Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Unable to Book SPG Hotels From Marriott Site

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a known issue for anyone who retained their Marriott number that begins with 0 (zero). Marriott is working on the problem. No date has been given for it to be solved.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
Anyone Else Has Issues with Booking SPG Property Reservations Online?

Not sure what I am doing wrong here, so perhaps others who may have similar issues could provide some guidance. I have combined my two accounts. However, I am still trying to book legacy SPG properties so that I could still hopefully achieve the Plat status with the 25 stays. However, whenever I would select an SPG legacy property, then I would be redirected to the SPG website. I get as far as clicking the "Complete Reservation" and then nothing happens. It would say add customer info when I had already logged into my account and the fields were even prepopulated. I would end up calling the 888-625-4990 to speak with a rep to help me complete the reservation.

I am not sure if this is a widespread problem, or just my having difficulty with this specifically to my account.

Any input would be much appreciated.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:32 pm

How are you paying for it as I couldn't use points last week for any SPG property and haven't tried since?
Old Sep 2, 2018, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
Hmmm...I guess I may the only one, or one of the very few who can't seem to book online.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, Bonvoy LT Titanium, National EE
I've been having trouble booking online too and am told to call in to the SPG Plat Concierge which seems to be experiencing super long hold times (waited 20+ min before hanging up the first few times). So far between all the changes, the new website, and the customer service, this merger has been
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:59 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I was unable to book to book two different SPG hotels in HNL on various dates using Marriott.com. I was signed into my PP account, but when I tried to confirm my selected room, I received this error message:

We're unable to locate this Starwood Preferred Guest® account, or you have entered an invalid SPG number. Please re-enter or remove your SPG number, check that the last name you have entered below matches the name on the account, or contact us for assistance
Any tips or advice?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Known issue.

The App sometimes works. Otherwise you must call.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by dayone
I was unable to book to book two different SPG hotels in HNL on various dates using Marriott.com. I was signed into my PP account, but when I tried to confirm my selected room, I received this error message:

Any tips or advice?
I'm having the same issue with pretty much all SPG hotels. It looks like it's still trying to book with my old SPG#. I ended up logging out and booking as guest. Then DM SPG Assist on Twtter to add my Marriot#.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:20 am
Community Director Emerita

Unable to book Starwood awards online

I merged my accounts, with my Marriott account as the survivor. Now when I attempt to make an award booking for a Starwood property, I get the following notice:

We're unable to locate this Starwood Preferred Guest® account, or you have entered an invalid SPG number. Please re-enter or remove your SPG number, check that the last name you have entered below matches the name on the account, or contact us for assistance.

This means I can no longer do a quick and easy online booking but must call and endure the lengthy hold time. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a workaround?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:35 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I’m sorry to say that I’d not heard about that before. I have had no issue booking awards at legacy SPG or legacy Marriott properties.

Please kepe us advised. Here’s hoping it’s just a temporary IT glitch, as I assume it must be?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I believe dayone mentioned the same thing & was told that right now he has to call in (saw it in a dif thread).

Cheers.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
Cant Book Any SPG Room Online - Is it just me? Getting error

Since the merger, I have been unable to book any SPG room on the mobile app or website. I can only book over the phone. My account is merged, my points, and nights are good but when I go to book a room at an SPG hotel, I get an error on the "details" page, right before I hit SUBMIT. It says "We're unable to locate this SPG account or you have entered an invalid SPG number. Please re-enter or remove your SPG number, check that the last name you have entered below matches the name on the account, or contact us for assistance". I am no dummy. I am logged in and all is cool. Any of you seeing this?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Please merge: Unable to make reservation at SPG property

Tried to make a reservation at a Westin for next week, and was unable to get past an error about my rewards number not existing. Was finally able to make the reservation after logging out, but haven't yet found a way to add my # to an existing reservation.

(I did try to call, but had to give up after 20 minutes on hold.)

What a disaster!

EDIT: Just saw the existing thread on this subject. Please merge.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: US CP, AA Plat, DL Silver, EY Gold, Kimpton IC, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by jb3t

Since the merger, I have been unable to book any SPG room on the mobile app or website. I can only book over the phone. My account is merged, my points, and nights are good but when I go to book a room at an SPG hotel, I get an error on the "details" page, right before I hit SUBMIT. It says "We're unable to locate this SPG account or you have entered an invalid SPG number. Please re-enter or remove your SPG number, check that the last name you have entered below matches the name on the account, or contact us for assistance". I am no dummy. I am logged in and all is cool. Any of you seeing this?
Having the same issue since combining accounts. Have spoken to half a dozen platinum reps and no one has been able to sort it out.

Extremely frustrating and I'm taking an SPG break until they sort it out.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
Decided to wait the 60 minutes to get technical help. Here’s the bottom line.

- When on Marriott.com, I still can’t book any SPG hotel without getting the error. The technician verified that my accounts were properly combined and said that he did not know what was going on and hopefully it would be resolved. So, no help there

- I told him that when I went to book and SPG hotel, it redirected me to the Starwood‘s website. He said he doesn’t think that should be happening.

- he told me to delete the SPG app on my phone and only use the Marriott app. After testing out a few things, I was able to book an SPG hotel on the Marriott mobile app. I am going to nuke the SPG app.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: US CP, AA Plat, DL Silver, EY Gold, Kimpton IC, SPG Plat
All SPG properties redirect to the old SPG looking site.

I tried the mobile thing and it let me book but the reservation doesn't show up in my profile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.