Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Lisbon, Portugal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott Bonvoy (Gold)

Staying 2 nights in Lisbon and looking to book with points.
What’s a better choice Fontecruz Lisboa or Memmo Principe Real?
Both are 35 K points a night
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott Bonvoy (Gold)
Lisbon, Portugal

Any recent experience with Fontecruz Lisbona or Memm Principe Real?

Looking to book 2 nights in June 2019 with points, and both are 35 K a night
Old Sep 16, 2018, 4:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's a reasonably good Sheraton in Lisbon, plus a bunch of Starwoods located in some smaller towns close to Lisbon.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
The Fontecruz is well-located, in a nice neighborhood, and easily walkable to Alfama, Bairro Alto, and most other places you'd like to go in Lisbon. I believe there is a subway stop across the street as well, but don't remember for sure as I didn't use it. High end stores, like Gucci, within 1-2 blocks.

It is not a traditional hotel though. It's very artsy, bordering on a little weird. As I recall, my room was mostly decorated in black and white (and I believe the rooms are not all the same). For me, I don't spend a lot of time in a hotel when I'm outside my own country, so it was a good place to sleep. It's not a hotel I'd choose to spend a lot of time hanging out in.

I'd definitely stay there again for the location, if the price was right. I wouldn't stay there if I were looking for a lot of amenities.

Last edited by JBord; Sep 17, 2018 at 6:44 am
Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
When we were in Lisbon we stayed at the Sheraton and had a very nice stay. Hotel was generally well regarded among the SPG crowd. Probably a bit more "corporate" than the Fontecruz but it's only 25k per night.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...er-thread.html
Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
My wife and I will be staying at the Sheraton Lisboa Hotel for five nights, starting Wednesday this week (9/19). Based on comments in the thread (referenced above) looking forward to it. I'll report back on our experience.

Bruce
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Stayed at the Sheraton Lisbon for a week in july. Had a great time and can highly recommend it. Bit dark breakfast area but we were happy with everything else.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by JBord
The Fontecruz is well-located, in a nice neighborhood, and easily walkable to Alfama, Bairro Alto, and most other places you'd like to go in Lisbon. I believe there is a subway stop across the street as well, but don't remember for sure as I didn't use it. High end stores, like Gucci, within 1-2 blocks.

It is not a traditional hotel though. It's very artsy, bordering on a little weird. As I recall, my room was mostly decorated in black and white (and I believe the rooms are not all the same). For me, I don't spend a lot of time in a hotel when I'm outside my own country, so it was a good place to sleep. It's not a hotel I'd choose to spend a lot of time hanging out in.

I'd definitely stay there again for the location, if the price was right. I wouldn't stay there if I were looking for a lot of amenities.
Completely agree with JBord. Stayed at Fontecruz 2 years ago.

Easily walkable to different locations, there is a subway stop nearby and fits nicely in the 'Autograph' collection. I didn't find it to be weird but it is definitely artsy and not a standard hotel but would recommend others to stay here
Old Sep 17, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by marauders4
I didn't find it to be weird but it is definitely artsy and not a standard hotel but would recommend others to stay here
Artsy, to me, is a little weird.

Certainly not a hotel I'd recommend for the average business traveler, but agree that I'd recommend it for personal travel, but with a description so there's no surprise.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:35 am

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
Agree with the above. I'd stay again, but it is unusual.

I believe I posted in the existing thread on the Fontecruz.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:06 am

I was in Fontecruz for one night last year and they were amaizing. Very similar concept to W hotels, so if you familiar with W - you will know what to expect. They helped me a lot with local bookings and I have got all benefits as a gold which I should get. The location is the best comparing other Marriots.
Sheraton is OK for airoport, but to far away for the sights (if you want to walk).
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:05 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by HRSPGPutnik
Sheraton is OK for airoport, but to far away for the sights (if you want to walk).
Quite far if walking but there's a bus stop that goes to the major tourist areas right infront of the hotel. There's also a metro station around the corner.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA 2.7MM LTP, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Nat'l Emerald Exec)
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Quite far if walking but there's a bus stop that goes to the major tourist areas right infront of the hotel. There's also a metro station around the corner.
Spouse and I stayed at the Sheraton Lisboa for a week. Awesome hotel, great upgrade, and while it is a bit of a walk, it's all downhill to the Park and then to downtown. Plenty of taxis and busses and metro.

I would highly recommend this hotel.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by EleanorMcDaniel
Awesome hotel, great upgrade, and while it is a bit of a walk, it's all downhill to the Park and then to downtown. Plenty of taxis and busses and metro.

I would highly recommend this hotel.
Walk wasn't an issue for us as well during our stay.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Stariott Properties in Lisbon

Now that Starwood hotels are also an option for Marriott members in Lisbon, I am having trouble deciding on a property for a stay next August/September. Current front runners are:

-Altis Belem
-Fontecruz Lisboa
-Memmo Principe Real
-Penha Longa

We really do want to see quite a lot in Lisbon so I am guessing Penha Longa should be out and we will likely be using a 7-night travel package so have to stay at one property throughout.

Recommendations? My current leaning is Altis Belem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.