Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Platinum Elite - pick 5 elite nights or 5 suite nights?

Platinum Elite - pick 5 elite nights or 5 suite nights?

Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:14 am

I have a question related to this topic. I had 90 Marriott nights last year, and 90 nights this year. When the merger occured I was able to choose my two gifts. Is this my 2018 gift? I have already qualified for Premier Platinum next year since I have 90 nights this year. Will I get 2 more gift options next year?

If not, do these 5 night elite nights count towards my 2018 night total? Why would anyone use the 5 night gift at 75 nights if that was the case this year? I would assume that these will count for my 2019 total or I will be getting new gift options on January 1st 2019. Anyone know the answer/answers?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:20 pm

I'll hit 50 nights by Thanksgiving. No chance of getting to 75. I'm roughly 150 nights short of Lifetime Platinum (will have 9 of the required 10 years). I had planned to just take the extra 5 nights to get closer to 600 lifetime nights until I carefully read the T&C. The 5 elite nights do not count towards Liftetime status. I guess selecting the 5 SNA makes the most sense

"(1) Upon an eligible Platinum Elite Member selecting the Five Elite Night Credits as his/her Annual Choice Benefit, the Platinum Member will have his/her Member account credited with five (5) bonus Elite Nights which count toward earning Elite status only. These bonus Elite Nights do not count toward Lifetime status. Elite Nights and Elite membership status are subject to the Program Rules in section 4.2.b."
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I'm in the same boat as the OP.

I'm just going to wait and see -- I've got myself at around 65-70 nights (at 51 now) but it's certainly possible another work trip pops up. If not I'm leaning towards taking the 5 night credits with my 50 gift and the 5 SNA for the 75 gift.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
Does the 5 elite night credits count towards lifetime status?

Does the 5 elite night credits also count for lifetime nights? I am referring to one of the selections offered to Plats who reach the 50 and 75 night thresholds.

I am not going to achieve lifetime Plat this year, but these nights could be of value for me towards the 600 lifetime nights in the future (if they counted of course). So I was curious if they counted. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by kavok
Does the 5 elite night credits also count for lifetime nights? I am referring to one of the selections offered to Plats who reach the 50 and 75 night thresholds.

I am not going to achieve lifetime Plat this year, but these nights could be of value for me towards the 600 lifetime nights in the future (if they counted of course). So I was curious if they counted. Thanks in advance.
Have not verified myself, but I've heard from someone on Facebook that they do not.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by tush17
I have a question related to this topic. I had 90 Marriott nights last year, and 90 nights this year. When the merger occured I was able to choose my two gifts. Is this my 2018 gift? I have already qualified for Premier Platinum next year since I have 90 nights this year. Will I get 2 more gift options next year?

If not, do these 5 night elite nights count towards my 2018 night total? Why would anyone use the 5 night gift at 75 nights if that was the case this year? I would assume that these will count for my 2019 total or I will be getting new gift options on January 1st 2019. Anyone know the answer/answers?
The gift was not available to legacy Marriott last year. You got to pick your 2018 gifts for crossing 50 and 75 nights in 2018. You can pick new gifts in 2019 when you cross the 50 and 75 night thresholds in 2019. If you chose 5 elite nights this year, they will be added to your 2018 total. Someone might choose it if they have $20K spend, but are at 95 nights. This would qualify them for ambassador status.

Note that hat even if you wait until Jan 2019 to choose your 2018 gift, and you choose elite nights, they will be added to your 2018 total.

Old Oct 11, 2018, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.