Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Sign in to Marriott.com in order to be able to see the promo and register:
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotion.mi?promotion=FB18
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019.
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points on all stays* of two or more nights and 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand.
  • Play our game 29 Ways to Stay from October 11 through November 8 to learn more about our 29 brands and for the chance to win prizes, including points and free nights.**
  • Register by January 7, 2019
Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points.

Finer print:
*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.

Registration is required. Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards (“Loyalty Program”) members who register for this promotion by January 7, 2019 will earn 2,000 bonus points per stay on stays of 2 or more nights at participating brands. Plus, members can earn an additional 1,000 bonus points per brand starting with the second brand at which the member stays during the promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for stays between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019, at participating Marriott Rewards, SPG and Ritz-Carlton properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends. Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Loyalty Program terms and conditions apply. See https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit www.Marriott.com/MorePlaces or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

Clarification from Starwood Lurker in post 125:
  1. In regards to the part of the offer where you can earn 1,000 points for trying a new brand…There is no minimum length of stay, but you only earn it starting with the second brand. So if you only stay at one brand during the promo period, you will not earn this bonus. But if you stay at 2 or more brands, you will earn 1,000 points for each of those brands after the first one even if the stay is only one night.
  2. You earn on every stay of 2+ nights, so it isn’t about accumulating nights. If you have two stays of 1 night each, you will not earn a bonus. If you have two accounts, you may register for MegaBonus with either or both accounts. You will only be able to earn with one account at a time because you will earn the bonus points in whichever account the stay was booked with. Example: If you have two accounts that are not combined: If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number and stay with your SPG number, you will earn the bonus points in your SPG account. If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number but book your stay with your MR number, you will not earn bonus points.
Print Wikipost

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Thanks.

Totally confusing info on the account

2 night CY - xxxx base, yyyy elite, 2500 extra
1 night AC - xxxx base, yyyy elite, 1000 extra

with no further explanation of what those extra points are.

With your explanation it starts to make sense:
2500 Extra = 500 welcome points + 2000 promo points
1000 Extra = 1000 welcome points + 0 promo points (the 1000 promo points to be credited sometime in January)
Glad you got it sorted out. Can you imagine if there was also a MAGC bonus or additional bonuses? (Shakes head in disbelief.)

What's frightening is Marriott's IT system is 2 years old, so don't expect any changes in the near future. In my opinion this reflects on the quality of their IT team, and explains why after 2 months they still haven't got their act together on merging Marriott and Starwood.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 6:39 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by margarita girl
The 2000 points should post immediately as an "Extra". The 1000 point brand bonus will post at the end of the promo.

Since both the App and the website are FUBAR for me and I cannot see any activity after 9/18 I can’t verify what isn’t or isn’t posting on this promo. But the promo page says I have earned only 2000 points so far. I have already had three 2+ night stays and just checked out of my 4th one so obviously my 2000 points aren’t posting promptly.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 11:04 pm

Is there a way to find out in my account to see if i'm registered for this promo? I tried registering in case I didn't...and it errors out. When I clicked the promotion page on my account, I don't see any promotions...
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:18 am

I booked a 1 night stay at a hotel, then the next day I went to the front desk and told them I wanted to spend a extra night. I kept the same room. On my Marriott account I have two different lines for each stay. I am assuming since the stay didn't post as 1 stay for two nights it will not be eligible for this promotion. Even though I did stay 2 consecutive nights.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by emofeng
Is there a way to find out in my account to see if i'm registered for this promo? I tried registering in case I didn't...and it errors out. When I clicked the promotion page on my account, I don't see any promotions...
Call Marriott to see whether the phone rep sees it on your account.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Got another 50 pts today ("Aloft"). This makes my 3rd instant win.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Sounds like everyone is not seeing the 1,000 bonus points for their second or greater brand posted to the account.

My first stay with 2+ nights posed with 2000 points automatically. All of my stays since then have been one-nighters but the 1,000 bonus points for them being at different brands haven't posted yet. I'm up to 6 brands with two more booked . Should be able to hit the 10 brands by January pretty easily. Will wait until the promo is over and a few weeks after that to see if the 1000 bonus points per brand actually post.

I'm running 100% at earning 50 points in the 29 ways to play game. I've only played a few times but each time I win 50 points. None posted yet.

-RM
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
Similar Boat

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Sounds like everyone is not seeing the 1,000 bonus points for their second or greater brand posted to the account.

My first stay with 2+ nights posed with 2000 points automatically. All of my stays since then have been one-nighters but the 1,000 bonus points for them being at different brands haven't posted yet. I'm up to 6 brands with two more booked . Should be able to hit the 10 brands by January pretty easily. Will wait until the promo is over and a few weeks after that to see if the 1000 bonus points per brand actually post.

I'm running 100% at earning 50 points in the 29 ways to play game. I've only played a few times but each time I win 50 points. None posted yet.

-RM
I love flyertalk. I gain valuable info.

I have stayed at 3 different brands for two nights each, I have received the 2K bonus points for the two nights for all of the stays, but have not yet received the 3 - 1K bonuses yet.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Deleted by author
Old Nov 7, 2018, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The 1000 for different brands (except the first one of course) and the 10 brands (or 29!) one will post next year after the promo has finished, as in February or March!
margarita girl likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
The 1000 for different brands (except the first one of course) and the 10 brands (or 29!) one will post next year after the promo has finished, as in February or March!
is this stated in t&c?

also there is no tracker for this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Question...for the 1,000 bonus points per brand, do reward night stays count or do they have to be paid (cash) stays?

Thanks,
RM
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Question...for the 1,000 bonus points per brand, do reward night stays count or do they have to be paid (cash) stays?

Thanks,
RM

Only paid stays.
RobOnLI likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I seem to be having trouble getting my registration for this promo to stick and I haven't seen any points yet. I registered early but I keep getting emails to register, which I had been ignoring as I knew that I had already registered. Recently I did a bit of investigation, didn't see the promo listed on my account, re-registered, rinse and repeat.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium

-RM
That is consistent with what I am seeing across all of my recent stays in terms of the bonus points posting for the 2+ nights but not the brand.
  • Courtyard 4 Night Stay (2,000 Points)
  • Renaissance 3 Night Stay (2,000 Points)
  • Renaissance 3 Night Stay (2,000 Points)
Now, I realize that I've only stayed at two brands thus far and have a third brand coming up in a week in Florida so I'm going to try and diversify my upcoming stays to get that 10,000 bonus for 10 different brands.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.