should, I believe, count double.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Have you merged your accounts? If so, could you have some years when you were elite with SPG and also elite with MR? Those years should, I believe, count double.
I created an SPG account, then merged them, what, last year when they suggested you do that. But I've never stayed at a Starwood property. Now, I know I was granted status in SPG's program because of my Plat status in Marriott, but, like I said, I didn't stay at any Starwood properties.

Hey, if that's the rules, and they're giving me time for doing nothing, then fine. But I think somehow they're making a goof. Regardless, I'll just see what happens over the next few months and not be surprised. As long as they have my nights right, that's all I'm concerned with to make Plat yearly. Before Marriott I was a Plat in Hyatt's program, but I seriously doubt I got credit for that. :-)
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:25 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I created an SPG account, then merged them, what, last year when they suggested you do that. But I've never stayed at a Starwood property. Now, I know I was granted status in SPG's program because of my Plat status in Marriott, but, like I said, I didn't stay at any Starwood properties.

Hey, if that's the rules, and they're giving me time for doing nothing, then fine. But I think somehow they're making a goof. Regardless, I'll just see what happens over the next few months and not be surprised. As long as they have my nights right, that's all I'm concerned with to make Plat yearly. Before Marriott I was a Plat in Hyatt's program, but I seriously doubt I got credit for that. :-)
If you did it last year, your accounts are LINKED but not MERGED. There's a big difference.

The SPG status you got from your linked MR account shouldn't count for your years of Plat, etc.

Old Sep 22, 2018, 2:01 pm

If you did it last year, your accounts are LINKED but not MERGED. There's a big difference.

The SPG status you got from your linked MR account shouldn't count for your years of Plat, etc.

I did merge a month back, when they asked us to, as well. Still though, I think I'm getting something for nothing. And I'm sure eventually that number will drop back down to 4 instead of 6.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
I had 2 double counted years before I merged the accounts but after the merge the 2 nights were automated subtracted. Now I am one year away from 10 PL years but I will make it once I receive my 15 Chase nights in a month.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by naumank
I had 2 double counted years before I merged the accounts but after the merge the 2 nights were automated subtracted. Now I am one year away from 10 PL years but I will make it once I receive my 15 Chase nights in a month.
You're assuming that your years counter will increase once you requalify for status this year and I don't think we have any evidence that this will happen immediately versus in January or even later.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:08 pm

You're assuming that your years counter will increase once you requalify for status this year and I don't think we have any evidence that this will happen immediately versus in January or even later.
I will qualify for PL for 2019 by November so I can wait until January for the counter to update. The key is to have 10 years by the end of 2019 to get LTP as I am sick of the rat race to qualify for PL every year.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by naumank

I will qualify for PL for 2019 by November so I can wait until January for the counter to update. The key is to have 10 years by the end of 2019 to get LTP as I am sick of the rat race to qualify for PL every year.
How many combined lifetime nights do you have? If you don't make LTP soon, the requirement jumps from 500 nights (legacy SPG) to 600 nights in the new Starriott program.

Remember that LTP doesn't include any SNAs (or alternative gift).
Old Sep 23, 2018, 4:57 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by X-ON
Sure but it is quite surprising that such a trivial temporal update of a database entry cannot be handled in real time but needs to be batched at the end of the year ... One possible reason could be that 2018 is more complicated in the sense that you can earn:
(1) a MPG year
(2) a MR year
(3) a SPG year

where MPG year only count towards LTP, MR year and SPG year count towards LTP and LTPP and the maximum awarded years is capped at 2. Not exactly rocket science but probably too much for MAR IT and their current setup.
Yup, I haven't merged my accounts yet since I'm at 9 SPG Plat and 0 Marriott Plat (although I have ~70 nights). So is the latter sweep to fix the # plat years the same time as the LTPP sweep? So if I don't merge before that will I miss it? And if I do merge now, will their IT get too confused that I've earned two separate years in 2018.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
I did merge a month back, when they asked us to, as well. Still though, I think I'm getting something for nothing. And I'm sure eventually that number will drop back down to 4 instead of 6.
No, you COMBINED your accounts. There is still work being done to finish the back office work and this may be going on for a long time since they also have to chase down the new SPG numbers and any combinations that have been done where to correction is coming from the closed account.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:56 pm

How many combined lifetime nights do you have? If you don't make LTP soon, the requirement jumps from 500 nights (legacy SPG) to 600 nights in the new Starriott program.

Remember that LTP doesn't include any SNAs (or alternative gift).
I have 720 nights (was 726 but was reduced a week or two ago). Trying to decide whether to do a mattress run. I already did one event and received 10 nights pre-8/18 this year so I can't do another event. 30 nights of mattress run will be costly. Not sure if it's worth it.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:52 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
So now I have renewed MPG PLT with 50+ nights (50+ nights at legacy SPG properties) so my annual nights increase, LT nights increases , I could choose the annual 50 nights gift, posted in activity list....
However no movement in # years, looks like this will be posted in beginning of next year .... if we are lucky ...."MPG the unpredictable loyalty program" .... "New Day New Program Rules"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.