Wiki Posts
Search

Current Marriott company line

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Current Marriott company line

The @marriottRewards account is responding to most Twitter complaints with the following:

It is perfectly understandable you are frustrated by the delays that have occurred while attempting to solve this issue. We are trying out best on finding a solution ASAP...Unfortunately the issue is more complex than anticipated and therefore we don't have a specific time frame as to when everything will be resolved. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
New thread because nothing matters anymore.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:37 pm

Personally, I don't see the point of creating a new thread unless you disclose what issue you're trying to get resolved.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
At least they're being honest and not claiming everything's wonderful. Should have acknowledged this 10 days ago.
bhrubin, ethernal and JBord like this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by writerguyfl
Personally, I don't see the point of creating a new thread unless you disclose what issue you're trying to get resolved.
Does that really matter in an environment in which nothing is being resolved?
Benner likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Yes, you're now wasting FT members' time, piling on to the time being wasted dealing with the merger, for no reason at all.

Thanks.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:55 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by CLEguy

It is perfectly understandable you are frustrated by the delays that have occurred while attempting to solve this issue. We are trying out best on finding a solution ASAP...Unfortunately the issue is more complex than anticipated and therefore we don't have a specific time frame as to when everything will be resolved. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Can't they just run a recon and see which account not tally and do manual repost?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
The only bright spot is that its midyear & not end of the calendar year for the IT snafus, & lack of replies to July & August emails
Since I have the 100 nights already, time for Hyatt's for the balance of 2018.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPRich
Yes, you're now wasting FT members' time, piling on to the time being wasted dealing with the merger, for no reason at all.

Thanks.
Don't read the thread?

Though it’s hard for me to understand what’s a waste of time when you have 22,000 posts on Flyertalk
Bigshaker and jrm68 like this.

Last edited by CLEguy; Sep 5, 2018 at 5:52 am
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jiatong
The only bright spot is that its midyear & not end of the calendar year for the IT snafus,
Half of the snafus wouldn't even exist if Marriott had done the merge at yearend.

The other half would have been sorted out with a proper testing protocol over the next four months before going live.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:31 am

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Originally Posted by CLEguy
The @marriottRewards account is responding to most Twitter complaints with the following:

New thread because nothing matters anymore.
Not a waste of time at all, I’m curious what the Company Line is and hadn’t seen the twitter message posted.

Thanks for the post CLEGUY

Dont read threads/posts if you don’t want to people, I mean come on now, nobody makes you click on a thread or read every post.

Whats a waste of time is that we don’t have a single reporting and tracking method by Marriott for all these issues nor any feedback from Marriott on anything.
The Starwood Lurkers did an amazing job of this during the pre merger questions and issues us SPG folks had. Answers, timelines etc tracking a list of 100 or so questions/issues.
Marriotts head in the sand and us having to beg, call, txt, email and spend hours on hold is a waste of our time for sure.

Last edited by Bigshaker; Sep 5, 2018 at 11:39 am
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
But according to the liar in charge 99.9% of the issues were already resolved last week?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:49 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Half of the snafus wouldn't even exist if Marriott had done the merge at yearend.

The other half would have been sorted out with a proper testing protocol over the next four months before going live.
They also could have split out a number of things they tried to combine to let issues resolve themselves in smaller batches. For example, for those whose SPG numbers were changed (independently of merging their SPG accounts with their MR accounts) they could have done that SPG number change months ago and let it settle. They also could have done the SPG 3x points multiplier independently months ago, though I suppose that would have made it harder to pretend that the SPG Amex was earning more points now instead of fewer.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:56 am

Thanks.
Pretty sure I come here to waste time
Kacee likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite

Thanks.
Ditto to the above.

ISSUES ARE BEING RESOLVED. Perhaps not as quickly as you would like, but every day there is more progress.
I have a vivid memory of the United/Continental merger (actually more of a takeover). And the current Marriott/Starwood/Ritz merger is going far smoother than that one did.
The current growing pains are relatively minor. Patience is a virtue. Try to be virtuous....
......In the meantime, I couldn't agree more with CPRich. You are wasting everyone's time.

Newman

Last edited by Newman; Sep 5, 2018 at 3:15 pm
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Newman
Ditto to the above.

ISSUES ARE BEING RESOLVED. Perhaps not as quickly as you would like, but every day there is more progress.
I have a vivid memory of the United/Continental merger (actually more of a takeover). And the current Marriott/Starwood/Ritz merger is going far smoother than that one did.
The current growing pains are relatively minor. Patience is a virtue. Try to be virtuous....
......In the meantime, I couldn't agree more with CPRich. You are wasting everyone's time.

Newman
Thank you. I will PM you in advance of any post in order to get your perspective on whether or not it is worthy of sharing.
BigJC, jrm68 and Seabilly like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.